What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (4 Viewers)

Update on pace after 5G:

275.4 touches (10th amongst RBs)

1502.8 YFS (10th)

10.2 TDs (10th)

119 targets (2nd)

98.6 receptions (1st)

856.8 (1st)

weekly: RB2-RB21-RB7-RB39-RB12

overall RB6 in PPR 

Snap Counts Week 5:

Swift 50, Williams 22

Season:

236-128
That's pretty telling in terms of how much they're on the field. The touches haven't followed as much, with Swift's and Williams' total touches pretty close - Swift is obviously doing a lot more with them. So basically more often than not, when Jamaal is on the field, he has been getting the ball.

I imagine those touches will continue to shift more to Swift unless there is a very positive game script in which the Lions are very run heavy.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports D'Andre Swift (groin) is expected to play in Week 6 against the Bengals.

Swift has been playing through the groin injury all year and it hasn't appeared to limit him. He remains in a time-share with Jamaal Williams but is getting the bulk of the receiving work and goal line touches. That beneficial split keeps him in play for RB1 numbers every week. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 17, 2021, 9:24 AM ET

D'Andre Swift rushed 13 times for 24 yards and a touchdown, adding five receptions for 43 yards on seven targets in the Lions' Week 6 loss to the Bengals.

Swift's garbage time TD bailed out his fantasy managers, but it was also the thesis of the play. Swift continues to hold low end RB1 value despite playing for a cratering Lions offense. He will need to rack up receptions again in Week 7, facing a Rams team likely to make easy work of the Lions.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Jamaal had like 5 touches today…

For 9 yards from scrimmage.

I was advised all summer to avoid Swift. Timeshare, man.  

Update on pace after 6G::

280.5 touches (currently 12th amongst RBs)

1442.2 YFS (11th)

11.3 TDs (11th)

119 targets (2nd)

96.3 receptions (1st)

835.8 receiving yards (1st)

weekly: RB2-RB21-RB7-RB39-RB12-RB16

overall RB7 in PPR

it’s good to be Swift

Let’s be honest. He’s not that impressive of a runner so far this year (though like last year, he is adept at scoring in the Red Zone.) He’s 32nd in rushing yards - Khalil Herbert has more in the last 3 G than Swift has in 7 - but what an absolute PPR monster.

Given the Lions consistent negative game script, that should continue.

Update on pace after 7 G:

291.4 touches (currently 4th amongst RBs)

1585.9 YFS (2nd)

12.1 TDs (6th)

126.3 targets (1st)

102.0 receptions (1st)

949.6 receiving yards (1st)

4.9 receiving TDs (5th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1*

overall RB2 in PPR

*previous updates I’ve been using our league scoring format (PPR w/ bonuses) - switched to conventional PPR this week 

Last edited by a moderator:
He was so good...but that last bobble/miss...was one of many things that could have given me the points I needed to win (along with SF's defense screwing up late).  And he and Goff being on different pages down at about the 20 when it looked like if they connected on a short pass, Swift had a shot to score.

Still...cannot be mad at the kid...he is putting up really good points and was a great draft value.

He was so good...but that last bobble/miss...was one of many things that could have given me the points I needed to win (along with SF's defense screwing up late).  And he and Goff being on different pages down at about the 20 when it looked like if they connected on a short pass, Swift had a shot to score.

Still...cannot be mad at the kid...he is putting up really good points and was a great draft value.
My very amateur opinion is that was Goff’s fault. There was a ton of space to the outside where Swift easily scores if he’s hit on the move. Goff thought he was going to sit down with his back to the goal line on what I think was 3rd and 9 ish. Much more difficult to turn around and get going with the defense getting extra time to react. I thought the throw was high on the game ending pick too but I didn’t see that replay. He’s an absolute stud regardless.

it’s good to be Swift

Let’s be honest. He’s not that impressive of a runner so far this year (though like last year, he is adept at scoring in the Red Zone.) He’s 32nd in rushing yards - Khalil Herbert has more in the last 3 G than Swift has in 7 - but what an absolute PPR monster.

Given the Lions consistent negative game script, that should continue.

Update on pace after 7 G::

291.4:touches (currently 4th amongst RBs)

1585.9 YFS (2nd)

12.1 TDs (6th)

126.3 targets (1st)

102.0 receptions (1st)

949.6 receiving yards (1st)

4.9 (5th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1*

overall RB2 in PPR

*previous updates I’ve been using our league scoring format (PPR w/ bonuses) - switched to conventional PPR this week 
He’s such a stud as a receiver. Gonna probably need some help on the outside to threaten the defense to advance as a runner but in the meantime I’m perfectly happy with him as a ppr stud as by far the most dynamic threat on that offense. Keep the targets coming!

There were a few woulda coulda shouldas yesterday but in the end typical Lions loss. Happy for Matthew, he’s got a shot at making a Super Bowl this year.

No 5th year option for Swift & it seems highly unlikely they’ll have all the pieces in place by 2023. He and Hock are the only thing making them mildly interesting. Considering how young they are with  boatload of IDFAs seeing significant roles, kind of amazing they’ve been within striking distance half the time.

Fantasy wise, Swift is a league winner, especially if you hit on the first 3 rounds. I like my chances in the leagues where I got him in the 4th. 

I think he's a better runner than the stats show, but obviously would be great to see him more productive in order to truly become a bell cow. Particularly for dynasty purposes when the teams presumably upgrade their WR crew and the passing game may not run through him as much.

My very amateur opinion is that was Goff’s fault. There was a ton of space to the outside where Swift easily scores if he’s hit on the move. Goff thought he was going to sit down with his back to the goal line on what I think was 3rd and 9 ish. Much more difficult to turn around and get going with the defense getting extra time to react. I thought the throw was high on the game ending pick too but I didn’t see that replay. He’s an absolute stud regardless.
On the goal line interception by Ramsey, looked like he was trying to jam a fastball hole shot into Hock. Have seen Stafford make that type of throw a hundred times. Great play by an all pro corner. Of course you always hate a RZ interception but hard to fault a guy trying to making a play.

Goff has been a Goof all year but I get what he was going for there.

This guy has saved my season with brittle CMC on the shelf. Nice to see him bank some points early yesterday instead of waiting for the inevitable 4th quarter explosion.

Total stud.

Lions listed RB D'Andre Swift (groin) questionable for Week 8 against the Eagles.

Swift has been listed questionable with a groin injury all season. He logged limited practices all week and is fully expected to play. There is some risk of the Eagles going run heavy against the Lions this week, which could allow the Lions to go run heavy in turn. Swift has lost significant work to Jamaal Williams on early down carries this season, so he is actually better off if the Lions are forced to throw heavily this week. Swift profiles as a boom/bust RB1 this week.

Oct 29, 2021, 3:38 PM ET

There were a few woulda coulda shouldas yesterday but in the end typical Lions loss. Happy for Matthew, he’s got a shot at making a Super Bowl this year.

No 5th year option for Swift & it seems highly unlikely they’ll have all the pieces in place by 2023. He and Hock are the only thing making them mildly interesting. Considering how young they are with  boatload of IDFAs seeing significant roles, kind of amazing they’ve been within striking distance half the time.

Fantasy wise, Swift is a league winner, especially if you hit on the first 3 rounds. I like my chances in the leagues where I got him in the 4th. 
Surprised he made into the fourth round. I took him at 24th overall, the wrap around in my 12 team half ppr league. I was happy he made it to me. 

Also, I’m not following the fifth year option comment. They can wait to make that decision. Or have these rules changed? 

Surprised he made into the fourth round. I took him at 24th overall, the wrap around in my 12 team half ppr league. I was happy he made it to me. 

Also, I’m not following the fifth year option comment. They can wait to make that decision. Or have these rules changed? 
He wasn’t a first round pick, so no 5th year option. He’s out after 4 unless extended. I got him in the late 3rd of a limited keeper draft and in the late 4th of another draft. People were really freaked by the groin thing, the Lions thing are bad thing, and the “Williams is a classic A back” thing. 

He wasn’t a first round pick, so no 5th year option. He’s out after 4 unless extended. I got him in the late 3rd of a limited keeper draft and in the late 4th of another draft. People were really freaked by the groin thing, the Lions thing are bad thing, and the “Williams is a classic A back” thing. 
Yeah, I forgot I got him there in a start up dynasty. So likely his youth pushed him up the draft board or I drafted him a lot earlier then others would have. I like his situation and I’m ok with Williams spelling him. Maybe the short yardage thrash and grinding Williams provides is what is keeping Swift in the line up. 

Players with multiple top-5 RB games this season:

• Alvin Kamara
  • Austin Ekeler
  • Christian McCaffrey
  • Cordrelle Patterson
  • D'Andre Swift
  • Derrick Henry
  • Joe Mixon
  • Jonathan Taylor
  • Najee Harris
NCAYFT but the bolded are my starters

D’Andre Swift currently has a 20.1% target share on the season.

There are only three running backs to post ABOVE a 20% target share in their second season:

1. Reggie Bush 2006
  2. Kamara 2017
  3. CMC 2017

Welcome to the least fun update of the season. A week ago Dan Campbell was being praised for pulling out all the stops in trying to beat the Rams. Two fake Punts, Onside Kick, et al. Today? Abject failure for not having his team prepared in what should have been the most winnable game on the schedule. Getting blown out at home to a trash Eagles team has got to be the bottom. That was the bottom, right?

:oldunsure:

Right?

Just couldn't get D'Andre going yesterday. With Williams out, he took 12 of the first 14 RB carries. 27 yards and his last rushing attempt resulted in a third quarter scoop n score for Philadelphia. At that point it was 0-38 and the Lions six possessions before that resulted in 3 punts, 2 loss of possession on downs, and a missed FG. Swift caught one more pass for 6 yards and then spent the 4th Q on the bench, no reason to risk injury (& gave them a chance to assess rookie Jermar Jefferson.

Bye week coming up and then we're on to Pittsburgh.

Update on pace after 8 G:

291.1 touches (currently 8th amongst RBs)

1496 YFS (7th)

10.6 TDs (11th)

Note: big drop in place for all of these compared to last week's pace

121.1 targets (1st)

99.9 receptions (1st)

881.9 receiving yards (1st)

4.3 receiving TDs (6th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1-RB31

overall RB4 in PPR

Also, should be noted he is on pace for a 600ish yard rushing season. The 3.2 YPC is in now way indicative of his talent - last year it was 4.6 - but the limitations of Goof and the play calling don't leave much room for hope of improvement. They desperately need another option besides Hock.

I don't have this week's numbers yet, but this really tells the story of the Detroit offense rn:

After Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams, Lions quarterback Jared Goff now ranks 33rd, last among qualifying quarterbacks, in depth of his target. His average pass is traveling 6.13 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, well behind Atlanta's Matt Ryan, who is next on the list at 6.73 yards.

ARSB is probably the 2nd best route runner on the team, but he doesn't have much of a vertical game. IDK the answer.

With a week off to fix their woeful offense, MCDC decided to take over play calling. On a cold, wet day at Heinz field, with Jamaal Williams out and LT Taylor Decker back, the Lions leaned heavily on Swift:

33-130 rushing & 3-5 receiving

He gained only 28 yards on his last 17 carries as Pittsburgh stacked the box over the last 20 minutes of regulation and overtime.

Jared Goff was dealing with a oblique injury and the weather was a factor, but the Lions ran a ton of jumbo packages with OL Matt Nelson in as a TE. At the end of regulation, Goff had the fewest passing yards in a game by a Lions QB since Joey Harrington’s rookie year.

I would say “weird game” but with Detroit that’s a feature not a bug.

Update on pace after 9 G:

326.8 touches (5th amongst RBs)

232.3 attempts (12th)

791.4 yards (22nd)

5.67 TDs (21st)

1584.7 YFS (5th)

9.4 TDs (11th)

119 targets (1st)

94.4 receptions (1st)

793.3 receiving yards (1st)

3.8 receiving TDs (6th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1-RB31-bye-RB16

overall RB5 in PPR (Taylor, Henry, Ekeler, Harris)

Is it Goff? Are the Receivers just that bad? Both? Scheme? All of the above?

The passing game is putrid and seems to be getting worse. Felt like they couldn't even get Swift out in space on Sunday.

The passing game is putrid and seems to be getting worse. Felt like they couldn't even get Swift out in space on Sunday.
I think it's more the Lions than Goff. Give Goff great talent and he can be a .500 quarterback (yes, I realize that's not a compliment). But make him be the one to win the game for his team, and they won't. 

This game was Goff+weather+O-line giving Goff zero time to set and throw.  They got Taylor Decker back this week and moved the rookie Sewell back to right tackle, which I assume was part of their struggles. But they just could not give Goff a clean pocket all game.

Oh, plus Goff was injured early in the game and really couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field even if he did have time.

This game was Goff+weather+O-line giving Goff zero time to set and throw.  They got Taylor Decker back this week and moved the rookie Sewell back to right tackle, which I assume was part of their struggles. But they just could not give Goff a clean pocket all game.

Oh, plus Goff was injured early in the game and really couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field even if he did have time.

Edited 8 minutes ago by nysfl2

Peneu handled the transition very well. 3 of their top 5 PFF grades were lineman.

Goff didn’t fair much better than when he was surrounded by talent and had a good WR corps. He has been one of the worst deep ball passers since 2019. Last year he went two months without completing a deep pass over 35 (& only did it twice all year.)  

The Lions do have the worst WR room in the league by a good margin. But his problems are not new this year. He was very efficient in 2017-18 and hasn’t been the same since the Pats shut him down in the SB.

Peneu handled the transition very well. 3 of their top 5 PFF grades were lineman.

Goff didn’t fair much better than when he was surrounded by talent and had a good WR corps. He has been one of the worst deep ball passers since 2019. Last year he went two months without completing a deep pass over 35 (& only did it twice all year.)  

The Lions do have the worst WR room in the league by a good margin. But his problems are not new this year. He was very efficient in 2017-18 and hasn’t been the same since the Pats shut him down in the SB.
that really did seem to be a negative turning point for him.  just a huge blow to his confidence.

that really did seem to be a negative turning point for him.  just a huge blow to his confidence.
Seems like it. At the time I thought it was Cooks (his best deep threat) leaving, Gurley losing his burst and the O line injuries. But at the end of the day he has to overcome those things. He has be the one who can step up and make plays.

He is the bridge QB through the end of next year. After they trade him (unlikely due to his massive contract) or cut him, he’ll be a bridge QB or backup somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread