Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Live Draft Gone Bad


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Maven25 said:

Do you have his email or phone number?  The SP can blast his phone/email about how bad of a commissioner person he is.  Also, I would send an insulting offer back to him instead of just rejecting the offer he made to you.

this.  keep doing extreme lopsided requests in your favor ... over and over and over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Is it time to bid adieu to Jay Ajayi? Replacement free agent options include Mike Davis, Jordan Scarlett, Brian Hill, Darrel Williams, and Wayne Gallman.

I think I'd wait until Sunday morning to drop Ajayi.  Teams might have been waiting until 53 man rosters were set to sign him so they didn't need to guarantee his contract.  It would be nice to see where he lands before cutting him.  I would pick up Scarlett on Sunday.  He could become a lead back with just one injury to a small running back who plays a crazy high percentage of snaps.  You already have several COP backs who can get you 5-10 points per week.  You need to put your efforts into getting a real lead back, not more part time role running backs with low ceilings.

 

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

I think I'd wait until Sunday morning to drop Ajayi.  Teams might have been waiting until 53 man rosters were set to sign him so they didn't need to guarantee his contract.  It would be nice to see where he lands before cutting him.  I would pick up Scarlett on Sunday.  He could become a lead back with just one injury to a small running back who plays a crazy high percentage of snaps.  You already have several COP backs who can get you 5-10 points per week.  You need to put your efforts into getting a real lead back, not more part time role running backs with low ceilings.

 

We have to wait till after week 1 before the “not guaranteed contract to unsigned vets” thing kicks in.  Sunday morning is no different than right now.

If he’s going to sign it will be next Tuesday or Wednesday.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, Anarchy99 said:

To flesh things out a little more, part of the issue lies with the website, which is the NFL.com site. You have to be invited to the league. Then you have to be invited into the draft. The site didn’t want to let us do either. 

We tried to have both of us in the draft but apparently only one team rep can be in the draft. The other (alleged) issue is the commish says the NFL site makes it exceedingly difficult to stop and start the draft and/or make replacement picks. Again, I don’t use the NFL site and don’t like anything about it, so I can believe it is difficult to navigate. Which is why rescheduling the draft or going to a slow draft would have made way more sense. 

Not sure I'll read the entire thread so maybe already discussed...but I commish an NFL.com league and this is untrue.  Its actually one of the things I like about their draft client.  The only situation I saw an issue with is you can't back out a pick you set as a keeper pre-draft.  Pausing and backing out x number of picks is cake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheWinz said:

@Anarchy99

Here is some encouraging news...

According to MMQB's Albert Breer, the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a swap of mid-round pick to the Chargers in exchange for holdout Melvin Gordon.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter

Sep 4, 2019, 12:35 PM ET

If you looked in the Gordon thread, the Chargers shot that one down pretty quick. Breer also said there really isn't a market for Gordon as teams won't give up much if they think he is a rental or if they have to pay him a fortune. Here was what was in the other thread.

Quote

Per Albert Breer

"Did a little digging around on the Melvin Gordon trade market. To give you an idea of where it is, only offer I came across was from Philly. In that deal, Jordan Howard would go to LA, the teams would swap mid-round picks, and the Chargers would eat salary. LA obviously said no.There just hasn’t been much action on Gordon. And that’s not bc he can’t play. It’s bc there aren’t teams willing to fork over draft capital and the kind of $$$ Gordon wants. You could deal for him as a 1-year rental. But (as the Philly offer shows) that lessens his trade value."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

@Anarchy99

Here is some encouraging news...

According to MMQB's Albert Breer, the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a swap of mid-round pick to the Chargers in exchange for holdout Melvin Gordon.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter

Sep 4, 2019, 12:35 PM ET

That's not encouraging news.

That news says, no team is offering anything close to what LAC would accept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheWinz said:

I guess the reason I see it as encouraging, at least for @Anarchy99 team, is because any trade talk is better than none

We'll see. If Gordon sees the walls as closing in and having no place else to go, one would think that the light bulb will go off and he will show up and play. Of course, I thought that months ago, so who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any more troll offers?

Ajayi has no chance of playing week 1 at this point.  Dump him for Davis and see how many touches he gets tomorrow night.  If his usage is low, dump him next week for Scarlett.

Gordon is a bum.

Edited by -X-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, -X- said:

Any more troll offers?

Ajayi has no chance of playing week 1 at this point.  Dump him for Davis and see how many touches he gets tomorrow night.  If his usage is low, dump him next week for Scarlett.

Gordon is a bum.

Does Mike Davis have a prayer to get even 10 touches?  By all accounts the Bears love Montgomery.  And Cohen will have a role.  Davis will be fighting for scraps.  If CMC get injured this week, it'll be too late to pick up Scarlett.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No more trade talks.

There are at least two different schools of thought in play. One is load up on guys that stand a chance of getting starter carries at some point and hitting a home run eventually. For most fantasy teams, that makes sense to stash lottery tickets on the back end of the roster. 

However, for this team, we need to find guys that can get close to fantasy RB3 numbers. Tomorrow or Sunday we need to submit a line up with two guys with scores that count right now. Not in October, November, or December. We have to be able to stay afloat and in the playoff race until Gordon eventually shows up. Rostering high upside, no touch third and fourth stringers won’t help much if we start the season 1-5.

Davis seems like he might get a few touches but doesn’t really seem like he will have a big role. Yet he is higher ranked compares to the other backs  Does anyone think Scarlett could get 5-6 carries and 1-2 targets a game in the early going? He seems one injury away from a huge workload. Davis looks two injuries away and without those may not see the ball much. He had roughly 150 touches last year with n Seattle. Does anyone see him getting 8-10 touches a game now in Chicago?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

No more trade talks.

There are at least two different schools of thought in play. One is load up on guys that stand a chance of getting starter carries at some point and hitting a home run eventually. For most fantasy teams, that makes sense to stash lottery tickets on the back end of the roster. 

However, for this team, we need to find guys that can get close to fantasy RB3 numbers. Tomorrow or Sunday we need to submit a line up with two guys with scores that count right now. Not in October, November, or December. We have to be able to stay afloat and in the playoff race until Gordon eventually shows up. Rostering high upside, no touch third and fourth stringers won’t help much if we start the season 1-5.

Davis seems like he might get a few touches but doesn’t really seem like he will have a big role. Yet he is higher ranked compares to the other backs  Does anyone think Scarlett could get 5-6 carries and 1-2 targets a game in the early going? He seems one injury away from a huge workload. Davis looks two injuries away and without those may not see the ball much. He had roughly 150 touches last year with n Seattle. Does anyone see him getting 8-10 touches a game now in Chicago?

 

Start Henderson and Montgomery- they aren’t going to win you your game but they can get 8-12 points and if one breaks away for a TD, all the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Start Henderson and Montgomery- they aren’t going to win you your game but they can get 8-12 points and if one breaks away for a TD, all the better.

Yeah I agree. I am a Bears homer and a big believer in Montgomery *and* Davis (and Cohen) from a football persepective. From a fantasy lens I just don't see Davis getting touches though. It's going to be the Montgomery and Cohen show. I don't know about Scarlett getting more work but I would take him over Davis. Neither is helping this weekend but over Ajayi sure. 

 

7 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

We'll see. If Gordon sees the walls as closing in and having no place else to go, one would think that the light bulb will go off and he will show up and play. Of course, I thought that months ago, so who knows.

Yeah I would think so too. It may happen yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

Does Mike Davis have a prayer to get even 10 touches?  By all accounts the Bears love Montgomery.  And Cohen will have a role.  Davis will be fighting for scraps.  If CMC get injured this week, it'll be too late to pick up Scarlett.

 

More of a chance of Davis getting touches than McCaffrey getting injured.  Anarchy already inferred he doesn’t want another “injury-reliant” lotto ticket RB.

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

No more trade talks.

There are at least two different schools of thought in play. One is load up on guys that stand a chance of getting starter carries at some point and hitting a home run eventually. For most fantasy teams, that makes sense to stash lottery tickets on the back end of the roster. 

However, for this team, we need to find guys that can get close to fantasy RB3 numbers. Tomorrow or Sunday we need to submit a line up with two guys with scores that count right now. Not in October, November, or December. We have to be able to stay afloat and in the playoff race until Gordon eventually shows up. Rostering high upside, no touch third and fourth stringers won’t help much if we start the season 1-5.

Davis seems like he might get a few touches but doesn’t really seem like he will have a big role. Yet he is higher ranked compares to the other backs  Does anyone think Scarlett could get 5-6 carries and 1-2 targets a game in the early going? He seems one injury away from a huge workload. Davis looks two injuries away and without those may not see the ball much. He had roughly 150 touches last year with n Seattle. Does anyone see him getting 8-10 touches a game now in Chicago?

Ajayi has 0 chance of touches until rostered, so do something. Make a decision.  Pick up Davis or Scarlett and get rid of Ajayi.  Regardless of the shiny, happy feel-good reports on Monty, Davis is the young veteran and is listed as the starter on Ourlads.

I’ll be sure to keep track of B. Hill, Scarlett & Davis for touches & targets during week 1.

Edited by -X-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

No more trade talks.

There are at least two different schools of thought in play. One is load up on guys that stand a chance of getting starter carries at some point and hitting a home run eventually. For most fantasy teams, that makes sense to stash lottery tickets on the back end of the roster. 

However, for this team, we need to find guys that can get close to fantasy RB3 numbers. Tomorrow or Sunday we need to submit a line up with two guys with scores that count right now. Not in October, November, or December. We have to be able to stay afloat and in the playoff race until Gordon eventually shows up. Rostering high upside, no touch third and fourth stringers won’t help much if we start the season 1-5.

Davis seems like he might get a few touches but doesn’t really seem like he will have a big role. Yet he is higher ranked compares to the other backs  Does anyone think Scarlett could get 5-6 carries and 1-2 targets a game in the early going? He seems one injury away from a huge workload. Davis looks two injuries away and without those may not see the ball much. He had roughly 150 touches last year with n Seattle. Does anyone see him getting 8-10 touches a game now in Chicago?

 

Not sure I follow the logic here.

You should roster 2 (and only 2) guys that can get close to RB3 numbers, and the rest should be guys with HR potential.  Churn both types as the season goes along, but treat those first two and last 5-6 RB roster slots distinctly differently.

You need more lotto tickets than the teams with legit RB starters, not less.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, davearm said:

Not sure I follow the logic here.

You should roster 2 (and only 2) guys that can get close to RB3 numbers, and the rest should be guys with HR potential.  Churn both types as the season goes along, but treat those first two and last 5-6 RB roster slots distinctly differently.

You need more lotto tickets than the teams with legit RB starters, not less.

I agree that there needs to be a lot of RB flyers on the roster. But we need to have two guys to plug in right away in that can score SOMETHING each week. (Could be different options each week if match up dependent.) I am just trying to find two guys in the early going that can score 5 points between yardage and reception points with maybe a 30% chance of getting in the end zone. So maybe 7 points on average. So the theoretical question is would Montgomery and Henderson qualify as contributors? My son would rather play Hilliard than Henderson.Just as an example, based on our scoring systems, none of the backs on our roster are projected to score more than 2 points this week. Rex Burkhead is on the wire and projected to score 5 or 6 points in Week 1.

I don't agree with those Week 1 projections, but my general question was whether it is worth streaming a RB spot just to try to get a handful of points? Mike Davis was the perfect example. I don't think his upside is very high (I don't think he will earn a much larger role), but at this stage is inserting a guy that might get 6-8 touches worth throwing in the line up until some of the other guys earn a role (hopefully) at some point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Hilliard, Montgomery, and Henderson, you have 3 guys that project to get 20%-30% of snaps with 2-4 receptions.  You are set with COP backs.  I think Hilliard is your best start.  I'd put Montgomery as your next best start.  I'd wait to see what role Henderson has until I felt safe starting him over the other two.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

With Hilliard, Montgomery, and Henderson, you have 3 guys that project to get 20%-30% of snaps with 2-4 receptions.  You are set with COP backs.  I think Hilliard is your best start.  I'd put Montgomery as your next best start.  I'd wait to see what role Henderson has until I felt safe starting him over the other two.

 

The only reason why I might feel Henderson would be worthy this week is that Gurley will likely be on a lighter workload overall . . . but especially to start the season. So Henderson might see more work than normal. But like you said, hard to know until we see some usage patterns.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

The only reason why I might feel Henderson would be worthy this week is that Gurley will likely be on a lighter workload overall . . . but especially to start the season. So Henderson might see more work than normal. But like you said, hard to know until we see some usage patterns.

But how many of those non-Gurley snaps will go to Malcolm Brown?  At least this week, Brown is going to get as many touches as Henderson because he is a veteran.  McVay is a player's coach.  McVay isn't going to make it appear like Brown has been demoted to 3rd string already in week 1.  That could change by week 2 or 3 if Henderson explodes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

I agree that there needs to be a lot of RB flyers on the roster. But we need to have two guys to plug in right away in that can score SOMETHING each week. (Could be different options each week if match up dependent.) I am just trying to find two guys in the early going that can score 5 points between yardage and reception points with maybe a 30% chance of getting in the end zone. So maybe 7 points on average. So the theoretical question is would Montgomery and Henderson qualify as contributors? My son would rather play Hilliard than Henderson.Just as an example, based on our scoring systems, none of the backs on our roster are projected to score more than 2 points this week. Rex Burkhead is on the wire and projected to score 5 or 6 points in Week 1.

I don't agree with those Week 1 projections, but my general question was whether it is worth streaming a RB spot just to try to get a handful of points? Mike Davis was the perfect example. I don't think his upside is very high (I don't think he will earn a much larger role), but at this stage is inserting a guy that might get 6-8 touches worth throwing in the line up until some of the other guys earn a role (hopefully) at some point?

I don't feel strongly about any of the names you mentioned.  My point was that you need to carry exactly two Ty Montgomery types, and as many potential Nick Chubbs as you can possibly fit on the roster.

Swap one Ty Montgomery with another Ty Montgomery as the situation dictates, but don't use any of your Nick Chubb slots on additional Ty Montgomerys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a lot of positive yards, but Davis did have 11 total touches with 5 carries for 19 & 6 catches for 17 on 7 targets.  The one target he missed was a sideline pass to the GL that the defender luckily deflected blindly or he would’ve had a TD.

To compare against the other CHI RBs, Cohen had 8 catches for 49 & 0 rushes while D. Monty had 6 rushes for 18 plus 1 catch for 27.  So Davis out-touched them both individually.

That’s respectable for a short-term plugin RB, which is all Davis is.

We’ll see how B. Hill, Hilliard, Scarlett, Brown, Henderson, Ty Monty & Ogunbowale do.  Maybe the commish will panic and dump D. Monty.

Edited by -X-
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

What does the roster of the AB owner look like?

I think AB lands on his feet and will still be fantasy relevant. But since you asked . . .

Watson, Murray
DJohnson, Fournette, RFreeman, Singletary, JHill, Edmonds
Cooks, Lockett, AB, ARobinson, MBrown
McDonald, Burton
Tucker
Browns

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2019 at 1:17 AM, -X- said:

We’ll see how B. Hill, Hilliard, Scarlett, Brown, Henderson, Ty Monty & Ogunbowale do.

Snap counts are not yet available, so here are some quick & dirty stats:

B. Hill - Inactive (Freeman was horrible, but Vikings D and in a hole early)

#2-Hilliard - 1-4-1 TD rushing, 1/2-14 rcvng (lucky points)

Scarlett - Active - 0 (no worth yet)

#1-Brown - 11-53-2 TD rushing, 0 rcvng (heavy RZ use)

Henderson - 1-0 rushing, 0 rcvng (hold for later)

Ty Monty - 2-4 rushing, 0 rcvng (v. little usage)

Ogunbowale - 0 rushing, 4/5-33 rcvng (promising but only as pass catcher right now)

 

Hope you started Crowder (14 catches on 17 targets!), but likely not.  Evans was a bum because Winston was garbage. Should’ve dealt him.

OBJ was meh because Mayfield was harangued all day.

Mahomes was good but suffered what Dr. Chao is calling a high ankle sprain, so watch out for him possibly missing time.  

Ebron was a bum and Eifert was meh.

 

How’d you do and which RBs did you start?

Edited by -X-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Another trade offer. Hopkins and Mahomes for Robby Anderson, David Njoku, Kerryon Johnson, and Baker Mayfield.

It's basically Mahomes & Nuke for Mayfield & Kerryon.  Robby Anderson is a wasted roster spot for you.  And Njoku is useless with Kelce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bryhamm said:

Ah.  Another dumb trade request to see if you'll "reach"

Essentially, all the trade offers we have received have been teams offering to clear out guys on their bench for our best players. Literally not one team has not offered up anyone that they would start. We've always been giving up the best player or players in any proposed deal for guys sitting on someone's bench.

So while I appreciate all the folks that have suggested potential trades, no one will offer up a fair deal and any trade talks we initiate get auto rejected in 15 seconds with no counter offer (or if there is one it's like the one I just posted).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Another trade offer. We would give up Mike Evans, Dare Ogunbowale, and Jay Ajayi for Adrian Peterson, Taken Cohen, and Larry Fitzgerald. My son wants to jump all over that before the guy changes his mind. I am not as enamored. Thoughts?

That is not a horrible offer at all.  Let's see what others think...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

That is not a horrible offer at all.  Let's see what others think...

I forgot Guice got hurt again and ADP would start until Guice came back. Peterson was inactive Week 1 . . . that's the part I remembered. If nothing else, we would gain RB depth and flex options that we didn't have before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I forgot Guice got hurt again and ADP would start until Guice came back. Peterson was inactive Week 1 . . . that's the part I remembered. If nothing else, we would gain RB depth and flex options that we didn't have before.

Let's figure this deal out...

Evans/Fitz - I don't think the dropoff is as big as others may think

AP & Cohen become your weekly starters, and you give up Ajayi, who may never see the field, and Dare, who is unlikely to become anything more than a utlility RB behind Barber and Rojo

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s see this owner’s full roster first.

Never accept an initial offer without countering and discussing.

Be careful with AP.  I actually drafted him late last season and he was tough to deal with due to inconsistent production and then ran out of gas before the playoffs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Let's figure this deal out...

Evans/Fitz - I don't think the dropoff is as big as others may think

AP & Cohen become your weekly starters, and you give up Ajayi, who may never see the field, and Dare, who is unlikely to become anything more than a utlility RB behind Barber and Rojo

I agree with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...