What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (2 Viewers)

Chase Daniel was totally worth spending $27 on and then dropping the following week.

Chase Daniel - Future Islands - The Chase
As if I took another Chase the next week. Chase Edmonds huh?  I should have used a Daniel song for that last one. Oh well, Superior they say never gives up her dead when the gales of November came early. this is likely a metaphor for the rest of my season.

Chase Edmonds - Gordon Lightfood - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

I'm just glad you didn't use Bittergreen, though I'm getting major deja vu on this. 
I've probably drafted Lightfoot before but it would The Circle is Small, or If You Could Read My Mind or Sundown or Carefree Highway or a bunch of others before this one if I wasn't trying to shoehorn it into a theme.

Just to make the playlist doesn't get stale. Or to ensure it does. I liked this song in my new-country days.

3rd string/rate? quarterback - Devlin Hodges - Sammy Kershaw - Third Rate Romance

She kept saying, 'I've never really done this kind of thing before, have you?'

And he said 'Yes I have, but only a time or two...'

Songs for players added:

Jason Witten - Hunted By A Freak - Mogwai

Released and drafted in 2003

Jared Cook - Cook It Up - Aesop Rock

Duke Williams - Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler

Derrius Guice - Uptown Anthem - "Theme From Juice" - Naughty By Nature

Jakobi Meyers - Shadrach - Beastie Boys

We got more suits than Jacobi & Meyers

Dante Pettis - Agony - The Muffs (RIP Kim :( )

Born in '95, released in '95. My youth. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a tough week when your QB and Superflex combine for about four total points.

Oof. Standings readjustment comin'.

This league is tight. Love it, y'all.

Peace. 

That was a tough week when your QB and Superflex combine for about four total points.

Oof. Standings readjustment comin'.

This league is tight. Love it, y'all.

Peace. 
I thought I might be in trouble tonight when you had four guys going vs. my 20 point lead and Tom Brady.

I thought I might be in trouble tonight when you had four guys going vs. my 20 point lead and Tom Brady.
I thought I had a fighting chance going in, which was buoyed by garbage time touchdowns from A-Rob and Darren Waller. Alas, 'twas not a banner night for my real-life football team (the Jets) nor the fantasy starters I had going tonight.

Nice win, Eephus. That's a tough team you've got. Lamar Jackson is utterly electric, and was a great pick. 

Every team in this league is formidable. Cool stuff.

Yeah, if someone wants to trade me a QB for one, let me know. 
Heh. I'm in the same boat, really. Just without the RBs. I think I have a few QBs now, but I'm not sure they're an upgrade, fantasy-wise, over what you have. I messed up a bit at the front end of the draft, and it's swimming upstream to make up for it. 

Oh well. Part of the fun is in the crafting of it. Plus, there's gotta be a nineties alternative band called Schaub. 

Heh. I'm in the same boat, really. Just without the RBs. I think I have a few QBs now, but I'm not sure they're an upgrade, fantasy-wise, over what you have. I messed up a bit at the front end of the draft, and it's swimming upstream to make up for it. 

Oh well. Part of the fun is in the crafting of it. Plus, there's gotta be a nineties alternative band called Schaub. 
My plan/backup bid based on not getting Ty Johnson was adding Foles and stashing him on IR, he may pay off. 

My plan/backup bid based on not getting Ty Johnson was adding Foles and stashing him on IR, he may pay off. 
Oof. That, I guess, was the right time to add him from a selfish point of view then. Your reasoning is what I'm hoping for. His schedule is light and Minshew is fading a bit (though I could see Minshew winning a bunch and keeping the job -- great story) as teams strategize for him. Baker and Sam, while I don't want to pooh-pooh their value, are a bit unknown right now. Foles would be huge to have Week Eleven on. He just started throwing at practice again, I heard.

Regardless, I had trouble managing waivers because I had to cut defenses I'd been holding and my conditional waiver list was like eighteen iterations. I clearly spent too much time on it last night and decided I didn't want a combined four points from my QB and Superflex this time out, so the defenses had to go and QBs called in to potentially stream. 

Anyway, I guess the trading deadline is Nov. 9th. We'll know more by then how this all shakes out.

Talk to me, sister. I was wondering if you were going to go after Moore since you temporarily lost Mahomes. You have Cam sitting on your bench injured too. Are you interested in Allen since you have Cam? 
Sounds great, but what would I trade?  It's not as if I'm saving for next season.

So do I, but there we are.  I should change my team name to the Cripple Creeks.  Mr R says the Bengals may not even start Green if he becomes available because they want to suck for Luck.
😄    Maybe the Bengals will trade AJG. They say they aren't going to, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to. 

Users who are viewing this thread