What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (1 Viewer)

Please post the Drake owner’s current roster to see what else we can come up with.

Another fun tactic is to offer a huge trade involving 4-5 players on each side, which confuses the hell out of them.
Winston, Wentz, Prescott
Chubb, Jacobs, Mack, Drake, McKinnion, Ito, Samuels, Thompson
Hill, Woods, Jeffrey
Hockenstein
Gould
Steelers

• Thanks
Reactions: -X-
Winston, Wentz, Prescott
Chubb, Jacobs, Mack, Drake, McKinnion, Ito, Samuels, Thompson
Hill, Woods, Jeffrey
Hockenstein
Gould
Steelers
If that is Darwin Thompson, what about Melvin Gordon & Jay Ajayi for Drake & Thompson?  Sure, if Gordon returns very soon, you lose big, but if he sits for an extended time, you win big.

We have already had talks with this team. We had been offered Mack before. So we could probably could get either Mack or Drake for Gordon. There is no point in taking back McKinnon as we would have to drop someone else first (and we would cut McKinnon).

If that is Darwin Thompson, what about Melvin Gordon & Jay Ajayi for Drake & Thompson?  Sure, if Gordon returns very soon, you lose big, but if he sits for an extended time, you win big.
Wrong Thompson. The one from the Redskins.

I forgot to ask you this for starters - what week do you think Gordon will show up?
Whatever week it takes for him to accrue a year of service to reduce the time he is a free agent, which I believe means he has to have been available for 6 games. So Week 10? I don't think he is worth the money he thinks he is worth. LAC may be waiting for a team to have a pressing need / injury and then trade him. I think both of those are potential outcomes.

I don't see the Chargers caving, so it will be up to Gordon to decide when or if he will come back.

I agree. I don't like those backs they have.  
Not saying that I love them either, but you don't see a whole season of Drake or Mack being better than potentially 6 games of Gordon (who by then would be so far in the dog house that it would be hard to see him being in good graces by that point)?

Gordon and Evans for Tyreek and Mack (or Drake)

Would solve your week 7 bye conflict with OBJ/Evans, and I also have a feeling Gordon sits many games

Not saying that I love them either, but you don't see a whole season of Drake or Mack being better than potentially 6 games of Gordon (who by then would be so far in the dog house that it would be hard to see him being in good graces by that point)?
I'm still hung up that the offer was for one of your lethal receiving trio. I'm trying to do a bunch of things at once. I think both Drake and Mack have significant question marks. Drake's foot, conditioning, and a surrounding offense that is terrible at this point sounds like beating your head into a wall. Mack is now the proud bearer of hand-offs from Brissett, not Luck. I guess if the Colts anoint Kelly their starter, then it's different, but those are two uninspiring guys right now and you're giving up a RB1 for, at best, low-end RB2s.

Gordon and Evans for Tyreek and Mack (or Drake)

Would solve your week 7 bye conflict with OBJ/Evans, and I also have a feeling Gordon sits many games
I was thinking Gordon & Evans for Jeffery, Mack and Drake, then dump Ajayi.

Agreed that Mack with Luck gone means more Hines and MIA will likely be behind often.

I'm still hung up that the offer was for one of your lethal receiving trio. I'm trying to do a bunch of things at once. I think both Drake and Mack have significant question marks. Drake's foot, conditioning, and a surrounding offense that is terrible at this point sounds like beating your head into a wall. Mack is now the proud bearer of hand-offs from Brissett, not Luck. I guess if the Colts anoint Kelly their starter, then it's different, but those are two uninspiring guys right now and you're giving up a RB1 for, at best, low-end RB2s.
Leveon Bell was a RB1 last year also, drafted in the top 4 - and he sat the whole season.  Now, I know Gordon is in a different boat, but unless you think he shows up very very soon, he scores exactly 0 points each week

Drake was the RB17 and Mack was RB21 in this league last year. Will Drake be that much worse this year? We wouldn't be giving up any of the receivers if we swapped Gordon for Mack or Drake. I was a lot higher on Mack when he had Luck . . . agree on that one.

Leveon Bell was a RB1 last year also, drafted in the top 4 - and he sat the whole season.  Now, I know Gordon is in a different boat, but unless you think he shows up very very soon, he scores exactly 0 points each week
I agree. That's why it's not easy. I guess the question becomes the angle: Is it Drake or Mack? I'd go Mack because of the foot situation and Ballage as looming backup. What do you think?

Drake was the RB17 and Mack was RB21 in this league last year. Will Drake be that much worse this year? We wouldn't be giving up any of the receivers if we swapped Gordon for Mack or Drake. I was a lot higher on Mack when he had Luck . . . agree on that one.
I'm worried any time a guy has a foot injury in camp. That said, there are a lot of guys I deliberately skipped over because I'm finicky when it comes to RBs and the like. I have a weird way of drafting and procuring that works for me, but it's not for everybody. So if you like Drake, then by all means. Like the Winz said, you might be getting exactly zero points out of Gordon for the near future.

I agree. That's why it's not easy. I guess the question becomes the angle: Is it Drake or Mack? I'd go Mack because of the foot situation and Ballage as looming backup. What do you think?
Yes, I prefer Mack

I would offer Gordon & Evans for Mack & Hill, for starters.  I think he has found his trading partner - just gotta work it out

• Smile
^That would work.  Colts play at LAC week 1, though.  Maybe wait until after week 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I prefer Mack

I would offer Gordon & Evans for Mack & Hill, for starters.  I think he has found his trading partner - just gotta work it out
Yeah, that would have to be a start. I can't see him getting Hill out of this deal.

As far as those two RB's go, I don't love either situation. MIA is going to be behind all the time and passing a lot. So probably not a lot of rushing attempts. IND should be more competitive than MIA, but my fear is teams will stack the box and dare Brissett to beat them. So Mack may see 18 carries for 56 yards a lot. The upside is not having to wonder if Gordon would ever show up though.

• Smile
Plus you can pick up Mecole Hardman for Hill insurance if the Hill owner agrees.  I don’t think he will, though.

As far as those two RB's go, I don't love either situation. MIA is going to be behind all the time and passing a lot. So probably not a lot of rushing attempts. IND should be more competitive than MIA, but my fear is teams will stack the box and dare Brissett to beat them. So Mack may see 18 carries for 56 yards a lot. The upside is not having to wonder if Gordon would ever show up though.
Drake did his damage in the passing game

You're spot on, IMO. That's the problem with those two backs. It depends whether you want to wait Gordon out. 

Don't talk yourself out of it - if you think Gordon sits half the season (which I do too), then trade him now

Another negative aspect is if Gordon comes back, that owner has a juggernaut RB lineup for the playoffs, unless Hunt cuts into Chubb’s touches significantly.

The other negative aspect is if Gordon comes back, that owner has a juggernaut RB lineup for the playoffs.
You have to make the playoffs to worry about the playoffs.
And who knows where the Chargers will be mindset wise. They could limited how much they plays or they could run him into the ground.
Similarly, Gordon could show up 25 pounds overweight and need a month to get into football shape.
Their are a lot of possible outcomes with him.

If Gordon only has to play 6 games to accrue, he would have to show up before the Chargers game vs KC.  He would most certainly be limited at best in that game, then the Chargers have a bye.  His next 3 games are DEN, JAX, MIN, and OAK in weeks 13-16, none of which are easy games.  

Yes, I prefer Mack

Mack by a mile over any of the other RB names being thrown around here. He is undervalued because of Luck, but Brissett will be better than people think and Mack is going to be ok. IMO. #### Drake.

• Laughing
That’s why I’m saying offer a big trade and let the other guy whittle it down to something reasonable.  The point is to get a discussion going instead of dealing with these silent troll offers.

Mack by a mile over any of the other RB names being thrown around here. He is undervalued because of Luck, but Brissett will be better than people think and Mack is going to be ok. IMO. #### Drake.
Barack has given it his seal of approval - Gordon & Evans for Mack & Hill - it's worth sending the offer, even if you think he will decline

You can also work on the Carson owner as well.  Even if your kid hates him, it’s up to you to make him see his value.

If Gordon only has to play 6 games to accrue, he would have to show up before the Chargers game vs KC.  He would most certainly be limited at best in that game, then the Chargers have a bye.  His next 3 games are DEN, JAX, MIN, and OAK in weeks 13-16, none of which are easy games.  
Just as a sidebar, one of my pet peeves is how ill informed the sports media is on procedural rules in the NFL. Things like accrued seasons, PUP rules, IR rules, salary cap hits, etc. are so often misreported that I want to email the reports and rip them a new one. In fact, I have done that multiple times.

For whatever reason, people don't know that to get on the training camp PUP list you have to start on the training camp PUP list . . . you can't get added to the training camp PUP list once activated. And if you aren't on the training camp PUP list you can't get on it for the regular season. And if you aren't on the 53 man roster you can't go on  the IR Designated to Return list . . . you can only go on season long IR. Lots of things like this rub me the wrong way when reporters provide options that don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread