What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Travis Etienne, JAX (1 Viewer)

dahabi

Footballguy
I know Swift is ranked ahead of him on all of the preliminary boards, but I think Etienne’s consistant body of work speaks for itself. How do people feel about him as a prospect? Not much of a pass catcher?

(He’s sitting at 12/205 - 3Td at the start of the 3rd quarter against GTech)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen Etienne ranked as the rb1 in this class at least once. Right now Taylor is my rb1, Swift rb2, Etienne rb3

I know Swift is ranked ahead of him on all of the preliminary boards
Not mine!

I'm not as dialed into CFB these days and won't really dive into the prospect analysis for this class until rookie draft time, but I am still in one devy league and I looked over dozens of players in preparation for that. I thought Etienne's film had more of a "wow" factor than Swift's or Taylor's. The comparison that comes to mind is Darren McFadden in the sense that both have explosive north-south burst without necessarily being great east-west runners. Etienne has an edge over DMC in that he is a lot stronger and bulkier in the lower body. It's early days and I reserve the right to change my mind, but I'd probably take him RB1 in a devy draft. I've also been pretty high on Cam Akers since his HS days. I have those two guys in the top tier, with Swift and Taylor rounding out the group.

He runs really fast in a straight line. 
His draft stock for me is depending on 3 things:
Can he show that he is a solid receiver this year? What does he weigh in as, does he have NFL size? What is his 40? Will that speed translate. 

Etienne was the guy that said something like “I get scared when I have to catch the ball” right?

All Taylor needed to do was show some type of receiving skills to be my RB1. In tonight's game he has caught 2 TD passes in the first half.

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne earned the honors of being named the Walter Camp Offensive Player of the Week for his electric performance against Georgia Tech.

With 205 yards and three scores on just 12 carries, Etienne strolled into Player of the Week honors. Etienne capped off many of his runs with breakaway speed, but it was his patience and management of the line of scrimmage that defined his stellar game. A running back earned the Walter Camp Player of the Week award just three times last season, so for Etienne to get the nod in Week 1 is quite the statement. Clemson will face a real test next week when Texas A&M comes to town.

SOURCE: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Sep 1, 2019, 1:01 PM ET

Pro Football Focus notes that Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne forced nine missed tackles on Thursday against Georgia Tech.

In case you somehow missed it, Etienne was ridiculous on Thursday; rushing for 205 yards and three touchdowns, and doing it on 12 carries. What's even more remarkable about this statline is that Etienne ran for negative yardage on his first two carries. On top of the missed tackles, the junior had five runs of 10-plus yards, six of his runs went for first downs or touchdowns. Yep. He's good.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Aug 30, 2019, 5:17 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne bolted for 205 yards and three scores on 12 carries in a 52-14 thrashing of Georgia Tech on Thursday.

Oh my. Get the Heisman talk ready, folks. On a night where Trevor Lawrence was surprisingly shaky, Etienne had absolutely no issues finding holes against the Georgia Tech defense. The most impressive of these was a 90-yard scamper where Etienne showed his balance, quickness and breakaway speed. The junior tailback also added scores from He also scored from 14 yards in the second, and added a 48-yard run to the house in the second half. Etienne scored 24 touchdowns last year, and he's well on his way to a similar score. Arguably the toughest test of the year --until the playoffs, anyway -- comes for Clemson next week against Texas A&M.

Aug 29, 2019, 11:27 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne picked up 112 yards after contact and eight missed tackles in his 205-yard performance against Georgia Tech, according to Pro Football Focus.

There aren't any superlatives left to describe Etienne at this point. That Etienne could force eight missed tackles and over 100 yards after contact on just 13 carries is not only a testament to his balance and power, but also to how quickly he can re-accelerate once he makes someone miss. His case as the best back in the country only continues to grow stronger. Texas A&M will be in for a long day trying to contain Etienne when Clemson host the Aggies this week.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Sep 2, 2019, 5:11 PM ET

I’m casting my lot with this guy as #1 overall Dynasty. Over Taylor, Moss, Hubbard, Pinkney, Moore, Ross, or Jeudy who are all good/great/elite in their own right. I guess for me personally having what could be the top 3 maybe even top 5, SEVEN total in 2020 I’m super giddy about this class. 

Even Pinkney brings a little something to the table.

Tex

I have Ettiene as my number 4 after Jeudy, Taylor, Swift.   He is right there with Shenault for me. 

I don't love that he's both smaller and less adept in the passing game than Swift.  Ettiene looks like a stud, I just think the other 3 are more likely to be studs long term. 

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne rushed 11 times for 61 yards and a score in Saturday's 52-10 win against Charlotte.

Etienne (6'0/210) and the starters saw plenty of rest in this blowout victory which the Tigers paid $1 million to enjoy. Lyn-J Dixon went for 58 yards and a touchdown, Michel Dukes posted 46 yards and a touchdown and Chez Mellusi also had six totes for 30 yards, as the Tigers buried the 49ers with 235 rushing yards, 6.0 yards per carry and three touchdowns. Look for Etienne to see a much bigger workload next week at North Carolina, as conference play resumes.

Sep 22, 2019, 1:24 AM ET

Pro Football Focus currently has Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne as their highest-graded draft-eligible RB of the 2020 class.

In a class loaded with elite RB talent, Etienne (6'0/210) is PFF's favorite of the bunch. Other guys such as Georgia's D'Andre Swift and Wisconsin's Jonathan Taylor will be in the first-round mix as well, but Etienne's big-play potential is nearly unrivaled among his peers. Though he has carried the ball just 67 times this season, Etienne already has 12 yards of 10 or more yards and is averaging 6.9 yards per carry. Clemson's talented backfield allows Etienne to not have to carry the entire workload, but he is a scary threat to defenses any time he touches the ball.

SOURCE: Mike Renner on Twitter

Oct 3, 2019, 1:11 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne rushed for 127 yards on 17 carries in Saturday's 45-14 win over Florida State.

Etienne (6'0/210) had not topped 80 yards rushing since the opener against Georgia Tech (when he rolled for 205 yards). The star junior finally, finally recracked the century mark on Saturday, averaging a sharp 7.5 YPC with a long run of 27 yards. Clemson's offense as a whole has been somewhat inconsistent this season, but the team remains loaded across the offensive board. Etienne will try to build on this strong effort when the Tigers tango with Louisville next weekend.

Oct 12, 2019, 7:33 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne rushed for 192 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries in Saturday's 45-10 win over Louisville.

Etienne (6'0/210) helped to make up for a relatively forgettable game by Trevor Lawrence (who was picked twice) in scampering his way to his best yardage total since the team's opener. His highlight reel run came on a 49-yard sprint to glory near the end of the third quarter. For the campaign, the junior stalwart and future NFL-er has now rushed for 781 yards and six touchdowns in seven games. He'll look to put a hurtin' on Boston College next weekend.

Oct 19, 2019, 3:40 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne carries the ball 16 times 109 yards and three touchdowns while catching three passes for 33 yards in Saturday's 59-7 win over Boston College.

Etienne continues his recent run of dominance after a midseason lull. This is Etienne's third consecutive game with at least 100 rushing yards and his second straight game of at least 30 receiving yards. The 6-foot, 210-pound junior proved once again that he can be versatile, reliable, and explosive all at once. Etienne has fallen behind in the race for RB accolades this year, but he is still well on his way to being a high draft pick.

Oct 26, 2019, 10:56 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne carried the ball nine times for 212 yards and two touchdowns in a 59-14 shellacking of Wofford on Saturday.

We can't help but wonder what Etienne could have done if they gave him a chance to play more than the two quarters and a series that he did on Saturday. We also can't blame the Tigers for shutting him down against a completely overmatched opponent, and overmatched is an understatement. Etienne (6'0/210) is one of the best tailbacks in the country, and it's not fair to see him go against FCS opponents. An ACC team in NC State is his next opponent on November 9, but we don't think Etienne will have any issues in that one, either.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:12 PM ET

• Smile
Reactions: mcd
Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne carried the ball 14 times for 112 yards and two touchdowns while catching three passes for 31 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 55-10 win over North Carolina State.

The Etienne Show is still running strong. Like every other team in Clemson's way, North Carolina State fell victim to Etienne's blazing speed and slippery moves. On Etienne's 19-yard scoring run, for example, Etienne (6'0/210) just gashed down the middle between multiple defenders, flashing by them with such speed that they had no chance of getting a good grip on him. Expect another big game from Etienne against Wake Forest next week.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:24 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne rushed for 121 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries in Saturday's 52-3 win over Wake Forest.

Etienne (6'0/210) showed off impressive strength at the end of his 14-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, lowering the shoulder to drive through a would-be tackler at the goal line on his way to his 14th rushing touchdown this season. In addition, the future NFL-er has now rushed for 1,335 yards in 11 games. He'll be resting up on bye next weekend.

Nov 16, 2019, 6:49 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne carried the ball 15 times for 51 yards with two touchdowns in a 38-3 crushing of South Carolina on Saturday.

It wasn't a huge game in terms of yardage, but even on a day where Etienne wasn't able to make his usual splash plays, he was able to find the end zone twice. Those scores give the 6-foot, 210-pound junior 16 touchdowns on the year on the ground, and 18 overall. It'd be a surprise if he didn't find the end zone next Saturday in the ACC Championship against Virginia.

Nov 30, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne carried the ball 14 times for 114 yards with a touchdown in a 62-17 crushing of Virginia on Saturday in the ACC Championship Game.

Etienne (6'0/210) also added a reception for nine yards, but he dropped a perfectly-thrown pass from Trevor Lawrence that likely would have gone for six points. He was able to find the end zone on the ground from 20 yards out, however, and as usual, he had several quality runs before this game became out of reach. Etienne and the Tigers will face off against either LSU or Ohio State in a playoff game on December 28.

Dec 7, 2019, 11:02 PM ET

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a running back consistently touch the ball only 15 times a game and still rush for over 100 yards like Eitenne. He’s incredible to watch.

Tex

Now I need to figure out how to trade into the top 5. Yes I know I should have done so last summer. I tried in 1 league, but the pick ended up being 10 due to some other moves they made after my trade. 

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne carried the ball 10 times for 36 yards with a touchdown and caught three passes for 98 yards with two scores in a 29-23 win over Ohio State on Saturday in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl.

Etienne couldn't find much running room on his rushing attempts, although he was able to find the end zone in the second quarter to put the Tigers on the board. He made two massive plays as a receiver, however, including the game-winning touchdown from 34-yards away with just 1:49 left. The 6-foot, 210-pound tailback will now get a chance to win another national title when he and Clemson take on LSU.

Dec 29, 2019, 12:06 AM ET

Clemson junior RB Travis Etienne earned 15 carries for 78 yards and a touchdown while catching five passes for 36 yards in Monday's 42-25 loss to LSU in the CFP National Championship presented by AT&T.

On a per-carry basis, Etienne (5'10/210) actually played quite well. He earned over five yards per carry and held a solid 7.2 yards per reception in the pass game. Unfortunately, Etienne didn't get enough carries to break off the explosive plays he typically does and LSU's defense did a good job of locking him down, especially early. Etienne has not yet declared for the NFL Draft, but considering he may be a first-round pick, he is expected to do so.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:50 AM ET

Clemson senior RB Travis Etienne will return to school for the 2020 season.

Etienne (5'10/210) would have been in the mix for a Round 1 selection in April had he declared, but instead, the Clemson standout will give it one more go with the Tigers in 2020. Probably needless to say, this is a major coup for HC Dabo Swinney and staff. Etienne has topped 1,600 yards rushing each of the past two seasons and now rejoins a loaded outfit which figures to open the fall campaign at No. 1 in the polls.

SOURCE: Travis Etienne on Twitter

Jan 17, 2020, 3:09 PM ET

Clemson senior RB Travis Etienne will return to school for the 2020 season.

Etienne (5'10/210) would have been in the mix for a Round 1 selection in April had he declared, but instead, the Clemson standout will give it one more go with the Tigers in 2020. Probably needless to say, this is a major coup for HC Dabo Swinney and staff. Etienne has topped 1,600 yards rushing each of the past two seasons and now rejoins a loaded outfit which figures to open the fall campaign at No. 1 in the polls.

SOURCE: Travis Etienne on Twitter

Jan 17, 2020, 3:09 PM ET
Wow.  I hope he stays healthy!!

Users who are viewing this thread