What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shady to KC (1 Viewer)

This is a pretty optimal spot to land for Shady owners. 

As much as you want to like D Will it’s not like he has a stranglehold on the position.

Wow! Seriously! 

With Stills going to Houston and McCoy to KC my bench value just went south.

bench: Fuller, Coutee, Metcalf, Murray, D.Thompson, J.Hill

8D chess by the Chiefs. Get an OL for Hyde, who seemed to be on the outs anyway. Then sign a better player, McCoy, off waivers.

KC essentially got paid a free OL to improve their RB position.

I know Shady might not have been a scheme fit in Houston and was probably too similar to Duke, but you have to be amused.

I feel like my season is already over as a Williams owner. 
I realize no one cares about my team, point to the shirt, etc., but here's a nice example of the irony in fantasy football and how up and down it can be:

I saw the news this morning that McCoy was let go. I dropped Henderson and picked up Singletary and felt pretty good about it for most of the day.

Then McCoy gets signed by KC. I had D. Williams and D. Thompson. The circumstances that made me so happy in the morning are the very same that I was cursing later in the day.

Ah, this game we play...

8D chess by the Chiefs. Get an OL for Hyde, who seemed to be on the outs anyway. Then sign a better player, McCoy, off waivers.

KC essentially got paid a free OL to improve their RB position.

I know Shady might not have been a scheme fit in Houston and was probably too similar to Duke, but you have to be amused.
Yep, and they got a guy who has already has success with Reid, and has always done his best work in space, which Kansas City's offense provides more of to its RB's than any other team in the league. 

Great fit, great move. Sucks for the people who took Darwin Thompson at 1.4. Or who spent 2nd round redraft picks on Williams, but that is what happens when you pay for situation.

ETA: Fully expect this to be a hot hand backfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible move by KC. They don’t have a lot of cap room and that D looks terrible.  Down to what for cap space with guarantee 3 million. 

Lets sign a 31 yr old RB instead to annO that already rocked and I guess hope he helps yout outscore teams. This is not a winning Super Bowl formula. 

I think this probably hurts all KC RB and not enough touches. From NFL perspective. Not good. For fantasy probably not good for Williams, McCoy or Thompson. 

Terrible move by KC. They don’t have a lot of cap room and that D looks terrible.  Down to what for cap space with guarantee 3 million. 

Lets sign a 31 yr old RB instead to annO that already rocked and I guess hope he helps yout outscore teams. This is not a winning Super Bowl formula. 

I think this probably hurts all KC RB and not enough touches. From NFL perspective. Not good. For fantasy probably not good for Williams, McCoy or Thompson. 
Cap room? It's less than a week before the season starts. They weren't signing difference makers on D at this point. Could help their offense a lot though.

I've completely avoided the kc backfield because I thought they were all terrible so this is super funny when it happens to someone else.

Yep, and they got a guy who has already has success with Reid, and has always done his best work in space, which Kansas City's offense provides more of to its RB's than any other team in the league. 

Great fit, great move. Sucks for the people who took Darwin Thompson at 1.4. Or who spent 2nd round redraft picks on Williams, but that is what happens when you pay for situation.

ETA: Fully expect this to be a hot hand backfield.
He was going much closer to 4.1 in my drafts. Someone bought the hype

Makes the RB waters in KC a bit murky, but what a great deal for KC when adding in the Hyde trade.  One of very few places for McCoy to go and be happy about fewer snaps too.  

Yeesh this backfield is a mess, FF speaking. Stay away until value develops in the 8-10th round (if at all).

As a Darwin truther I am now a McCoy truther.   The reason we were excited about Darwin is because Damien is a jag with a dinged hammy and Darwin looked like he could be gold if he got that job after Damien disappointed or reaggravates hammy.  Now shady is in that position and we know damn well he will be gold if he takes the job for the same reason. I’m bidding 60% fab in the league he was dropped after being released.  

Users who are viewing this thread