Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Live Draft Gone Bad

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Gotcha. Yeah, I figured he'd have a full bench and would need to drop one. In that case, you could take from him the player he wants least and then you could drop him.

Funny how a player can get a start in the league and have a totally different effect on fantasy players. To me, even though he's played 16, 16, 12 games the past three years, losing four to suspension, Ingram will always strike me as the guy he was at the beginning of his career, which was that he seemed a tad slow and injury-prone, for however much you accept injuries as anything but luck. 

Ingram has done better than expected, but all along I have felt that his role and job were never really secure. It always seemed like someone better would come along and send him to the bench. Yet it hasn't turned out that way. Put another way, if we were going to try to target a RB, I probably wouldn't have picked him as the one to target. But maybe that's a good thing, as he's not exactly a guy that most people think of when discussing top backs. But in 0 ppr leagues, he ranked as the #12 RB in terms of fantasy ppg since 2016.

6 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Ingram has done better than expected, but all along I have felt that his role and job were never really secure. It always seemed like someone better would come along and send him to the bench. Yet it hasn't turned out that way. Put another way, if we were going to try to target a RB, I probably wouldn't have picked him as the one to target. But maybe that's a good thing, as he's not exactly a guy that most people think of when discussing top backs. But in 0 ppr leagues, he ranked as the #12 RB in terms of fantasy ppg since 2016.

I think Payton's usage of him had a lot to do with that feeling of usurpation or job insecurity. Also, I wasn't implying he isn't a really good RB now. He's a quality RB1/2 to have on your fantasy team. I'm just saying that my own opinion was colored by his first few years. He's a different runner now than when he first came into the league, if my eyes are telling me anything. He seems to be doing really well, and I can see how people would get attached to that.

It's also a different game in Baltimore, and he seems to be having a really good deal of success. 

9 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I wouldn't move Ingram for Wilson and Ebron if it were me. I was high on Ingram in the offseason and am loving having him on most of my redraft squads and a couple dynasties this year. He is a stud. If you can get him with Wilson and Ebron I'd call that a major coup. 

I am not expecting this to go anywhere, and if it did it would likely have to involve more coming from our side. So maybe Wilson, Ebron, and Fitz for Ingram and Marvin Jones coming back. We would have to then decide if something like that would be worth it.

5 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I am not expecting this to go anywhere, and if it did it would likely have to involve more coming from our side. So maybe Wilson, Ebron, and Fitz for Ingram and Marvin Jones coming back. We would have to then decide if something like that would be worth it.

This sounds more doable, but I would think it actually might make both teams worse.

Fitz's stats with Kyler are interesting, to say the least. PFF points out that he has four 40+ yard catches from Kyler this year through three games (and I think it was the first two) alone. He's racked up 31 targets and crossed a hundred yards twice.

Murray can look really bad here and there and for most of a game, but that Air Raid looks to be high volume, and volume is key. 

2 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

No chance I'd deal Ingram for Wilson/ebron. Don't blame you trying to peddle Wilson but he nor ebron hold much value in a 1 qb/1te league

I would tend to agree, but the team in question has Daniel Jones and Jacoby Brissett at QB and Demetrius Harris at TE. Jones looked good in his first outing (not sure he can sustain that once there is tape available for NFL teams to review), Brissett had a good week this week but hasn't been a great fantasy option, and Harris isn't Njoku.

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

This sounds more doable, but I would think it actually might make both teams worse.

Fitz's stats with Kyler are interesting, to say the least. PFF points out that he has four 40+ yard catches from Kyler this year through three games (and I think it was the first two) alone. He's racked up 31 targets and crossed a hundred yards twice.

Murray can look really bad here and there and for most of a game, but that Air Raid looks to be high volume, and volume is key. 

Theoretically, if we wouldn't really use Wilson or Ebron much anyway, we would be moving Fitz for Ingram. Ingram would be a huge upgrade at RB and Jones would be decent enough to play as a flex. But we would lose a lot of depth (if that is even a real thing in fantasy). It probably would make sense on our side to consider this as a trade option too.

If we made that trade and assuming Gordon really is coming back soon, our starting lineup would look like:

Mahomes
Ingram, Gordon
Hopkins, OBJ
MJones
Hooper
Zuerlein
Bears

:shrug:

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Theoretically, if we wouldn't really use Wilson or Ebron much anyway, we would be moving Fitz for Ingram. Ingram would be a huge upgrade at RB and Jones would be decent enough to play as a flex. But we would lose a lot of depth (if that is even a real thing in fantasy). It probably would make sense on our side to consider this as a trade option too.

If we made that trade and assuming Gordon really is coming back soon, our starting lineup would look like:

Mahomes
Ingram, Gordon
Hopkins, OBJ
MJones
Hooper
Zuerlein
Bears

:shrug:

Leeg Dominator loves depth. :football:

That said, that would be a nice looking roster. Especially if OBJ can give you a full season.  Still loved your advantage at WR when you had Evans, but something had to be done. 

14 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I would tend to agree, but the team in question has Daniel Jones and Jacoby Brissett at QB and Demetrius Harris at TE. Jones looked good in his first outing (not sure he can sustain that once there is tape available for NFL teams to review), Brissett had a good week this week but hasn't been a great fantasy option, and Harris isn't Njoku.

Definitely don't blame you for trying. And definitely worth doing it with Wilson.

Me personally -- I'd roll with Jones/Brissett and play the matchups. I'd roll with Harris or look to wire and you'll find comparable production to Ebron. Robbery IMO if you get a fantasy starter for Wilson/Ebron. While Hilton injury could change things, Ebron is waiver wire material otherwise (on pace for something like 425 yards and 5 TD's). Pre-Hilton injury, I'd have told you you were wasting a roster spot with 2 TE.

Fitz - MJones swap doesn't move the needle enough for me. Really don't know what would TBH. And probably won't to his owner coming off 100 yards and a TD. Ingram is just a really tough move. High end production but likely won't see the high end return. He's scored multiple TDs in 2 of 3 games and should easily surpass double digit TDs 

I say this as an Ingram owner, there's no shot of getting him from me w/o including one of Mahomes/OBJ/Hopkins. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, -X- said:

No way will your opponent this week deal Ingram to you.

None of this was my idea. I just said I would try to figure out some offers to try to get Ingram. If I was the team with Ingram I wouldn't want anything to do with this trade, this week, next week, or next month.

I’d be fishing for Ekeler & Guice (if he can be placed on IR).

Just received a notification that Gordon will end his holdout Thurs. but won’t play this week. Ekeler owner might panic and deal him. 

Edited by -X-

Just now, rockaction said:

Serious question though: When does he crack the starting lineup and is he in a committee?

Well, he's not playing this week. Will have to see how he looks physically in practice next week. Will probably be active next weekend on the minority side of a time share. Then a game with an even split. And then probably a 60/40 split. That's just my guess.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. Apparently, Fournette hasn't even hit a normal XFP yet and has touched the ball on the ground once inside the twenty, so when touchdowns regress to the mean, he'll be golden according to PFF. Marquise's numbers between the numbers are also excellent, but he's a rook, while Nuk is...Nuk. 

I'd probably hold Hopkins. I don't really know. Gordon and Fournette with OBJ and Brown vs. Gordon/others with OBJ and Hopkins?

I like Hopkins in the end, I think. 

4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

This one comes without even having to address it. Ingram is on pace for 27 TD. Not gonna happen. So he has to be viewed as going back to his usual RB 10-15 self.

Is Kamara on the Ravens? I bought all offseason. Always performed well, little competition and a great running qb help him. Obviously he’ll regress but top 10 to me still.

3 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

We were offered Fournette and Hollywood Brown (incoming) for Hopkins (outgoing).

You have a huge advantage at WR, and need to maintain that, unless you are wowed with a trade.  You are playing to win now, while others are considering keepers.  Hollywood does nothing for you, so it's Nuke for Fournette, and that's an easy choice.  

• Like 1

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson
RB - Melvin Gordon, Adrian Peterson, Tarik Cohen, Malcolm Brown, Dontrell Hilliard, Darrel Williams, Raheem Mostert
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Larry Fitzgerald, Jamison Crowder
TE - Austin Hooper, Eric Ebron
K - Greg Zuerlein
D - Bears

Latest news is that Gordon will be practicing today, and be available for week 5.  So, who you starting this week?

7 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson
RB - Melvin Gordon, Adrian Peterson, Tarik Cohen, Malcolm Brown, Dontrell Hilliard, Darrel Williams, Raheem Mostert
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Larry Fitzgerald, Jamison Crowder
TE - Austin Hooper, Eric Ebron
K - Greg Zuerlein
D - Bears

Latest news is that Gordon will be practicing today, and be available for week 5.  So, who you starting this week?

Williams and to be announced. Currently that spot is occupied by Peterson.

39 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Williams and to be announced. Currently that spot is occupied by Peterson.

I love that you picked up Williams. That could be really big. Big no on the offer for Nuk.

Couldn't have asked for a better start to the season for this squad. Cohen has been a bummer. All I can say is I hope the Bears offense does better in general. 

I lost one matchup by 0.1 pts this past weekend. Literally two yards would have done it. It's the typical sports fan thing to point to one play and say *that* play made the difference, even though we know the truth is it is the aggregate of *all* the plays. That said it feels like this win can be credited to Hooper, a pleasant surprise. Don't underestimate the impact of Mahomes and his floor, though. Any team that has him has a chance to win a given week. Both OBJ and Nuk feel like they have big weeks ahead. 

Anyway looking good.

4 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I lost one matchup by 0.1 pts this past weekend. Literally two yards would have done it. It's the typical sports fan thing to point to one play and say *that* play made the difference, even though we know the truth is it is the aggregate of *all* the plays. 

No one cares about your team, bro.  Stay focused.  

Edited by Major
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, travdogg said:

Another vote for Peterson. Worried Gordon could be something like 5-30, just to get his feet wet.

Last I saw, Rapoport said Gordon is an emergency RB only today and may only play if Ekeler gets hurt in-game. That doesn't sound very enticing. Peterson currently stretching out for us. Our OC reports he is looking good in warm ups. We installed a couple of extra plays to get him some extra looks. He should be good to go.