What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ATT is the worst (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
My 94 year old WW11 vet father had overdrawn his account almost $300.

When I looked into it, the had more than doubled his basic cable subscription from $70 to $160. He was on autopay so it went unnoticed a few months. I am livid. 

Seriously, how the hell can they justify $160/mo for basic cable?

#ATTHatesVets

Posted several times in the various threads that these monopoly cable company pigs prey on the elderly that can't keep up with technology. That alone is reason enough to cut the cable. 

#cutthecablenow

Was he on a 12 month promo rate that expired or something?
Probably. He's 94 and Alzheimered and demented.  No telling what they talked him in to.

And $160 a month for basic cable? no internet or phone. the basic 300 package. Worth about $40

Posted several times in the various threads that these monopoly cable company pigs prey on the elderly that can't keep up with technology. That alone is reason enough to cut the cable. 

#cutthecablenow
yes. now I get the joy of trying to teach him the Roku paradigm. ugh

These are the same people that still charge folks $10 a month to rent a phone from them. Plenty of older folks are still doing this and have no idea.

Hi gb call them and let them know he is a vet and what happened, ATT is very military friendly. Don’t stop until you reach someone who refunds it all back. 
Thanks gbcg, I'll do that. I was laying it on pretty thick to the retention guy they passed me to. Told him if it wasn't for my dad he'd probably be speaking German right now. I just need to find the right audience, I suppose. I'll keep plugging.

When I looked into it, the had more than doubled his basic cable subscription from $70 to $160. He was on autopay so it went unnoticed a few months. I am livid. 

#ATTHatesVets
autopay is the grease that that allows the devil to live.

Thanks gbcg, I'll do that. I was laying it on pretty thick to the retention guy they passed me to. Told him if it wasn't for my dad he'd probably be speaking German right now. I just need to find the right audience, I suppose. I'll keep plugging.
Mention SRCA and tell them they can’t do it to vets

#ATTHatesVets
I feel like I may have to start reading more books.  I really focused a lot of energy on learning about the second World War and didn't even realize we had 9 more after that.

Maybe try not being a #### to the guy that has the ability to credit your dad's account? 

Users who are viewing this thread