What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2019 OFFENSE/DEFENSE CONTEST WEEK 1 (1 Viewer)

QuizGuy66

Footballguy
Hi Folks, my apologies for not starting up the thread.  As with other recent season unless someone wants to step forward I was hoping we could do this contest on the honor system (i.e. we self-score and make sure we don't repeat/screw up).  But I can try to at least keep up the threads.

Same simple rules as always.  You pick one offense each week and one defense each week.  Your score is the points scored by the team you chose for offense minus the points allowed by the team you chose for defense.  You CAN choose the same team for both offense and defense in the same week if you want.  You CANNOT choose any offense or defense more than once over the course of the season.  Last year was the first time I was any good if I recall.  Usually I am turrible.

Anyway I'll start things off:

Week 1 offense: Baltimore

Week 1 defense: Baltimore

Same as last year :D

-QG

I gotta get my mind off the subscriber contest for a few minutes...

Offense - Brees and his Saints

Defense - a shame to use em this early, but gotta go with the Ravens

YES!  So excited for this to be back.  Let's get Arodin some more work and try to get 30+ in this this year.  For anyone reading, this is a lot of fun and free to join.... you'll regret missing out on this if you don't get week 1 picks in :)

Damnit just looked at the entries and I’m the 3rd to post the same combo.  What are the rules on changing a submission?

Damnit just looked at the entries and I’m the 3rd to post the same combo.  What are the rules on changing a submission?
You can change it if you like anytime (obviously before the teams play).  Don't edit it though, just delete and re-post your new one.

However it's going to happen a lot that you have the same entry as other people.  It's a season long contest so it's not a big deal if you have the same points as someone else after only one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks, my apologies for not starting up the thread.  As with other recent season unless someone wants to step forward I was hoping we could do this contest on the honor system (i.e. we self-score and make sure we don't repeat/screw up).  But I can try to at least keep up the threads.

Same simple rules as always.  You pick one offense each week and one defense each week.  Your score is the points scored by the team you chose for offense minus the points allowed by the team you chose for defense.  You CAN choose the same team for both offense and defense in the same week if you want.  You CANNOT choose any offense or defense more than once over the course of the season.  Last year was the first time I was any good if I recall.  Usually I am turrible.

Anyway I'll start things off:

Week 1 offense: Baltimore

Week 1 defense: Baltimore

Same as last year :D

-QG
Congrats on winning this year

29 entrants so far this year.  (And it's not too late!  You can use the Monday games and play along, and can even join after week 1.)

6 of our 29 have Monday teams in play.  QuizGuy and Faust are leading the pack of 17 players with positive week 1 scores.  Four of the players currently with negative scores still have an offense to go.

I'll try to post the results Tuesday.  Seriously doubt I'll stay up till the end of the late game tomorrow.

And here we go:

Faust  49
QuizGuy66  49
Riffraff  32
SayWhat?  32
ZWK 22
cdwood  20
Dr. Dan  20
TheWinz  20
Dr. Octopus  17
kutta  17
IHEARTFF  15
bro1ncos  12
Arodin  11
by_the_sea_wannabe  11
Mr. Irrelevant  11
Deamon  10
Utter Chaos  7
Maggot Brain  5
a_rackowski  3
Pip's Invitation  1
Nugget  0
valhallan  -3
jdkapow  -6
-OZ-  -7
Cowboysfan8  -8
needanap  -10
Obie Wan  -10
scoobus  -10
Neil Beaufort Zod  -16

Sorry for the delay.  Still knocking off the preseason rust here at the Arodin compound, but we'll refocus and come out with a better gameplan for week 2!

Users who are viewing this thread