Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I've never heard of either of RA's picks either. I probably should have done some research 

Rookie and career RBBC member that's starting on one of the most potent offenses in football.

Jacobs of Oakland was picked 21st-24th (?) in the draft this past year, Williams of KC was a free agent signing for Miami in 2014. In the absence of Kareem Hunt, Williams broke out late last year and apparently won the job. I watched Jacobs a bit at Bama and last night and liked what I saw, so...

I didn't pick some of the other, more highly rated players above them due to injury concerns/holdouts/valuation.

And that's about that. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss this thread. Thanks to @Northern Voice @Mr. Ected and the rest of you lot for giving me a high fun, low stress way to remain a Football Guy in good standing for another season. Althou

Shoutout to everyone in here for being super laid back about the (nonexistent) clock and having this draft basically run by itself with no issues or commisionering necessary. I'm going to open a

1.04: RB Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints College: Tennessee Song: "Tennessee", Arrested Development

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

I am sure you have been drinking at this party, I will let you send Winston back in the player pool and pick again...please 

I may be doing you a favor, cause he may throw a million interceptions and get the hook. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simey said:

I may be doing you a favor, cause he may throw a million interceptions and get the hook. 

Yeah, possibly. I think the Tampa offense could be pretty explosive though and I like the idea of double points for Winston-Evans 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Rookie and career RBBC member that's starting on one of the most potent offenses in football.

Jacobs of Oakland was picked 21st-24th (?) in the draft this past year, Williams of KC was a free agent signing for Miami in 2014. In the absence of Kareem Hunt, Williams broke out late last year and apparently won the job. I watched Jacobs a bit at Bama and last night and liked what I saw, so...

I didn't pick some of the other, more highly rated players above them due to injury concerns/holdouts/valuation.

And that's about that. 

I drafted Harvey Williams of KC back in the day when I paid attention to the NFL.  Dude had a long neck.

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

4.04 Adam Thielen WR

Nineteen by Tegan and Sara

I may not have any RBs or QBs or TEs but I think my WRs are pretty good

@Northern Voice

I laughed as a reaction but I love it. The stylin' WR-WR-WR-WR to start the draft, eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I laughed as a reaction but I love it. The stylin' WR-WR-WR-WR to start the draft, eh?

I can start them all, so why not? Only danger is getting totally screwed at QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I can start them all, so why not? Only danger is getting totally screwed at QB.

Dunno. :shrugs:

You can't win it if you don't risk it. Who wants fifth place?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Northern Voice said:

Welp, with this in mind...

4.05 - Melvin Gordon, RB, SD

The Darcys - San Diego, 1988

Snazzy suit. Sizzling! 

As for the song, I remember this song...you dig this one. Or Tasker did. I forget, but one of you snagged this once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

Snazzy suit. Sizzling! 

As for the song, I remember this song...you dig this one. Or Tasker did. I forget, but one of you snagged this once.

Yeah The Darcys are local heroes and this is my favourite song of theirs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Tell him that he might hold out like Le'Veon and that their situations are eerily similar?

I think he knows that, I meant that Melvin Gordon and the Chargers don't play in San Diego anymore 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I think he knows that, I meant that Melvin Gordon and the Chargers don't play in San Diego anymore 

Oh. Oh yeah. And I live here, dude. I still forget. What a terrible move, fan-wise. That puts a crimp in the song selection, doesn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh. Oh yeah. And I live here, dude. I still forget. What a terrible move, fan-wise. That puts a crimp in the song selection, doesn't it?

It was so dumb. And they play in the small soccer stadium that seats 30k and it's 80% filled with the fans of the other team. They basically get no true home games. I don't think they last long in LA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I would be going with a middle range receiver, and I figure there are gonna be a bunch of those left when I get my next pick, I ought to go with a better TE.

4.06 - TE - Zach Ertz - Philadelphia

For music, Zach was born in 1990. (Was looking thru music from that year, and it was awesome.)

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares to U

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

It was so dumb. And they play in the small soccer stadium that seats 30k and it's 80% filled with the fans of the other team. They basically get no true home games. I don't think they last long in LA. 

This is where to notice the political can't help but be done, but I won't start a conflagration. San Diego is a very conservative city, for a city. Lots of military. Navy especially. They refused to build a public stadium with another raise in the sales tax, and so the Chargers moved. Total free market at work. To keep it apolitical, I'll take no stance on it either way, but they downvoted it, and the Chargers took off. 

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:
7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh. Oh yeah. And I live here, dude. I still forget. What a terrible move, fan-wise. That puts a crimp in the song selection, doesn't it?

It was so dumb. And they play in the small soccer stadium that seats 30k and it's 80% filled with the fans of the other team. They basically get no true home games. I don't think they last long in LA. 

Hey, Philip Rivers still lives in SD, doesn't that count? ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Ected said:

Hey, Philip Rivers still lives in SD, doesn't that count? ;)

I still can't nest quotes on my Mac and I'm on here all the time. How again? Can you try and explain it like I'm a petulant and not terribly bright five year-old. TIA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:
4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

It was so dumb. And they play in the small soccer stadium that seats 30k and it's 80% filled with the fans of the other team. They basically get no true home games. I don't think they last long in LA. 

This is where to notice the political can't help but be done, but I won't start a conflagration. San Diego is a very conservative city, for a city. Lots of military. Navy especially. They refused to build a public stadium with another raise in the sales tax, and so the Chargers moved. Total free market at work. To keep it apolitical, I'll take no stance on it either way, but they downvoted it, and the Chargers took off. 

At least they didn't just pack up in the middle of the night and leave!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rockaction said:
22 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

Hey, Philip Rivers still lives in SD, doesn't that count? ;)

I still can't nest quotes on my Mac and I'm on here all the time. How again? Can you try and explain it like I'm a petulant and not terribly bright five year-old. TIA. 

EDIT: to fix the quote. Didn't do it properly. @rockaction

For the quotes...I highlight the section I want to quote and then a little button that says "Quote Selection." Click there and it will then show up on that pages typing area.

You can also do something with "["Quote"]" and "["/Quote"]" just like with for the hidden quote, but I'm not that great at that. I can never get them to end properly.

As for Mr. Rivers, he had a real nice big SUV outfitted with several TVs, ripped out the middle row seats, and such so he can do some prep work on the way to and from LA.

Edited by Mr. Ected
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. Not working. I get a multiquote box option that I can't use. Oh well. I guess I'll just use it this way. Thanks, man. 

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

33 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I think he knows that, I meant that Melvin Gordon and the Chargers don't play in San Diego anymore 

 

47 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Welp, with this in mind...

4.05 - Melvin Gordon, RB, SD

The Darcys - San Diego, 1988

I'm going to change songs, if no one objects - I'll go St. Vincent - Los Ageless

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...