Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty (and Redraft!): Jakobi Meyers - Patriots

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

I picked him up just in case Michael Thomas was a late scratch Sunday night with all intentions of tossing him back.  I guess I need to hold.  

Same here.  And I did toss him back.  No room for him in my lineup anyway, but still.  :shrug:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not unreasonable. However, there are a couple of differences. First, Meyers has performed better than all those other hot summer hypes.  Second, Edelman is 33 years old and coming off an injur

He’s like $5 I found in some old jeans.  Not enough to buy something big, but I’m not throwing it in the garbage.  

The new Law Firm for the Pats.

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

I would have tossed him back but I had kids sports run long last night.  He looks like one of the few offensive weapons NE has left and Cam is locked in on him.  I will hold for now.  

Considering that he's all they have, you've gotta think that defenses (that aren't the Jets) will make a point to take him away going forward, no?

FBG's League Dominator app is recommending to bid 50+% of FAAB on Jakobi Meyers. Their early projection for him this week 19 pts in PPR... against the Ravens. 

Am I crazy or does this seem overblown? I'd like to stash him for some upcoming byes but it's recommending him as my best WR this week. 

Is he the real deal? League winner type guy?

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/gm-report/jakobi-meyers-2019-film-review

heres some good info on him from earlier in the year.  I remember he was the talk of training camp in 2019, but didn’t get much run in the season.  The article posits that he had difficulty learning the system, and Brady doesn’t throw to receivers he doesn’t trust.

he should be the Pats number one wr for the rest of the season.  Don’t think Julian is coming back and Harry has been dreadful.  Not sure why FBG is so high on him this week as Baltimore is a tough draw.  That said, I can’t see him getting less than 8 targets this week which will at least make him a wr2.

Patriots WR Jakobi Meyers has the sixth most targets in the NFL over the past three weeks. 

After another dominant target share Monday night against the Jets, Meyers is seeing more opportunity than all but the game's top wideouts. He's tied with D.K. Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Robby Anderson, and JuJu Smith-Schuster with 28 targets over that three-weeks stretch, seeing 38 percent of New England's targets. Those who smartly picked up Meyers a few weeks ago can expect plenty of targets coming his way as long as Julian Edelman (knee) is out. N'Keal Harry's (concussion) eventual return to the Patriots lineup probably won't affect Meyers all that much. 

Nov 10, 2020, 9:40 AM ET

6 hours ago, ATB said:

FBG's League Dominator app is recommending to bid 50+% of FAAB on Jakobi Meyers. Their early projection for him this week 19 pts in PPR... against the Ravens. 

Am I crazy or does this seem overblown? I'd like to stash him for some upcoming byes but it's recommending him as my best WR this week. 

Is he the real deal? League winner type guy?

You’re not crazy imo

Im not putting any FF hopes on a QB who looks like he’s throwing a bowling ball

Jakobi Meyers caught 5-of-7 targets for 59 yards in Week 10 against the Ravens.

Meyers also threw a 24-yard touchdown to Rex Burkhead on a designed receiver pass. The Patriots got N'Keal Harry back this week, but Meyers continued to lead the Patriots in receiving, though it only amounted to a handful of catches. Meyers has at least five receptions and 60 yards in three straight games. He's a WR3 for a Week 11 against the Texans.

Nov 16, 2020, 12:13 AM ET

I started him in one redraft league to cover Ridley and Crowder's byes.  Definitely didn't see a passing TD on the way, but the targets are hard to ignore.  Chalk up the low receiving production to the weather last night?  Holding for the foreseeable future...

Edited by wlwiles

He looked the part last year, even with King Thomas VI's known disdain for rookies and WR that aren't perfect.  I was lamenting not being able to stash him anywhere but got lucky in a couple leagues when guys dropped him early.  He's not going to be a WR1 but he's exactly the kind of guy a rebuilder will give you Julio on a 1 year deal for and that's valuable enough for me.

4 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

He looked the part last year, even with King Thomas VI's known disdain for rookies and WR that aren't perfect.  I was lamenting not being able to stash him anywhere but got lucky in a couple leagues when guys dropped him early.  He's not going to be a WR1 but he's exactly the kind of guy a rebuilder will give you Julio on a 1 year deal for and that's valuable enough for me.

Can you lay out specifically what sort of deal this would be? I'm not sure I catch your drift...

26 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Can you lay out specifically what sort of deal this would be? I'm not sure I catch your drift...

I'll PM you so as not to stink up the player thread.  Those that play in these types of leagues will recognize the reference.

Just now, Hankmoody said:

I'll PM you so as not to stink up the player thread.  Those that play in these types of leagues will recognize the reference.

Sure thing. Thanks, Hank.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

Jakobi Meyers played 68 of 69 snaps, and had 3 catches for 38 yards (on 3 total targets). Did he notice the Texans did anything to take him away?

“Definitely. They had play calls where the safety would dive on me. That’s how we ended up making the play on Damiere’s touchdown.”

https://twitter.com/mikereiss/status/1331004084162334720?s=21

Trying to open a roster spot and the guys on the cusp include Meyers, Pittman, Mixon, Bernard, Newton.

I got AJ Brown and McLaurin as normal starters so does anyone think Meyers is going to be more valuable down the stretch?  Non-ppr. 

Course since I got 3 QBs  now more likely I dump one of them.

Jakobi Meyers caught 5-of-6 targets for 52 yards in the Patriots' Week 12 win over the Cardinals. 

It was a modest PPR rebound for Meyers after last week's 3/38 disappearance. Meyers led the Pats in receiving on an afternoon where Cam Newton could not get anything going either down the field or over the middle. Despite Meyers' 12/169 outburst four weeks ago, he's done little to suggest he will rise above low-end WR3 status in PPR leagues. The Pats do get the Chargers' struggling pass defense for Week 13.  

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The Boston Herald's Andrew Callahan said "don’t be surprised if Jakobi Meyers looks like" the Patriots' No. 1 receiver during the team's minicamp.

Callahan added that Meyers has "enjoyed a strong spring" in New England practices a year after leading the team in targets, receptions, and receiving yards. With Julian Edelman retired and no other wideout posing a major threat to Meyers' WR1 status, he should be considered a strong favorite to once again lead the Pats' receiver group. How much that matters for fantasy is up for debate. Last season, the Patriots' wideouts had the fifth fewest receptions of any wideout group in the league, and only Ravens receivers managed fewer yards than New England wideouts. The best-case scenario for Meyers would be rookie QB Mac Jones taking over for Cam Newton early in the season and the Pats reverting to a more balanced offense. Meyers is a savvy late-round pick in best ball leagues right now.

SOURCE: BostonHerald.com 

Jun 14, 2021, 8:53 AM ET

On 11/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, wgoldsph said:

He's the best wr on the pats going back to last season. Now he just needs to keep getting the snaps.

I'm just going to keep repeating this until BB figures it out.

Through 5 OTA / minicamp practices, Meyers is said to be a target magnet. He apparently had consistently found seams and pockets in short to intermediate rounds and has caught just about everything. Apparently that’s been true no matter who has been throwing the football. 

I can’t tell what to make of that, as NE will be running the ball a ton and using their dual TEs most of the time. One would think that 2 tight ends and an underneath WR would put too many bodies in the same place. But for now Meyers looks like the most capable and most looked for receiving option so far. That makes sense given that there are a lot of new faces. 

If Jones starts, whole different story with the Patriots' outlook, but you all have been over that before.

Meyers looks to be the odd man out as they'll be playing 12 personnel all the time. He might beat out Bourne, though. I never saw what was special about Bourne. Agholor I can see him losing a starting position to, but he's got a better speed score, forty time, burst score, etc. Meyers is not losing the job to Bourne because of athleticism, that's for sure.

Still don't get the Bourne signing for NE. I get the Agholor, Henry, and Smith signings (though I think they way overpaid for Agholor), but not the Bourne one. They've already got a Bourne in Meyers. Depth, maybe?