What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (2 Viewers)

Couple desperation heaves.  

Added Larry Fitzgerald

I won't do a song about his butt.  I won't do a song about his butt.  I won't do a song about his butt.  

Meat Puppets - Touchdown King 🏈

Added Phillip Dorsett

Spent way too much time this morning trying to decide on a track by my favorite Boston metal band, only to come back to what's effectively their most popular one

Cave In - Stained Silver

OOPS, I was out last week and forgot to take a song for the other Fitz..

Ryan Fitzpatrick

A good spot to take a primo glam rock cover, for the trav'lin man.  Where will he turn up next?

Hanoi Rocks - Up Around The Bend

Last edited by a moderator:
I see Matt Schaub is available.  I rather have an empty position.
Indeed, Mrs. R. But any trade wouldn't go through until a few days because of the way our league works. It'd be useless to you and to Blackened Voodoo, who now also needs a QB. I would have offered, but it would be an insult. You couldn't use him this week, and he'd now be useless, as the bye week is next for them and all accounts have Ryan starting. I can't even drop him; he'd have to clear waivers.

I also can't help but think that Parquet Courterback would recoil at such a deed. But to him I have not pledged fidelity; rather, to maybe play in the Elysian Fields of fantasy yore is why I took the estimable and aged Matt Schaub off of the wire while waivers ran.

:football:

Schauber!

Love the first two of the last song picks, Marco.

I've got catching up to do from last week.

Added:

Zach Pascal - Allegro, Chorale et fugato. III - Fugato - Claude Pascal

Kareem Hunt - Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

Chris Boswell - Chris Cayton - Goldfinger

Nick Foles - What Went Down - Foals

Dan Bailey - Danny Boy - House Of Pain,

or Cowboy Dan - Modest Mouse  (if the mix demands Modest over House of Pain)

Tyrell Williams - Lapdance - N.E.R.D. ft Pharrell Williams

Justin Tucker - My Love - Justin Timberlake

Why do I think that the N.E.R.D. song got picked already and with the same reasoning?  I'm going to have to try and look that up. 

Well I hate to go back to my defeatist shtick but if I can't pull one out in simeytown this week I think it might be time to start folding up the tents.  Considering that I punted Week 10 from the very get-go..

And speaking of said get-go and repeating shtick I find myself with an easy chance to go back to my draft plan of taking bands that played Donington this year.  So, for these (final?) three, I shall..

Added Derrius Guice, Deadskins

Told You I'd Be With The Guice D.C.'s Animals As Leaders - An Infinite Regression

Added Jaylen Samuels, NC State

The HU - Wolf Totem <- click here for awesome

Added Matt Gay, Bucs

Tampa's Underoath - A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black And White

rockaction said:
My defeatist shtick is to never quit, but it don't look good. I'd had had the guys I had, I'd have still lost. Good game, @Dr. Octopus -- that seemed over really quickly.

Added:

Gerald Everett -- TK.
See, now I can't fill a lineup.. but I'm technically still in it so I'll try!  Thanks for the pep talk rock

See, now I can't fill a lineup.. but I'm technically still in it so I'll try!  Thanks for the pep talk rock
No sweat. I do mean to please. That is a heck of a bye week to a roster.  I have too many QBs now that rhyme with "hayfield" and "Arnold." Trade deadline is Nov. 8th.

Last call for any trades is tonight. I have backup QBs, a clear WR2 on the block, and am willing to listen to any and all offers, should one be so motivated. 

🤝 Going all-in on the Browns passing game for the stretch run, I don't see how it could possibly go poorly for me :oldunsure:
I tried to go all-in on their passing game, too, with that other offer. Wasn't to be. Now I'm banking on Cincinnati's O-line.

Hoo boy. Hey, it's worth the risk. Thanks for offering and getting a deal done. Always gives a Saturday night a surge of energy for the passionate about FF. 

This is probably the place to ask a random, general question about music.

a-ha. The group. Why is Rhino records, generally an awesome curator, seeing fit to give their albums re-releases and pressings? I was checking out their web site and there was sort of a deluge of a-ha recordings. It doesn't seem like a money grab considering they were such a one-hit wonder and people aren't lining up to buy a-ha deluxe editions of anything, but there they are, repressed and for sale. Anyone have a better idea about the group than I do? I'm interested in the selection of this seemingly -- and I mean seemingly, as I may be largely ignorant of their quality or influence -- disposable act.

a-ha. The group. Why is Rhino records, generally an awesome curator, seeing fit to give their albums re-releases and pressings? I was checking out their web site and there was sort of a deluge of a-ha recordings. It doesn't seem like a money grab considering they were such a one-hit wonder and people aren't lining up to buy a-ha deluxe editions of anything, but there they are, repressed and for sale. Anyone have a better idea about the group than I do? I'm interested in the selection of this seemingly -- and I mean seemingly, as I may be largely ignorant of their quality or influence -- disposable act.
I think they were a lot bigger and had sustained popularity in Scandinavia 

Ilov80s said:
I think they were a lot bigger and had sustained popularity in Scandinavia 
For some reason, I thought I was in the ho ho thread when I read this.

rockaction said:
I'm guessing you're right. Tons of plays on Spotify. 
At this point, I began to wonder what I'd do with a ton a ho hos.

Take On Me!  :boxing:

During tonight's game, NBC had a nice little bit with Prescott and Cooper with a Top Gun theme.  But Mr R noticed that the music they were using was actually from this.

rockaction said:

I know nothing about them outside of "Take On Me" but oddly enough I was at an eDiscovery training session in Florida two weeks ago and when we were out to dinner one night the woman that worked for the vendor and who was instructing the classes stated that her all-time favorite band was A-Ha. She claimed they were not a one-hit wonder.

I figured those were words I would never hear in my life-time, but there is was.

I know nothing about them outside of "Take On Me" but oddly enough I was at an eDiscovery training session in Florida two weeks ago and when we were out to dinner one night the woman that worked for the vendor and who was instructing the classes stated that her all-time favorite band was A-Ha. She claimed they were not a one-hit wonder.

I figured those were words I would never hear in my life-time, but there is was.
“The Sun Always Shines on TV” and “Hunting High and Low” from that same album both got a fair amount of airplay that year and I still hear the former occasionally.  

Not sure I’d consider them hits, though. 

“The Sun Always Shines on TV” and “Hunting High and Low” from that same album both got a fair amount of airplay that year and I still hear the former occasionally.  
I think k4 or someobdy posted that in her Beatles thread. I remember seeing it, and I think it was in that context. 

Huh. Maybe there's an underground currrent we're not aware of. eDiscovery of what, may I ask? 

I think k4 or someobdy posted that in her Beatles thread. I remember seeing it, and I think it was in that context. 

Huh. Maybe there's an underground currrent we're not aware of. eDiscovery of what, may I ask? 
It's short hand for electronic discover - recovering and collecting emails, documents etc in a litigation.

It's short hand for electronic discover - recovering and collecting emails, documents etc in a litigation.
Oh, no kidding. Like part of the legal discovery process in litigation. Gotcha. That must actually be interesting how far and wide people can go into others' communications, etc.

I got into a-ha a little, I had their first two tapes, and I got their greatest hits CD later (overseas) .. they've had some more success around the world, Europe, maybe Japan, and made a lot of records I think.  But it's a little I don't know, synthy/dream-poppy? for me?  I like three songs, their first three "hits" if you include Take On Me which I could live without hearing again

Think of Silverchair too.. a punchline to us but they're like the biggest selling band in Australian history, were massive there for like a decade, they were doing some symphonic sounding stuff and a-ha has leaned on that sound a lot

Users who are viewing this thread