What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (1 Viewer)

I’m smashing in redraft at that 4th round ADP. Maybe he’s only flexy out the gate and you take a bit of a short term hit but Mack isn’t holding him off for long and when he’s seeing the bulk of the work he can win ships.
Overall adp is #33 (RB 16) atm, so to get him will probably cost you a third round pick.

I thought he couldn’t catch?

ruh-roh
To be clear: no one said he couldn’t catch — they simply said there was little evidence to judge since he wasn’t used that way in that offense.

What they did say was he had issues with pass protection and fumble-itus. 
He did drop a lot of passes at Wisconsin, with 8 drops and 42 receptions (16% drop rate). That breaks down into a 20% drop rate through 2018 (4/20) and a 13% drop rate in 2019 (4/30).

I’m seeing him at 40 (rb23) on FF calc. Ppr.
Yeah I've done a few FPC drafts and he is going between early 3rd and late 4th. I've seen him come back all the way to 4.12 once for the 1.01 owner. Amazing. But mostly he has made it to the early 4th.

Yeah I've done a few FPC drafts and he is going between early 3rd and late 4th. I've seen him come back all the way to 4.12 once for the 1.01 owner. Amazing. But mostly he has made it to the early 4th.
My only redraft scheduled so far I’m early 4. Easy target there.

The Athletic’s Zak Keefer wouldn’t be “surprised” if the Colts start Jonathan Taylor after a few breakout games.

Marlon Mack is the expected Week 1 starter, but the Colts know they have a three-down back in Taylor. Even if Taylor opens in the lesser half of the committee, he’s a better red-zone fit than Mack, potentially giving him a higher floor. Mack missed six games to injuries the last two seasons and is playing on an expiring deal. His leash is going to be short.

RELATED: 

Marlon Mack

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 16, 2020, 11:07 AM ET

I'm not concerned about him being able to make plays in the passing game at all.  Taylor is a stud and he's going to make plays whenever he gets the ball. 

I am concerned that he won't be on the field on 3rd downs and in the two minute drill for that full bellcow workload.  

Been away for a while. Nice to see the hype train firing up a bit. Taylor will be fun to watch, he is an exciting rb

Kevin Bowen @KBowen1070

Several big runs from Jonathan Taylor today.

Had the offense hooting and hollering after a couple DBs bounced right off Taylor and to the ground.
https://twitter.com/kbowen1070/status/1295743432430891012?s=21

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAErickson

Watching Jonathan Taylor pick his way through the hole is fun
https://twitter.com/joelaerickson/status/1295749249498578946?s=21

Joel A. Erickson @JoelAErickson

Frank Reich talking about Jonathan Taylor's vision: It's very evident for us watching him; he's moving vertically through the hole and then suddenly slide steps into space.
https://twitter.com/joelaerickson/status/1295752836345724928?s=21

I'm not concerned about him being able to make plays in the passing game at all.  Taylor is a stud and he's going to make plays whenever he gets the ball. 

I am concerned that he won't be on the field on 3rd downs and in the two minute drill for that full bellcow workload.  
I have some concern about GL work as well. Taylor had 18 fumbles at Wisconsin, Mack hasn't fumbled in the last 2 years. I could see Mack being the more trusted option at the GL.

I could see this being somewhat similar to the situation Devin Singletary was in a year ago. Or Fred Taylor in the mid-2000's.

I have some concern about GL work as well. Taylor had 18 fumbles at Wisconsin, Mack hasn't fumbled in the last 2 years. I could see Mack being the more trusted option at the GL.

I could see this being somewhat similar to the situation Devin Singletary was in a year ago. Or Fred Taylor in the mid-2000's.
He high points the ball. You can see it. It's conducive to fumbling.

Best RB prospect since Saquon. 
Only a little dubious, not the hottest of takes considering that's only two years.

Is he a better prospect than all of Jacobs, CEH, Swift, and Sanders? Three of those were drafted higher, and two were first round picks. I don't know, it's debatable.

It is sort of a concern that we all think that Taylor is easily the best RB prospect in the class, but two NFL franchises didn't. 

Detroit is a pretty bad organization, so it's hard to read too much into that.  They also took a guy many of us liked as much or more than Taylor. 

KC on the other hand makes pretty good decisions.  Taking CEH probably means they like CEH a ton and not an indictment of Taylor, other than they probably don't see him as a Saquon level talent. 

Last edited by a moderator:
kittenmittens said:
It is sort of a concern that we all think that Taylor is easily the best RB prospect in the class, but two NFL franchises didn't. 

Detroit is a pretty bad organization, so it's hard to read too much into that.  They also took a guy many of us liked as much or more than Taylor. 

KC on the other hand makes pretty good decisions.  Taking CEH probably means they like CEH a ton and not an indictment of Taylor, other than they probably don't see him as a Saquon level talent. 
I really don't see any comparison to Barkley other than combine numbers. Barkley is an entirely different(and much better) player. 

Then again, I thought Swift was the best RB in this class, so opinions clearly vary. There wasn't much separating the top RB's in this class in my opinion, it was all about landing spot. 

Nice catch there. I was just looking at combine 40 times. I can't wait to see Taylor's game speed on that turf in Indy. 
I know. Normally I wouldn't say anything since it's Taylor's thread, but I watched that run live and Chubb almost came off the screen, just like Breida against Cleveland in SF.

Starting to seriously consider taking Taylor at 2.12/3.01.

Best O-line in football + Easiest RB SOS = possible league winner down the stretch.

Even splitting carries, 100 yards rushing vs. Jacksonville week 1 is a good bet. Won't be a timeshare for long.

Shouldn’t be taken the wrong way, but Zeke is a far better comp for how Taylor can be used
That was who I thought of first, but Zeke seemed to be a much more polished pass blocker and receiver. That's just from what I've heard, I am not evaluating these guys on pass blocking. Either way, you have to love a back who is getting comps to Saquon, Chubb and Zeke. 

Because he's pretty good too.

IMO - PPR you take CEH, non-PPR you take Taylor. 
I am a little skeptical of CEH. He wasn't very productive as a sophomore and Nick Brossette was the lead back. CEH went nuclear in 2019 but so did the whole LSU offense. Was CEH responsible for that or was he just riding the wave? I know CEH was a beast in the LSU passing game, he scooped up 10.3% of the LSU targets. Funny thing though, Jonathan Taylor also received 10.3% of the Wisconsin targets. It's just that there was far less passing in Wisconsin and the offense was far less potent. Taylor represented 41% of the Wisconsin offense yards and TDs, CEH got 18% of LSU's. Taylor was driver of the offense in Madison, where as CEH was more a long for the ride IMO. 

I am a little skeptical of CEH. He wasn't very productive as a sophomore and Nick Brossette was the lead back. CEH went nuclear in 2019 but so did the whole LSU offense. Was CEH responsible for that or was he just riding the wave? I know CEH was a beast in the LSU passing game, he scooped up 10.3% of the LSU targets. Funny thing though, Jonathan Taylor also received 10.3% of the Wisconsin targets. It's just that there was far less passing in Wisconsin and the offense was far less potent. Taylor represented 41% of the Wisconsin offense yards and TDs, CEH got 18% of LSU's. Taylor was driver of the offense in Madison, where as CEH was more a long for the ride IMO. 
LSU had an offensive philosophy/staff overhaul after CEH's sophomore year. Now he's in the league as a 1st round pick and Brossette is, putting it kindly, "looking for work."

Perhaps CEH should have been playing and Brossette on the bench. 

Have you ever seen Nick Chubb run?

Chubb is fast and Rock pointed out he had one of the highest mph runs of any ball carrier last year. Some of that is a bit of luck- getting a huge lane to go full stride in a straight line at full speed for a long stretch. That kind of ramp is tough to get in the NFL. I still think Taylor is has more speed than Chubb but I admit I am as wrong as any one about things. 

Chubb is fast and Rock pointed out he had one of the highest mph runs of any ball carrier last year. Some of that is a bit of luck- getting a huge lane to go full stride in a straight line at full speed for a long stretch. That kind of ramp is tough to get in the NFL. I still think Taylor is has more speed than Chubb but I admit I am as wrong as any one about things. 
It's like Bracie doesn't even bother to read my posts no more. 

It's like Bracie doesn't even bother to read my posts no more. 
That happens to me a lot where I catch up on a thread and respond to a post only to then see other posters already covered my point. The Chubb-Taylor comp is interesting to me for fantasy this year as well. The split of the workload is kind of a worry for both. I almost might like Taylor more. I know Chubb has a big leg up because he's established but Hunt is much tougher competition than Mack/Hines. 

That happens to me a lot where I catch up on a thread and respond to a post only to then see other posters already covered my point. The Chubb-Taylor comp is interesting ot me for fantasy this year as well. The split of the workload is kind of a worry for both. I almost might like Taylor more. I know Chubb has a big leg up because he's established but Hunt is much tougher competition than Mack/Hines. 
Hunt isn't going anywhere, for sure. I'm avoiding Chubb in my drafts because of it.  

Users who are viewing this thread