What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (2 Viewers)

IMO if Gilbert or Skipper are not on the 53 then neither will make it through waivers.   I think the team keeps them both by either only keeping 8 OL or 2 QBs or put Layne on the IR and go with 5 CBs.
It will be a massive surprise if they do not keep both players - if they keep Matakevich over UGIII I will revolt

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Trade dobbs for a late pick. My 53:

QB:  

ben. Rudy. 

Rb.

Conner. Samules. Snell. Nix. 

Wr. 

Juju. Montcrief. Washington. Johnson. Switz. Holton. 

Te. 

Mcdonald. Grimble (or new acquisition). Gentry. 

Oline. 

Pounce. Decastro. Foster. Villa. Finn. Feiler. Chuks. Banner. Johnson. 

Dline. 

Heyward. Tuitt. Hargrave. Alualu. Mccullers. Buggs

LB. 

Watt. Dupree. Bush. Williams. Barron. Ola. Chick. Matakevich. Gilbert. Skipper. 

Cb. 

Haden. Nelson. Hilton. Sutton. Layne. Burns. 

S. 

Davis. Edmunds. Kam (also play cb) Dangerfield. 

St.

Bos. Berry. Canaday. 

Practice squad:

duck. Sutton. Spillane. Mondeaux. Gray. Scotland. Edmunds. Tevin jones. Mathis. Allen. Elliot or ####z (if eligble)
Fred Johnson to the PS.  Carry only 8 OL.  Dobbs stays.  Or Edmunds as an extra RB.

Gray was cut. No surprises so far. 

I expect Dobbs to be traded or cut. Steelers rarely keep 3 qbs unless they have a vet backup and a developmental rookie. If they are satisfied that Rudolph could slide in for Ben, I think they just keep 2 and stash Hodges. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy but I think the market for regressing, inaccurate, QB's who panic in the pocket is zilch.
In a league where Josh McCown is so valuable that the a team will agree to let him fly back to help coach a high school team on Friday nights, I'm not sure anyone's market is zilch.

Gotcha. You guys really don't like Snell at all, huh? I haven't had the privilege of watching him...

Somebody in the cut thread mentioned Perine and Houston, though, so coming in here to be the third guy might not be as appealing as going to Houston and fighting for the first shot. 

Steelers cuts  -

from Steelersdepot -

"

Reported Cuts

TE Trevor Wood (Aaron Wilson)
S Marcelis Branch (Ian Rapoport)
DL Henry Mondeaux (Jacob Klinger)
DL Casey Sayles (Aaron Wilson)
OLB Jayrone Elliott (Instagram)
CB Jhavonte Dean (Jake Trotter)
WR Brandon Reilly (Instagram)
TE Kevin Rader (Josina Anderson)
OL Derwin Gray (Jeremy Fowler)
RB Malik Williams (Jeremy Fowler)
C Patrick Morris (Jacob Klinger)
WR Diontae Spencer (Farhan Lalji)
OLB Sutton Smith (Aaron Wilson)
OT Jerald Hawkins (Rick Stroud, traded)
LB/LS Christian ####z (Twitter report)
P Ian Berryman (Mark Kaboly)

The Steelers have announced the rest of their cuts.

QB Devlin Hodges
RB Trey Edmunds
RB Travon McMillian
WR Eli Rogers
WR Johnny Holton
WR Brandon Reilly
WR Trey Griffey
WR Tevin Jones
TE Micky Crum
TE Christian Scotland-Williamson
OL JC Hassenauer
OL Damian Prince
OL Garrett Brumfield
DL Winston Craig
DL Greg Gilmore
DL Conor Sheehy
LB Tegray Scales
LB Robert Spillane
CB Trevon Mathis
S Marcus Allen
S Dravon Askew-Henry
S PJ Locke
K Matthew Wright"

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/2019-steelers-cutdown-tracker-finalized/

Idiot Boxer said:
 The only surprise to me is that one of Rogers, Spenser or Holton didn’t make the team
Ola or more likely Layne could be put on IR freeing up a spot for Horton.

Steelers fans...who do you think ends up being the 2nd WR to own in this offenses?
I'm in the 13th round of a slow draft and Moncrief is still available. Washington was taken already. I'll be grabbing Moncrief with nothing to lose at this point. I think it's Moncrief now but who knows if/when Washington comes on.

I'm in the 13th round of a slow draft and Moncrief is still available. Washington was taken already. I'll be grabbing Moncrief with nothing to lose at this point. I think it's Moncrief now but who knows if/when Washington comes on.
I was that guy that took Washington before Moncrief even though I've always actually always liked Moncrief's game. 

I was that guy that took Washington before Moncrief even though I've always actually always liked Moncrief's game. 
I can see Moncrief remaining the 2 all season.  That doesn’t mean they won’t have similar numbers at year’s end.  I think Washington will have more big plays and be more inconsistent though.  

I can see Moncrief remaining the 2 all season.  That doesn’t mean they won’t have similar numbers at year’s end.  I think Washington will have more big plays and be more inconsistent though.  
Yeah, Moncrief always struck me as a really good receiver. He's still young, too, so it's not like he's washed. He's played with either Luck or in schemes that weren't designed for success at all. There's really been no middle ground. I think he's a soft tissue issue guy, though. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 2 all season, either. 

I'm not judging. Who knows who plays better. Washington was gone so I just grabbed Moncrief.
Oh yeah, I didn't think you were judging. There are and were valid reasons to pick Washington, it just now seems like he'll be part of three-wide sets rather than two, which means less snaps and targets generally. So a bit of a letdown.

The #Steelers have signed 10 players (including the exemption for CSW) to their practice squad:

RB Trey Edmunds

WR Tevin Jones

TE Kevin Rader

TE Christian Scotland-Williamson

OL Derwin Gray

OL Patrick Morris

DL Henry Mondeaux

LB Robert Spillane

CB Trevon Mathis

S Marcus Allen

So no Sutton Smith or Holton or Spencer (claimed by denver) on practice squad seems odd. 

Sounds like Sean Davis is banged up and may not play on Sunday. We should know more after today's practice. Kam Kelly would get the start I would think.

On a good note, Ola returned to practice on Monday

I fully expected Brady to attack Steven Nelson but now he has two guys to go after.   I think they are on different sides for the most part so I guess that is good?

as a Pats fan, wondering how the fans of the other team are feeling going into this game.

Better to get the Patriots early in the season? SB hangover perhaps?

We expecting a gunslinger shootout from Ben / Brady?

What's it gonna take to get the W?

That 3rd and 5th are looking pretty good about now. Must admit, I thought the Steeler's could have got more for AB. Hope he's being checked for CTE.

The team has been on tip toes around AB for 2 years trying to avoid this. It was a  problem. I thought it would take longer, but this was obviously coming. 

What record do you guys think we get this season? I'm thinking 11-5 as a half-optimistic line.

1. Pats - 0-1
  2. Seahawks - 1-1
  3. 49ers - 2-1
  4. Bengals - 3-1
  5. Ravens - 4-1
  6. Chargers - 4-2
  7. Dolphins - 5-2
  8. Colts - 6-2
  9. Rams - 6-3
  10. Browns - 6-4
  11. Bengals - 7-4
  12. Browns - 8-4
  13. Cards - 9-4
  14. Bills - 10-4
  15. Jets - 11-4
  16. Ravens - 11-5
I think we split with the Ravens and Browns, we lose to two of Pats/Chargers/Rams and lose to 1 bad team. I just chose us losing to all 3 solid teams because I couldn't pick a bad team for us to lose to. 
This team looks very strong. If the kicking game bounces back to being automatic, I like your assessment of 11+ leaning toward the +.  Kicking remains in the Ohio River, then mediocrity reigns supreme. 

Glad AB is no longer a Steeler, knock on wood if you're with me. 
for the last month or two almost all Steelers fans have said that.  Now that he is released, we better get on our hands and knees that the Patriots don't do what most of us think will happen.  Yes I know he can't play this week but thinking long term

Kevin Colbert is the unquestioned master at drafting volatile head cases at wr.  

santonio

plaxico

antonio

bryant

Down 20-0 with zero momentum in the game at all.  Opening drive to start 2nd half and the Steelers somehow actually gain some momentum. 4th and goal from the 1 against the Super Bowl champs and a great defense.  Tomlin elects to kick the FG.  There you have it folks.  But lets give him another shot because of winning percentage and all!

Users who are viewing this thread