Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Jonathan Taylor, Colts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to all the dynasty believers who didn’t panic sell, we’re now holding an offseason gold mine. Ends the regular season with 240+ yards and two TDs in week 17, hell of a game.

My God he’s 4 games into his career. What is wrong with you people.

I'll never get this criticism. That's like not taking Saquon Barkley because of DJ Dozier or Curtis Enis.

Well crap I'll eat my crow here. I did get the 1.03 back in return and some QB depth that I needed inseason. I'd rather have Taylor, though. But, I need another stud WR more than I need another stud RB and I'll likely come out ahead from a roster POV, even though I'm acknowledging I sold early. If I wasn't already stacked at RB I wouldn't have even considered it. 

I'm also publicly changing my call from the "Would you rather" post that @socrates had on Robinson vs Taylor. I *do* think Robinson is special and that it is close to a coinflip, but no I would go Taylor here. Even though I said otherwise before. Also said that I like a Trevor Lawrence JAX offense better than a post-Rivers IND offense, and I probably stand by that but I can't deny Taylor looks awesome. If there was a corner turned, he turned it.

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Well crap I'll eat my crow here. I did get the 1.03 back in return and some QB depth that I needed inseason. I'd rather have Taylor, though. But, I need another stud WR more than I need another stud RB and I'll likely come out ahead from a roster POV, even though I'm acknowledging I sold early. If I wasn't already stacked at RB I wouldn't have even considered it. 

I'm also publicly changing my call from the "Would you rather" post that @socrates had on Robinson vs Taylor. I *do* think Robinson is special and that it is close to a coinflip, but no I would go Taylor here. Even though I said otherwise before. Also said that I like a Trevor Lawrence JAX offense better than a post-Rivers IND offense, and I probably stand by that but I can't deny Taylor looks awesome. If there was a corner turned, he turned it.

We have certainly all eaten crow many times lol.  I actually included that specific comparison (Robinson vs. Taylor) in part because back in November, I traded away Robinson to acquire Taylor in my dynasty league.  I had about an equal number of those supporting the move as opposing it.  In fairness, for those who play in redraft leagues, player values are different; trends are more significant.  I would suppose some of those who were offering their opinions at the time were being influenced by redraft valuation.  Even now, while I would undoubtedly favor Taylor, the gap is not really so wide.  Robinson has significant value of his own.  As you say, a Trevor Lawrence-led offense has some nice potential, and it is uncertain who will be leading the Indy offense.

Part of the goal with the "Would you Rather" polls is to look back next season, and even beyond, and re-evaluate.  The point of the exercise isn't to point out anyone's failed predictions or take a victory lap for any correct predictions, but I am always looking for trends we can learn from.  Sometimes, the things which we feel quite certain about one season (or even one week), become much less certain in short order, and, as a dynasty manager, I am always seeking to gain any advantage.

• Thanks 1

Fantasy Football Week 17 Recap: Derrick Henry tops 2,000 rushing yards and Jonathan Taylor cements himself as a 2021 first-rounder

Excerpt:

Jonathan Taylor ARE U KIDDING ME!? The rookie running back rushed for over 250 yards on 30 carries in the team’s must-win game. He played an 81% snap share, which was by far his highest on the season. 

The Colts unleashed their most talented player when they needed him the most, and that usage should continue into the playoffs in a plus-matchup versus the Bills. 

As for 2021 fantasy drafts, it will be hard to not view Taylor as a locked-and-loaded top-five pick. 

On 1/4/2021 at 12:40 PM, tangfoot said:

Let's not sprain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back here.  Remeber that this is a Jacksonville team that regularly gives up 480 yards and 6 touchdowns to Travis Henry every year.

I didn't know the horn dog was still playing.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Jonathan Taylor was "limited" in Tuesday's practice with a shoulder issue.

It's a new issue for Taylor, but there is no indication it is a serious one. Taylor does have one less day to prepare for the Wild Card Round with the Colts playing Saturday at 1:05 PM ET. He will be facing a Bills defense that coughed 4.6 yards per run during the regular season, surrendering the 12th most running back fantasy points. 

Jan 5, 2021, 4:18 PM ET

Jonathan Taylor had 21 rushes for 78 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Wild Card Weekend loss to the Bills, adding two catches for six yards. 

Taylor uncharacteristically dropped two passes against Buffalo, but once again dominated the backfield workload. The rookie emerged as the unquestioned workhorse back after the team's bye week, finishing his season with 1,169 yards and 11 touchdowns. He capped his hot end-of-season run by decimating the Jaguars in Week 17 with 253 rushing yards and two scores on the ground. Taylor should be the centerpiece of the Colts' offense in 2021 and will likely be drafted in the late first and early second round of fantasy drafts. 

Jan 9, 2021, 6:16 PM ET