What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (2 Viewers)

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift picked up 147 yards on just 16 carries in a 30-6 victory over Vanderbilt on Saturday.

The only thing Swift didn't do is reach the end zone, but that's a bit nitpicky, especially in week one. The potential first-round pick was consistently finding creases against Vanderbilt, and he showed why draft pundits are pretty much universally in love with his talent. Swift is going to put up monster numbers, and it shouldn't shock anyone if he did it again -- and then some -- against Murray State -- next Saturday.

Aug 31, 2019, 11:04 PM ET

Georgia HC Kirby Smart "doesn't want to lean on [junior RB D'Andre Swift] too much."

Define "too much." Swift (5'9/215) has been ranked as the best running back prospect on multiple occasions, and he offers something that Georgia lacks: proven receiving talent. The biggest weakness on the roster is at receiver and Swift is a legit pass-catching option out of the backfield. The Bulldogs, if they wanted to, could use multiple backs at once, using Swift as a receiver to help fill the void. With other talents at running back, expect Swift to be one of the more productive receivers at the running back position in the country.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 16, 2019, 4:18 PM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler writes that Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift's best attribute is his "vision and processing speed."

"[Swift] feels where the next block is coming from and skillfully shifts his gears to maximize each run," Brugler writes of the 5-foot-9, 215-pound junior. These observations dovetail nicely with those of NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah, who wrote in June that he digs Swift's "outstanding vision." On the more critical side of the ledger, Brugler would like to see the Georgia star improve on his "finishing violence," noting that while Swift has no issues taking contact, he could do even more to "punish defenders" when taking first licks. Brugler ranks Swift as his No. 1 running back in the prospective spring draft class.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 16, 2019, 11:45 AM ET

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah says Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift has "outstanding vision."

Swift (5'9/215) also has "the ability to consistently make the free defender miss in space." It's a very complimentary scouting report from one of the best in the business. And it's a report that will be shared by just about everyone. Swift can run -- he picked up over 1,000 yards as a sophomore in a committee last year -- and he can catch passes (32 receptions). Before entering the 2020 NFL Draft as a Day 1 or Day 2 prospect, Swift should be one of the most productive backs in college football this year.

SOURCE: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jun 22, 2019, 6:24 PM ET

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift was named a second-team preseason All-American by Athlon Sports.

Swift (5'9/215) and Najee Harris occupied the second-team row of seats for the position, while Jonathan Taylor and Travis Etienne lounge around up in first-team first class. The junior back rushed for 1,049 yards (6.4 YPC) and 10 touchdowns while putting in a 32-297-3 receiving line during the past campaign. This upcoming season looks very much like it will be his last. Five-star RB Kendall Milton told Rivals after an official visit to Georgia earlier this month that he had been informed by coaches that Swift was expected to bounce for the NFL this winter. Should that come to fruition, he could potentially land as a Day 1 selection, though given the absolutely loaded state of the prospective 2020 skill-position class, Day 1 is far from a given.

SOURCE: Athlon Sports

Jun 21, 2019, 3:27 PM ET

Uncommitted five-star 2020 RB Kendall Milton said that on his official visit to Georgia, the team told him they expect junior RB D'Andre Swift to declare for the 2020 NFL Draft.

"They let me know ... D’Andre Swift is supposed to go into the league after this year," Milton told Rivals. It's not earth-shattering news by any stretch of the imagination, as Swift was always a candidate to declare, but we cannot remember the last time a recruit let out such a large piece of draft intel. Milton is considered a priority target for the Bulldogs. As for Swift's NFL outlook, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller ranks the 5-foot-9, 215-pounder as the No. 3 draft-eligible back for the spring. He could potentially land in the Day 1 mix with a strong evaluating season.

SOURCE: Rivals

Jun 17, 2019, 12:10 PM ET

USA Today ranks Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift third among running backs for the 2019 season.

There's a pretty obvious "big three" tailbacks for 2019: Swift, Wisconsin's Jonathan Taylor and Clemson's Travis Etienne. The order varies, but the names do not, and this is no exception. Swift has very good as a sophomore when healthy, and he's considered a better receiver than both Taylor and Etienne. That could make him the best pro back of these three, and because of his speed and vision, he might just be the highest drafted and most productive, anyway. Just has to stay healthy.

SOURCE: USA Today

Jun 11, 2019, 7:11 PM ET

Draft Wire's Luke Easterling ranks Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift as the No. 17 overall 2020 NFL Draft prospect.

Swift (5'9/215) checks in just a few spots below Clemson RB Travis Etienne for the top spot, but athletic testing and the 2019 collegiate season will determine the final pecking order. As a sophomore in 2018, Swift averaged a solid 6.4 yards per carry -- he'll get a lot more of them as a junior -- but what makes Swift exciting is his receiving production since he caught 32 passes while splitting work with Elijah Holyfield who is just now finishing his Combine 40-yard dash.

SOURCE: Draft Wire

May 27, 2019, 9:42 PM ET

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller believes Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift has the best "speed" among draft-eligible 2020 running backs.

Miller ranks Swift 3rd in the class behind Clemson RB Travis Etienne and Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor. In addition to the best "speed" Miller also notes he is the best "Third-Down Back." Swift went on a tear to close out his 2018 season with over 100 yards rushing in 4-of-6 games. He shared a backfield with Elijah Holyfield in 2018 who has since moved on to the NFL. Swift might see a slight uptick in overall usage with Holyfield out of the picture but both James Cook and Zamir White figure to have significant roles in 2019.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

May 11, 2019, 1:02 PM ET

I was going to copy and paste my post from the Etienne thread "just to be a part of this thread" but a black dot will do  :blackdot:

but what makes Swift exciting is his receiving production since he caught 32 passes while splitting work with Elijah Holyfield who is just now finishing his Combine 40-yard dash.
Omg, I laughed way too hard at this.

I think he's the best overall RB prospect in the 2020 draft.

He has great top end speed. He's probably a mid 4.4 40yd time based on the tape.

He has patience and vision.

High scores on his pass catching.

Elite cutting / change of direction ability.

Squatty build with a lot of strength.

He's likely a player I'm going to do everything I can to acquire next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift ran for 98 yards and a score on 19 carries while catching three passes for two years in a 23-17 win over Notre Dame on Saturday.

This wasn't the prettiest game we've seen this year, but it was entertaining, and ultimately, it was the Bulldogs that came out with the huge victory. Swift is a key reason for that, as the 5-foot-9, 215-pound running back made the most of the tiny creases that were presented to him, and his three-yard plunge tied the game at 7-7 late in the second quarter. We've seen bigger yardage games from the talented junior, obviously, but it's one of his best games when you consider how fast the Notre Dame defense was playing and the circumstances. Swift and the Bulldogs get to take on Tennessee next Saturday.

Sep 21, 2019, 11:45 PM ET

He looked good against a very tough, highly ranked ND who can to play and games to stop him.

The needle moved for sure.

Tex

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift rushed 23 times for 113 yards and a touchdown in UGA's 20-17 upset loss to South Carolina on Saturday.

Swift (5'9/215) the 23 carries and 113 yards are both season-highs for Swift as South Carolina limited UGA to only 173 yards on the ground. UGA had been averaging 250 rushing yards per game and were stifled by a stingy Gamecock defense that held the Dawgs to a long rush of only 14 yards. Zamir White also received 12 carries for only 44 yards as Swift's entrenched backup while James Cook only saw two totes on the day. Georgia will take on Kentucky next weekend at home in Athens.

Oct 12, 2019, 7:53 PM ET

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift ran for 179 yards on 21 carries in a 21-0 rout of Kentucky on Saturday.

Swift was asked to a lot on Saturday with Georgia deciding to make Jake Fromm the manager of game managers, and unsurprisingly, he was able to handle it without a problem. The 5-foot-9, 215-pound tailback was able to get through some terrible tackling for a 39-yard score in the third quarter, and his three-yard plunge with 6:24 left in the contest erased all doubt. Expect Swift to be the focal point of the offense again in two weeks when he and the Bulldogs take on Florida.

Oct 19, 2019, 9:06 PM ET

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift took 12 carries for 83 yards in Saturday's 27-0 win over Missouri.

Swift (5'9/215) didn't get many chances to carry the rock against Missouri, but he didn't need it to still almost hit 100 yards. Swift ripped off a 47-yard dash at the beginning of the second half to set up a field goal opportunity, which unfortunately missed. It would have been nice to see Georgia lean on Swift more than they did, but they will have a chance to correct that against Auburn next week.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:55 PM ET

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift turned 17 carries into 106 yards in a 21-14 victory over Auburn on Saturday.

Swift's best run of the day was a 26-yard gain late in the first half that set up a touchdown just before halftime to make it 14-0. It showed his ability to find room in the open field, and plant and go with the very best tailbacks in the country. Outside of that carry, there wasn't much room for the 5-foot-9, 215-pound tailback to operate, but that has more to do with Auburn's defense than anything Swift did. He's really good. We'll see Swift and the Bulldogs back on the field next Saturday against Texas A&M.

Nov 16, 2019, 7:34 PM ET

As much as I like the top RBs in the up coming draft, if they land in terrible situations IT DOES MATTER.  Some will say talent always wins in the end, but that isn't always necessarily true.  I've learned that the hard way.  Now I'm not saying don't draft a player in a bad situation, but I am saying it matters.

As much as I like the top RBs in the up coming draft, if they land in terrible situations IT DOES MATTER.  Some will say talent always wins in the end, but that isn't always necessarily true.  I've learned that the hard way.  Now I'm not saying don't draft a player in a bad situation, but I am saying it matters.
I agree to an extent. I believe that Swift and Eitenne are so talented that they fall in that category. Just my opinion though.

What examples do you have in mind?

Tex

I agree to an extent. I believe that Swift and Eitenne are so talented that they fall in that category. Just my opinion though.

Tex
Those two and Swift come to mind.  It's not a slam dunk their dynasty value is going to be great (at least for a couple of years) if they are drafted by bad teams, with bad QBs, or an established very good RB already on the team.  Or more importantly a terrible OL.  Some may not like to hear it, but a RBs success is measured most of the time by how efficient the OL is, no matter how talented a RB they are.  Most of these guys aren't Barry Sanders.

can good RBs change a bad situation into a good one?

Yes, I think desti action matters a good deal, but at the same time a good player makes a bad situation better

true, for RBs I dont like a rb going to a poor ol. personally I have a a hard time though determining who has a good ol and who doesnt until the season gets under way 
Well, a good starting point is to look up their stats for run blocking and then monitor the draft and to a lesser degree free agency.  If they are serious about upgrading their OL with high picks, then that is a plus for in-coming RBs.  Look at the Colts as an example.  A few years ago they couldn't run the ball at all.  Then they made a commitment to upgrading the OL through the draft with high picks.  Now they are very good at running the ball and some consider it the best young OL in the league.

Tex
Baltimore. As good as Ingram's stats look behind that top 5 OL, he, right now should be at about 1000 yards if he got normal RB carries.

Any RB that is on a team with a so called 'great young offensive minds'....because they are anything but great minds. CIN, NYJ, CHI, Rams. Don't underestimate these coaches ability to take the best player at RB off the field in order to try and be tricky.

Shanahan as well can ruin a RB's fantasy value.

Well, a good starting point is to look up their stats for run blocking and then monitor the draft and to a lesser degree free agency.  If they are serious about upgrading their OL with high picks, then that is a plus for in-coming RBs.  Look at the Colts as an example.  A few years ago they couldn't run the ball at all.  Then they made a commitment to upgrading the OL through the draft with high picks.  Now they are very good at running the ball and some consider it the best young OL in the league.
Its difficult for me to determine who may make improvements vs who is doomed. Seems like OL male improvements out of the blue sometimes. Also lines seem to change pretty much every few years.. there just isnt the same consistency in players for most. Plus rookies are incredibly hard for me to figure out 

Georgia junior RB D'Andre Swift rushed for 103 yards on 19 carries in Saturday's 19-13 win over Texas A&M.

Swift (5'9/215) averaged 5.4 YPC with a long run of 23 yards on Saturday. He also had one vocal, frustrated moment with QB Jake Fromm in the second half. Which, hey, we all want to yell at Jake Fromm from time-to-time, given his inconsistent level of play this season. Swift has now rushed for 1,130 yards and seven touchdowns in 11 contests. Georgia Tech shows next on the Bulldogs' schedule, with the SEC Championship Game set to follow.

Nov 23, 2019, 7:03 PM ET

My favorite RB in his own tier.
I can see this.  I love Taylor, but I see him as more of a Chubb role in the passing game where Swift might be a guy who can have a Kamara type of passing game role. 

Etienne is in a tier below those two for me.  I might like Akers more. 

I can see this.  I love Taylor, but I see him as more of a Chubb role in the passing game where Swift might be a guy who can have a Kamara type of passing game role. 

Etienne is in a tier below those two for me.  I might like Akers more. 
Interesting. I like Akers as my 3rd as well. I think Swift has more stud potential, but also more bust potential than Taylor. 

Any reason, other than the passing facet, you guys are down on Etienne? He has been rather dominant with all of his touches.
It's not so much that I don't like him, it's more that in high on Akers and the passing facet is very important to me. 

I really do like Etienne, but this class is insane and I think Akers is a more well rounded player. 

Any reason, other than the passing facet, you guys are down on Etienne? He has been rather dominant with all of his touches.
I’ll take Etienne, he has a gear second to none. Swift could easily be drafted before either RB.

Tex

I think landing spot will determine the 1.01 this year.  It looks like we should expect Jeudy to go top 5 in the NFL draft, so unless Swift goes to KC or Tampa Bay or something like that I think it might be Jeudy.  That kind of draft capital is hard to pass up. 

Users who are viewing this thread