What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (3 Viewers)

Not asking for your advice or sits and starts. Just stating facts that we all face. Some have the luxury to wait on Swift and some don't.  I have Swift and would love to play him today. The questionable tag and game time decision has me leery as I will start 3 from these 4 and I have all 4 ranked close to the same, although Connor is a bit disappointing lately lol. Swift, Gibson, Davis (CMC on bench), and Connor. Right now Swift is the odd man out, but that could change if I get the feel good news before kickoff on Swift. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a bit harsh - tons of RBs are getting hurt left and right. It’s a brutal position.
In the past two years, he’s sustained 3 injuries that have kept him out of action. I don’t think its unfair to say that he has availability issues in his young career. Can he overcome them, absolutely, but it’s worth noting in dynasty leagues. His value may never be higher. 

Lions interim coach Darrell Bevell said he's "optimistic" about D'Andre Swift's (concussion) chances of returning this week.

Swift will practice Wednesday but remains in the concussion protocol. He'll need to be cleared by Saturday to return this week. That seems likely to happen, though Swift's status can't be taken for granted. The Lions will go with a committee of Adrian Peterson and Kerryon Johnson if Swift doesn't play.

SOURCE: Detroit News

Dec 2, 2020, 11:29 AM ET

As a guy who just acquired him a few weeks ago in dynasty, of course I'd love him for playoffs and I am a contender.  But, I acquired him for the long term and hope they rest him as long as he needs to ensure his health.  Plus, just as a human I really hope he is ok.

Rotoworld take:

Adrian Peterson said D'Andre Swift hasn't had "the same energy level" since suffering a concussion. 

Peterson told reporters "it's been hard to watch" Swift struggle with the effects of his brain injury, which he suffered in Week 10. Lions interim coach Darrell Bevell said he's optimistic Swift can play this week against Chicago despite the rookie remaining in the league's concussion protocol. Perhaps the team will protect Swift for another week. If he's out against the Bears, Peterson will get most of the early down workload -- including goal line touches -- while Kerryon Johnson operates as the primary pass catching back. 

RELATED: 

Adrian Peterson

, Kerryon Johnson

SOURCE: Kyle Meinke on Twitter 

Dec 3, 2020, 3:12 PM ET

So, apparently he has cleared the concussion protocol but missed practice today due to a non-COVID illness.  Illness could explain the lack of energy mentioned by Peterson.  Good that he cleared the protocol, still not sure I trust Detroit enough to do the right thing here but I am firmly on the side of let brain injuries heal and rest vs rushing someone back out there only to get hurt even worse.

Health aside, it’s bizarre that it hasn’t been disclosed how he contracted the concussion. If it happened in practice, I think they just would have said so. Might be something embarrassing like hitting his head around the house or somewhere else like a stripper pole. 

Health aside, it’s bizarre that it hasn’t been disclosed how he contracted the concussion. If it happened in practice, I think they just would have said so. Might be something embarrassing like hitting his head around the house or somewhere else like a stripper pole. 
TRIGGER WARNING

his last carry. thrown down violently by Chase Young, head bounced off the turf.

while I trust Dave Birkett as a solid beat reporter who has a good rapport with the teams veterans, neither he or AD are doing anything more than speculation. Jahvid Best came into the league having suffered one of the more horrific concussions ever witnessed. just bc Swift is in Honolulu blue and silver doesn’t mean that’s his career arc.

Birkett followed up that tweet by saying unequivocally there is zero chance the Lions shut him down the year. Bevell wants to see him involved. obviously we want to see a full participation practice on Friday but IMO there’s no reason to think Swift won’t continue his strong second half of the season. Bears run D has been trash without Akiem Hicks, who finally practiced today (LP.) Mack has missed a couple sessions with a back but is expected to play.

then again, S.O.L., curse, et al, so it’s easy to see why managers are skitterish.

Really hope they sit him out.  It is well within the realm of possibility that his symptoms of illness are actually still related to the brain injury.  Come on Bevell, show you are smarter than Patricia right out of the gate here.

Really hope they sit him out.  It is well within the realm of possibility that his symptoms of illness are actually still related to the brain injury.  Come on Bevell, show you are smarter than Patricia right out of the gate here.
They have to have clearance from independent doctor don't they?  Not sure how the two matters would be related and still be removed from protocol by an independent.

Lions interim coach Darrell Bevell said D'Andre Swift (illness) would have a "small package of plays" if active this week.

Swift was held out of Friday's practice for the second straight day. He's cleared the concussion protocol but the missed reps are going to make it hard for him to play this week. Even if active, Swift's role will likely be limited. Adrian Peterson is the favorite to lead Detroit's Week 13 backfield in touches.

Dec 4, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

Coach speak or a definite reason to not put Swift in our lineups?
My belief if Bevell is shooting us straight in a way we only wish head coaches would.

I own Swift a good amount, before his concussion I had him a top 5 RB for ROS. Some places I own him I have really good options, two places in particular I don't. I think it's possible a small role for him could be 3-5 catches and a few carries and frankly that might be better then my options in some places but in general I'd avoid him if you can and if you are still alive in weeks 14-16 I think this might be a situation were a midseason few week rest for a rookie RB pays dividends.

D'Andre Swift (illness) is inactive for Week 13 against Chicago. 

Swift was a longshot to play after getting downgraded to doubtful. He'll miss his third straight game, leaving Detroit with a plodding committee of Adrian Peterson and Kerryon Johnson. Also inactive for the Lions are WR Kenny Golladay, DL Da’Shawn Hand, DE Austin Bryant, CB Jeff Okudah, and QB David Blough. 

Dec 6, 2020, 11:31 AM ET

D'Andre Swift (illness) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Swift is recovered from his concussion, but the Lions held him out with a non-COVID illness last week. The limited practice puts him on track to play Sunday. Swift may not have more than a small package of plays if he returns this week.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:30 AM ET

Ok this is three players with a non-covid illness in the last two weeks - Swift, CEH and Tyreek Hill.

What gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what I read a day or two ago I wish Swift had missed last week due to a non-COVID related illness. What I read was his illness was migraines and had to do with his concussion. The duration and impact of his concussion is concerning.

Based on what I read a day or two ago I wish Swift had missed last week due to a non-COVID related illness. What I read was his illness was migraines and had to do with his concussion. The duration and impact of his concussion is concerning.
Do you have the link by chance? I’m shocked he was cleared if this is accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread