Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss this thread. Thanks to @Northern Voice @Mr. Ected and the rest of you lot for giving me a high fun, low stress way to remain a Football Guy in good standing for another season. Althou

Shoutout to everyone in here for being super laid back about the (nonexistent) clock and having this draft basically run by itself with no issues or commisionering necessary. I'm going to open a

1.04: RB Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints College: Tennessee Song: "Tennessee", Arrested Development

1 minute ago, Mr. Ected said:

3.07 - QB Jared Goff (LA Rams)

Going with a double link to the song. Goff was born in 1994, when this album was released, and STP is from San Diego (close enough to LA!).

Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song.

Great pick, he has a cupcake schedule and is going to go crazy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:
3 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

3.07 - QB Jared Goff (LA Rams)

Going with a double link to the song. Goff was born in 1994, when this album was released, and STP is from San Diego (close enough to LA!).

Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song.

Great pick, he has a cupcake schedule and is going to go crazy 

Thanks. Figure I'm likely to get some double points with Gurley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Great minds think alike. :thumbup:

I had Queen of Hearts or Love's Been a Little Hard On Me queued up if you hadn't sniped me on Cam.  They both have kind of a New Wave vibe about them in spite of being Pop Country hits.

Edited by Eephus
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Great minds think alike. :thumbup:

I had Queen of Hearts or Love's Been a Little Hard On Me queued up if you hadn't sniped me on Cam.  They both have kind of a New Wave vibe about them in spite of being Pop Country hits.

I figured this would be more known to our younger audience since it was used in a Deadpool movie.  Let's see how you like this one:

Song for Travis Kelce:

Bible Belt  -  Travis Tritt

Edited by Mrs. Rannous
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been getting things together for my parents anniversary. Their 60th is today, and we are having a dinner party for them tonight. We are supposed to eat around 7, and I told my sister I'd like to see the Panthers first series, and mom said it was fine to have the TV on the Panthers game, and my sister said we aren't centering our dinner around the Panthers game.  I said we aren't. I knew she would get testy if I even mentioned the game being on the TV. :hot:

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

3.09 Mike Evans WR

Thirteen by Johnny Cash 

Got a long line of heartache, I carry it well The list of lives I've broken reach from here to hell

@Bonzai otc 

You mean 13 by Glenn Danzig, I think. I know Cash covered it, but he ain't write it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You mean 13 by Glenn Danzig, I think. I know Cash covered it, but he ain't write it. 

I’m not taking the Danzig version though 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I’m not taking the Danzig version though 

No, I know. I just wanted to chuckle and throw Glenn's ego the soothing it so desperately craves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:
11 minutes ago, rockaction said:

@simeyon deck, word. She's at a b'day party. I'll wait for the next pick or...yeah, next pick.

My bad 

This gaffe is going to hurt your candidacy to be 2019 Michigan Man of the Year.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rockaction said:

@simeyon deck, word. She's at a b'day party. I'll wait for the next pick or...yeah, next pick.

Checking in. I'm at my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary party. It is just the family at their house eating and drinking. My nephew is running late from Raleigh. By the way, it was my mom's idea to want to have the game on the TV.  Her and dad are big Panthers fans, and I warned her sister would scold us. Anyway. the game is about to begin and we won't be eating for another 30 minutes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, simey said:

Checking in. I'm at my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary party. It is just the family at their house eating and drinking. My nephew is running late from Raleigh. By the way, it was my mom's idea to want to have the game on the TV.  Her and dad are big Panthers fans, and I warned her sister would scold us. Anyway. the game is about to begin and we won't be eating for another 30 minutes.

Have fun!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting draft so far. I have 3 WRs and notice nobody else has more than 1. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I like the freeform musical requirements as well- made it much easier to draft a Green Bay Packer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simey said:

Checking in.

Jamies Winston  QB Tampa Bay  

Song coming later

I am sure you have been drinking at this party, I will let you send Winston back in the player pool and pick again...please 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Interesting draft so far. I have 3 WRs and notice nobody else has more than 1. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I like the freeform musical requirements as well- made it much easier to draft a Green Bay Packer. 

Yeah, but I don't think that's a bad way to go. I just took care of starting RBs with my 3rd and 4th like you took care of WR with your first three rounds. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eephus said:

We've entered the part of the draft where I only recognize the QBs.  How many rounds is this?

I am sure you know some of the guys out there. Lesean MCoy, Larry Fitzgerald and Jason Witten are out there for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I am sure you know some of the guys out there. Lesean MCoy, Larry Fitzgerald and Jason Witten are out there for you. 

I'm scouting songs for Michele Tafoya

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

I just opened and drank much too quickly, the smoothest TIPA I've ever had in my life - Rougelands. 11.5%. Thankfully just a short can... but I'm sure it won't be the only beer of the night... so feel free to all take your time on the turn :lol: :banned:

 

Update: I've casually sipped on beers and been mostly good for the night and am now playing trivial pursuit with my mom. I am a Wild Party. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Seriously though, is Jason Witten really making a comeback?

Yes- no idea what he is thinking or the Cowboys are thinking, but it is indeed a thing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...