Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Liking Titans Humphries at 4k

Titans top rated D deep to Byard's side, 30th to Vaccaro's last year. Logan Ryan has done well against top WRs. Odell's first game with Baker....went with Landry not Odell

Playing Murray Fitz in a few. I have to play the air raid in DFS

Greg Olsen seems too cheap

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up squeaking the cash line for one LU, but looks like $15 in, 4.50 out to start the year.  

I will post my cash lus later to see if there was something I did poorly with construction, or just chalk it up to not having McCaffrey and a couple higher owned guys.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love feedback on this.  Like I posted, I tried the suggestion of going with 3 slightly different cash lines with a similar core and also put them in a 3x and 5x contest.  

1.  Wentz - Cook/Fournette/Carson - Thielen/Lockett/Boyd - Engram - Chargers   167.12pts

I am pretty sure this was the one I landed on from the FBGs optimizer b/c I remember debating switching off Engram.   This was the cash line for both 2xs I was in, so I just made it.  

 

2.  Mahomes - Chubb/Cook/Carson - C.Samuel/Marvin J/Godwin - Kelce - Mia      135.22pts

 

3.  Wentz - Chubb/Fournette/K.Johnson - Thielen/Godwin/Westbrook - Ertz - Mia      109.32pts

embarrassed to put this one up, as it as basically last place in the contests that I was in, which is hard to see.  Despite being in a ton of LUs spit out by the optimizer K.Johnson wasn't too popular, so I am sure this LU was brought down by having none of Cook/McCaffrey/Ekeler/Carson.

 

 

For others who do multiple cash LUs - is this similar to what you do?  Basically I had my core 5RBs, 2 QBs, wanted a decent TE and liked Godwin and Thielen the most of the WRs and went from there.    Or do people do more of a completely different build (forcing myself into a high/low RB combo probably would have landed myself of McCaffrey+Ekeler, I just thought the 5 in that price range were such a good value).  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Would love feedback on this.  Like I posted, I tried the suggestion of going with 3 slightly different cash lines with a similar core and also put them in a 3x and 5x contest.  

1.  Wentz - Cook/Fournette/Carson - Thielen/Lockett/Boyd - Engram - Chargers   167.12pts

I am pretty sure this was the one I landed on from the FBGs optimizer b/c I remember debating switching off Engram.   This was the cash line for both 2xs I was in, so I just made it.  

 

2.  Mahomes - Chubb/Cook/Carson - C.Samuel/Marvin J/Godwin - Kelce - Mia      135.22pts

 

3.  Wentz - Chubb/Fournette/K.Johnson - Thielen/Godwin/Westbrook - Ertz - Mia      109.32pts

embarrassed to put this one up, as it as basically last place in the contests that I was in, which is hard to see.  Despite being in a ton of LUs spit out by the optimizer K.Johnson wasn't too popular, so I am sure this LU was brought down by having none of Cook/McCaffrey/Ekeler/Carson.

 

 

For others who do multiple cash LUs - is this similar to what you do?  Basically I had my core 5RBs, 2 QBs, wanted a decent TE and liked Godwin and Thielen the most of the WRs and went from there.    Or do people do more of a completely different build (forcing myself into a high/low RB combo probably would have landed myself of McCaffrey+Ekeler, I just thought the 5 in that price range were such a good value).  

 

Looks very similar to the gpp lineups the optimizer spit out for me except yours are missing Evans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Looks very similar to the gpp lineups the optimizer spit out for me except yours are missing Evans.

You saying my cash lus were too gpp-looking or the optimizer's gpps were too cash-ish? 

When I set it to gpp settings, I was getting ones that definitely looked more gpp- guys like Brieda, SF def, wash wrs, etc instead of the normal plays.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

You saying my cash lus were too gpp-looking or the optimizer's gpps were too cash-ish? 

When I set it to gpp settings, I was getting ones that definitely looked more gpp- guys like Brieda, SF def, wash wrs, etc instead of the normal plays.  

 

do you edit the lineups based on how you feel/what you know about the players?

i.e...It had Brieda in a few of my lineups, but I deleted him because nobody knew how SF offense would look.

Ive noticed that my cash lineups are good GPP plays because I always seem to play one guy that is low owned. 

For example I played D Jax, and he was owned less than 10% everywhere...which shocked me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

You saying my cash lus were too gpp-looking or the optimizer's gpps were too cash-ish? 

When I set it to gpp settings, I was getting ones that definitely looked more gpp- guys like Brieda, SF def, wash wrs, etc instead of the normal plays.  

 

gpp's looked too much like cash.  Basically looked like your lineup with a Wash WR and a QB/WR1 stack.  No QB/WR2 stack.  No lesser owned studs.  Not much mix on the D.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap day on DK yesterday.  lots in.  almost completely shut out.  

As someone said earlier, too much tampa in the lineups.  I had a lot of the right plays, but didn't put em together.  

Its worth noting (at least to me) that I made some of it back playing on fantasy draft.  With the contests only being about 80% filled, I could have done better, but I will take the $9 in and $14 out. 

I did all the DK lineups early in the week.  I did the fantasy draft Sunday morning, just before game time.  I am not sure if that had something to do with my logic.  

How do you all work that?  Make lineups early, or wait until you have as much info as possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Crap day on DK yesterday.  lots in.  almost completely shut out.  

As someone said earlier, too much tampa in the lineups.  I had a lot of the right plays, but didn't put em together.  

Its worth noting (at least to me) that I made some of it back playing on fantasy draft.  With the contests only being about 80% filled, I could have done better, but I will take the $9 in and $14 out. 

I did all the DK lineups early in the week.  I did the fantasy draft Sunday morning, just before game time.  I am not sure if that had something to do with my logic.  

How do you all work that?  Make lineups early, or wait until you have as much info as possible?

It was mixed bag for me as well. I played 20 lineups on DK and 5 cashed. My best lineup scored 216 in the milly maker with a Dak stack. But still 64 points away from first. So many high scores. 

Then a few lineups in the 175-190 range with Dak, Wentz, Rivers, or Mahommes stacks. 

Then some really low scoring lineups with Cousins and Winston. I hate to say it, but the worst lineups were the ones generated from the new DFS tool on this site. The FBG rankings were super bullish on Cousins, Diggs, Thielen stacks with Chubb, Fournette, and Miami D. Not great, but week 2 awaits :)

What I will say is that I only play GPP and I almost always play stacks with QB/WR/WR and one WR/RB/TE from the opposite team. So for example Dak, Cooper, Gallup and Engram. Or Wentz, DJ, Ertz and McLaurin. When it works, it works really well. When it doesn't, you may score under 100. But go big or go home. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Would love feedback on this.  Like I posted, I tried the suggestion of going with 3 slightly different cash lines with a similar core and also put them in a 3x and 5x contest.  

1.  Wentz - Cook/Fournette/Carson - Thielen/Lockett/Boyd - Engram - Chargers   167.12pts

I am pretty sure this was the one I landed on from the FBGs optimizer b/c I remember debating switching off Engram.   This was the cash line for both 2xs I was in, so I just made it.  

 

2.  Mahomes - Chubb/Cook/Carson - C.Samuel/Marvin J/Godwin - Kelce - Mia      135.22pts

 

3.  Wentz - Chubb/Fournette/K.Johnson - Thielen/Godwin/Westbrook - Ertz - Mia      109.32pts

embarrassed to put this one up, as it as basically last place in the contests that I was in, which is hard to see.  Despite being in a ton of LUs spit out by the optimizer K.Johnson wasn't too popular, so I am sure this LU was brought down by having none of Cook/McCaffrey/Ekeler/Carson.

 

 

For others who do multiple cash LUs - is this similar to what you do?  Basically I had my core 5RBs, 2 QBs, wanted a decent TE and liked Godwin and Thielen the most of the WRs and went from there.    Or do people do more of a completely different build (forcing myself into a high/low RB combo probably would have landed myself of McCaffrey+Ekeler, I just thought the 5 in that price range were such a good value).  

 

I don’t think your process was bad. Sometimes you just landed on some wrong players. The one exception is some guys like Jones, KJohnson, Samuel can be simultaneously good GPP plays and bad cash plays. Almost any projection system is based on averages which bakes in upside. The reason you will see those guys low owned in cash is they have a low floor. In the most extreme example, we can say Desean Jackson projects for 10 pts next week, but what we really mean is there is an 80% chance he scores 2 and a 20% chance he scores 42. So most weeks he hurts you in cash. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Crap day on DK yesterday.  lots in.  almost completely shut out.  

As someone said earlier, too much tampa in the lineups.  I had a lot of the right plays, but didn't put em together.  

Its worth noting (at least to me) that I made some of it back playing on fantasy draft.  With the contests only being about 80% filled, I could have done better, but I will take the $9 in and $14 out. 

I did all the DK lineups early in the week.  I did the fantasy draft Sunday morning, just before game time.  I am not sure if that had something to do with my logic.  

How do you all work that?  Make lineups early, or wait until you have as much info as possible?

I usually make 1 cash and 1 gpp lineup on Tuesday and enter both in a $.25 gpp. When I enter them in other contests I'll change them up multiple times before kickoff based on new info and research but leave original lineups intact in the cheap gpp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

gpp's looked too much like cash.  Basically looked like your lineup with a Wash WR and a QB/WR1 stack.  No QB/WR2 stack.  No lesser owned studs.  Not much mix on the D.

I assume you are saying that it wasn't spitting them out normally for you?  

What I did for the gpps was lock in a stack or team I liked, upped the randomness factor and went from there.  Then I would sort them by ceiling and uniqueness and pick out a couple I liked.  :shrug:

Even though I did set the randomness to 20%, I did still feel like it was spitting out similar players, but maybe that's because the stacks/teams I was starting with was on the lower owned side - Det, Buff, etc.. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpruceGoose said:

do you edit the lineups based on how you feel/what you know about the players?

i.e...It had Brieda in a few of my lineups, but I deleted him because nobody knew how SF offense would look.

Ive noticed that my cash lineups are good GPP plays because I always seem to play one guy that is low owned. 

For example I played D Jax, and he was owned less than 10% everywhere...which shocked me.

For sure.  I was getting a ton of Winston LUs, but I don't like that guy so I x'd him out or pivoted off of him with somebody else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cheese said:

I don’t think your process was bad. Sometimes you just landed on some wrong players. The one exception is some guys like Jones, KJohnson, Samuel can be simultaneously good GPP plays and bad cash plays. Almost any projection system is based on averages which bakes in upside. The reason you will see those guys low owned in cash is they have a low floor. In the most extreme example, we can say Desean Jackson projects for 10 pts next week, but what we really mean is there is an 80% chance he scores 2 and a 20% chance he scores 42. So most weeks he hurts you in cash. 

The Detroit guys kept popping up in the optimizer.   Honestly weren't on my radar until that starting happening and a couple pods talked about him on Friday.  I will post the list when week 2 thread starts up, but I wrote down all the top target and target % of team stats from week 1.  I figured that would be the best way to narrow down some WRs to look at this coming week.  

I will be honest though - I do have trouble sometimes with the "fringe" guys on if it's a good cash play or not.  K. Johnson would be one.  Don't follow football like I used to, so I figured the touts knew something I didn't.   I will also admit to having a mental block with cash games and feel like I "have" to play certain guys too.  I get the theory behind it, but then I look at the top of the leaderboards and shake my head at some of the players that are in there.  A top 5 LU had Amendola and Gallup in it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

The Detroit guys kept popping up in the optimizer.   Honestly weren't on my radar until that starting happening and a couple pods talked about him on Friday.  I will post the list when week 2 thread starts up, but I wrote down all the top target and target % of team stats from week 1.  I figured that would be the best way to narrow down some WRs to look at this coming week.  

I will be honest though - I do have trouble sometimes with the "fringe" guys on if it's a good cash play or not.  K. Johnson would be one.  Don't follow football like I used to, so I figured the touts knew something I didn't.   I will also admit to having a mental block with cash games and feel like I "have" to play certain guys too.  I get the theory behind it, but then I look at the top of the leaderboards and shake my head at some of the players that are in there.  A top 5 LU had Amendola and Gallup in it.  

I think you’re on the right path. Just remember in cash the top 5 lineups are probably horribly suboptimal cash lineups that got lucky. Playing Gallup in cash is a good way to finish first or (more often) lose.

To find the guys I “missed” I usually sort through and find highly owned cash guys I don’t have.  Whether they hit or missed, if tons of people are on them and they weren’t even on my radar I missed something. Occasionally, there is a guy I know in advance will be super high owned in cash that I pass on intentionally just because I don’t think they’re as safe as everyone else does. Most often for me, it ends up being RBs that are big favorites. This is my bias towards essentially projecting every single player for 0 touchdowns with regards to cash. Case and point, week2 Sony Michel and week 1 Mark Ingram. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheese said:

I think you’re on the right path. Just remember in cash the top 5 lineups are probably horribly suboptimal cash lineups that got lucky. Playing Gallup in cash is a good way to finish first or (more often) lose.

To find the guys I “missed” I usually sort through and find highly owned cash guys I don’t have.  Whether they hit or missed, if tons of people are on them and they weren’t even on my radar I missed something. Occasionally, there is a guy I know in advance will be super high owned in cash that I pass on intentionally just because I don’t think they’re as safe as everyone else does. Most often for me, it ends up being RBs that are big favorites. This is my bias towards essentially projecting every single player for 0 touchdowns with regards to cash. Case and point, week2 Sony Michel and week 1 Mark Ingram. 

i get that, but I still get frustrated seeing that.  I realize over the long haul that's probably not the way to go about winning cash, but I see it every week and those 221pt LUs are still effecting the cash line.  

Thanks for the feedback - the 2nd part is basically what I do, and also in reverse - I look at the guys in my LU who were low owned and decide if they were bad plays.   This week it was the Det guys, Mahomes, and Miami D that were low owned.  3 of the 4 were bad, and McCaffrey/Ekeler were the higher owned guys that I didn't have.   I think after thinking about it and their OL, Chubb was probably not a good play either.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

KarmaPolice,  thanks for your posting in these forums.

 

I suffered a similar disappointing fate in Week 1.  $21 in in 9 "Beginner" contests, zero out.  Oof!

After three years at Fanduel, I switched to DK this season, chasing the FBG membership bonus.  I was skeptical of DK, but I have to admit that I find it much more intuitive to use than FD, at least when it comes to managing multiple lineups and getting them entered in the correct contests.  This is something I have struggled with for years.  DK's clear separation of Lineups from Contests just makes sense to me, and the ability to reserve a spot in contests and then go back and import a lineup is great.  Sure, I used to do this with dummy lineups all the time at Fanduel, but it's just more elegant now.

Last week, I took a fresh approach to Sunday mornings, and actually implemented the process I hear so much about on the podcast circuit:

  1. Build a player pool
  2. Use a lineup builder to generate cash and gpp lineups around a core of players
  3. Import those lineups into DK contests that I had claimed spots in earlier.

This is all to say, I had never felt more in control and confident this morning.  I decided to put $20 this week into exclusively "Beginner" rated contests while I still qualified:

My GPP lineup was built around a Bills stack  Josh Allen / Beasley / John Brown 

$1 single-entry gpp
$3 single-entry gpp

My cash lineups were built around   Wentz - Cook / Fournette / Chubb - ??? - Kelce - D 

$5 triple-up
$1 triple-up
$3 double-up
3 $1 double-ups
$5 5-player

Maybe the contest selection was bad, or overly aggressive.  I usually stick to $1 or $2 contests, but my thinking was not to waste my beginner status on my usual slew of $1 cash games.  I really made hay three years ago as a Fanduel Beginner, and it's been a grind ever since.

In hindsight maybe a triple-up calls for a GPP approach, not a Cash lineup, especially when I was reaching above my normal bankroll to the $5 entry.

Taking a total zero in week one was a gut punch, but I will have better weeks ahead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...