What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (4 Viewers)

Indeed.  Need to rehash it.

I think this is it...

https://v.gd/intheface

It’s archived, so...

@SWC

Posted December 12, 2011

your commissioner is a joke and if he says that his rules beat the rules that are on teh webiste you guys should find his house and punch him in the face in front of his family and tell them what a huge cheater he is because if someone cheats at fantasy football they probably cheat in life and belong in the big house maximum security probably in the hole or maybe not but in the end use the printed rules its easier for everyone and then there is no fight

Last edited by a moderator:
My son is getting antsy. Panic setting in. He’s ready to trade a receiver for someone like Mack. I told him to stay away from the dark side. So far I have keep him on the cliff, but not sure that can stay that way. 
Remind your son that you've got the league's best QB1, WR1, WR2, DST and K.  That's 5 slots out of 9 where you've got an advantage over every other team in the league.  Possibly 6, if Evans is better than anyone's flex.  RB will sort itself out.

I forgot to mention the tiebreaker issue from last year from this league . . . which fits right into the same issue as punching the commissioner in the mouth as referenced above. To recap, my son's team finished in a five way tie for the last playoff spot. The league initially had rules in place . . . but in reality they took the default rules set up for the league by the league hosting site.

By the original rules on the old site, my son's team would have won the tie breaker (which was total points scored in a multi-team tie). As mentioned already, they switched to the NFL.com site for fantasy hosting. HOWEVER, none of the tiebreaker rules were entered on the new hosting platform by the commish. So when it came down to determining the last playoff spot, he went with the default setting on the NFL.com site . . . which is the same as real football . . . which left my son's team on the outside looking in.

On that issue, most of the league sided with my son, but the commish ruled that the hosting site determined the tiebreaker rules and that's what they were going to have to use. All the teams were working under the assumption that total points would be the tiebreaker. So yeah, just another reason to love this commissioner.

I forgot to mention the tiebreaker issue from last year from this league . . . which fits right into the same issue as punching the commissioner in the mouth as referenced above. To recap, my son's team finished in a five way tie for the last playoff spot. The league initially had rules in place . . . but in reality they took the default rules set up for the league by the league hosting site.

By the original rules on the old site, my son's team would have won the tie breaker (which was total points scored in a multi-team tie). As mentioned already, they switched to the NFL.com site for fantasy hosting. HOWEVER, none of the tiebreaker rules were entered on the new hosting platform by the commish. So when it came down to determining the last playoff spot, he went with the default setting on the NFL.com site . . . which is the same as real football . . . which left my son's team on the outside looking in.

On that issue, most of the league sided with my son, but the commish ruled that the hosting site determined the tiebreaker rules and that's what they were going to have to use. All the teams were working under the assumption that total points would be the tiebreaker. So yeah, just another reason to love this commissioner.
Why in the world did your son sign up to play again this year after that debacle?

Wow, so the face-punching is even more apropos.

Are there divisions in this league?  That would present additional social engineering, I mean trading, opportunities.

The other issue will be that once the regular season starts, the league uses a waiver claim process. Every time you claim a player in the waiver claim process, your team then goes to the end of the waiver claim queue. So if a name RB got hurt in a game, the team with the #1 waiver claim gets first chance to pick him up. Bottom line, the odds aren't great on being able to swoop in and snag someone due to an injury. There is a FCFS waiver period to pick up anyone you want later in the week, but hot commodities will never make it that far.
When a big name RB goes down try grab the 3rd guy too. If your waiver order doesn't give you the consensus backup take the next guy. In case consensus is wrong like it often is.

Too late to get Cousins. He must have got a notification and snagged Cousins. But since you asked . . .

Luck, Cousins
Elliot, Conner, Ingram, Murray, Mattison, Edwards, Pollard
Allen, Thielen, Jones,  Westbrook, Moncrief
Graham
Fairbairn
Ravnes
I'm catching up but maybe Evans for Thielen and Ingram? If these rosters are still straight.

If you read his responses on the first page, or the second page, or the third, you will get your answer.
Link to the post where it was explained (on Page 1 or any subsequent page in this thread) that his son's "friends" acted in any manner other than "#### you, dude"?  That's the part that seriously doesn't seem normal about this whole situation.

I guess I don't consider folks like that to be friends, unless you're used to having your "friends" in the neighborhood routinely trade and collect your teeth like baseball cards.  But to be fair, participating in this league this season after BS that the commissioner pulled in the past really has to be chalked up to caveat emptor, I suppose.

Remind your son that you've got the league's best QB1, WR1, WR2, DST and K.  That's 5 slots out of 9 where you've got an advantage over every other team in the league.  Possibly 6, if Evans is better than anyone's flex.  RB will sort itself out.
He will be. 

This is interesting. This altruism is actually helping me sort out what I think about these guys. I would not sell low to get an emergency running back. Ty Montgomery is supposedly going to be heavily involved in the early weeks. Henderson will get touches. So maybe you eat a week or two. Maybe you make a move to get LeSean McCoy for something really cheap, hoping that he gets cut and lands on his feet somewhere. I don't know. But I wouldn't trade for trading's sake. Either way, good luck. I'll be following this, too. 

Every once in a while, your entire team needs to be posted, so we all know what's current...

QB - Patrick Mahomes - KC/12 - $27
QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/11 - $17

RB - Melvin Gordon - LAC/12 - $24
RB - Darrell Henderson - LAR/9 - $15
RB - Ty Montgomery - NYJ/4 - $5
RB - Malcolm Brown - LAR/9 - $4
RB - Dontrell Hilliard - CLE/7 - $4
RB - Damarea Crockett - HOU/10 - $4
RB - Jay Ajayi - FA/1-17 - $4

WR - DeAndre Hopkins - HOU/10 - $34
WR - Odell Beckham - CLE/7 - $31
WR - Mike Evans - TB/7 - $27
WR - Jamison Crowder - NYJ/4 - $11

TE - Eric Ebron - IND/6 - $16
TE - Austin Hooper - ATL/9 - $15

PK - Greg Zuerlein - LAR/9 - $7

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/6 - $10

Total value:  255

See, your team is better than a contest entry, and it's a player short.

I know some are saying to stand pat and I agree his core WRs are amazing, but I’ll reiterate the need to gain stability at RB while adding WR depth, since they are plentiful.

After week one is when most owners panic, so plant those trade seeds now with offers to multiple teams, even if you make them moderately unbalanced in your favor.

We’ve all been in a weak RB situation and it’s no fun playing the WW game or worrying about tracking matchups and potential usage based on speculated game scripts.

RB - Melvin Gordon - LAC/12 - $24
There’s still a glaring hole at RB. Unfortunately I don’t see Gordon coming back until week 10.

As others have said - you definitely have depth to deal. You don’t need both Wilson & Mahomes. Someone’s gotta need a QB, and wilson should get you a stable high end RB2 at least. Maybe the Duke Johnson owner is interested? Something in that range seems fair. 

Maybe you could also deal a WR for a RB3 type with a WR2 packaged? 

Without addressing RB, this will be a frustrating team to own.

I know some are saying to stand pat and I agree his core WRs are amazing, but I’ll reiterate the need to gain stability at RB while adding WR depth, since they are plentiful.

After week one is when most owners panic, so plant those trade seeds now with offers to multiple teams.
I think all are in agreement with you, but finding a trade partner willing to offer a fair deal seems to be the problem.  All other owners know he has a weak RB corps, and are lowballing him.  In a .5PPR league where you start 2RB, 2WR, and a flex, DeAndre Hopkins (WR1) is comparable to around RB5, OBJ (WR5) is comparable to around RB8, and Mike Evans (WR8) is comparable to around RB12.  If the deal isn't fair, I would rather sit tight.  I wouldn't accept a crappy deal from one of these 11 cowards.  Yes, they are all cowards, or one of them would've stood up and demanded the draft stop or get rescheduled.  I hate the commish and don't even know the guy.  Worst 11 "friends" ever. 

LeSean McCoy being released. Too bad you couldn't have traded for him before his value skyrockets moving to a better situation. Like Houston.

LeSean McCoy being released. Too bad you couldn't have traded for him before his value skyrockets moving to a better situation. Like Houston.
Almost 1200 players are going to be cut today. It will be a wild ride to try to figure out roles, depth charts, and potential signings. In the HOU situation, I am not sure McCoy would be a better option than Johnson or Crockett. I agree they may want to sign an in expensive depth piece at RB, but I am not sure that player will have a large fantasy role.

Assuming there is a clear option to pick up off of waivers, I would guess the player best suited for us to drop is Ajayi?
RB's are presently Melvin Gordon, Darrell Henderson, Ty Montgomery, Malcolm Brown, Dontrell Hilliard, Damarea Crockett,  Jay Ajayi

Almost 1200 players are going to be cut today. It will be a wild ride to try to figure out roles, depth charts, and potential signings. In the HOU situation, I am not sure McCoy would be a better option than Johnson or Crockett. I agree they may want to sign an in expensive depth piece at RB, but I am not sure that player will have a large fantasy role.

Assuming there is a clear option to pick up off of waivers, I would guess the player best suited for us to drop is Ajayi?
RB's are presently Melvin Gordon, Darrell Henderson, Ty Montgomery, Malcolm Brown, Dontrell Hilliard, Damarea Crockett,  Jay Ajayi
I don't know. I'd defer to the crowd. I'd probably bet on him being in Houston and I'd cut Crockett, but that's how I saw this shaking out, actually. If you look a few posts back, I hoped you'd acquire McCoy on the cheap because I've seen him in Houston since I started following this. But that's me. 

What if the Chargers sign McCoy?  :stirspot:

Anyway, I’d be looking at the team holding Singletary and coming up with trade offers.  Hell, I’d even think about trading Mahomes or Gordon himself.

We received a ton of low ball trade offers the last day or two, but I won't waste posting them as they were all pretty much insulting. Pretty much the equivalent of a RB3 and a WR4 for one of our WR1's. We have made some trade offers and gotten shut down instantly. Anyone we have tried to get has been labeled untouchable. Making a fair trade does not seem in the cards at this point.

What if the Chargers sign McCoy?  :stirspot:

Anyway, I’d be looking at the team holding Singletary and coming up with trade offers.  Hell, I’d even think about trading Mahomes or Gordon himself.
We offered Gordon to people and he is about as toxic as you can get. No one wants him for fear of him not playing this season. So the counter trades have been Gordon and Evans for a RB2. Guys like James White or Tevin Coleman. That to me isn't worth it.

We offered Gordon to people and he is about as toxic as you can get. No one wants him for fear of him not playing this season. So the counter trades have been Gordon and Evans for a RB2. Guys like James White or Tevin Coleman. That to me isn't worth it.
Evans by himself is worth more than those RB's - stand pat

@Anarchy99

Definitely not worth it.  Are these offers coming in with explanations/justifications or just silent troll offers?  In the old EFS dynasty leagues, it was much more email/IM/text-driven and I usually made it a rule to not consider silent trade offers.

@Anarchy99

Definitely not worth it.  Are these offers coming in with explanations/justifications or just silent troll offers?  In the old EFS dynasty leagues, it was much more email/IM/text-driven and I usually made it a rule to not consider silent trade offers.
My son has been getting texts with offers every couple of hours. Sometimes official offers come through on the league site. I am essentially the Director of Player Personnel and a Consultant. I have not had any direct contact with any of the other owners.

I am currently looking at Dodds cheat sheet for the @Anarchy99 league scoring and starting requirements.  The closest RB to Hopkins is David Johnson, for OBJ it's Mixon, and for Evans it's Kerryon.  Now, I am not saying he has to hold out for exact "value", but a guy like James White is equivalent to a WR like Calvin Ridley.

I am currently looking at Dodds cheat sheet for the @Anarchy99 league scoring and starting requirements.  The closest RB to Hopkins is David Johnson, for OBJ it's Mixon, and for Evans it's Kerryon.  Now, I am not saying he has to hold out for exact "value", but a guy like James White is equivalent to a WR like Calvin Ridley.
To answer your question from a couple pages ago, the second or third tier RBs I like this year are probably Carson, Jacobs, Freeman, and Michel. Since NE is the local team, any NE player is essentially not available. I liked that a team was willing to give up Carson, but my son is not as into him as I am.

Here's a formal offer that I missed. Our Melvin Gordon for his Kenyan Drake and Jerick McKinnon. Seeing how McKinnon is going to end up on IR, it's essentially Gordon for Drake.
As crazy as I might sound, that one isn't that bad to me.  If Gordon misses half the season, it would definitely be worth it

• Thinking
Reactions: -X-
As crazy as I might sound, that one isn't that bad to me.  If Gordon misses half the season, it would definitely be worth it
Last I had heard Ballage had or was about to overtake Drake and MIA was shopping him around. Bottom line, I was looking at it as Drake was no longer the starter in MIA.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Last I had heard Ballage had or was about to overtake Drake and MIA was shopping him around. Bottom line, I was looking at it as Drake was no longer the starter in MIA.
He wasn't last year either, and he finished RB14.  Barring injury, I don't care what MIA says - if he stays with the Dolphins, he will be their best FF RB.  And if he goes elsewhere, all the better.

I think he just went like 12 for 27 yards in the last preseason game and speculation is that he essentially defaulted the job to Drake.

Please post the Drake owner’s current roster to see what else we can come up with.

Another fun tactic is to offer a huge trade involving 4-5 players on each side, which confuses the hell out of them.

Please post the Drake owner’s current roster to see what else we can come up with.

Another fun tactic is to offer a huge trade involving 4-5 players on each side, which confuses the hell out of them.
If you could use Gordon, Russell Wilson, and one of your TE's in exchange for Drake and a TE like Engram, I'd be all over that

Users who are viewing this thread