What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things we thought were true, but turned out to be great marketing (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Now, to be fair, I only have one of these.  But I figure if there's one this big, there have to be others.  And honestly, they should be celebrated.  Because, boy howdy, did that marketing team do their job above and beyond.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

We've all heard this.  And I hear people say it all of the time.  It's been said so much, it just seems like it's a proven fact.  Except there is no evidence to support this claim.  In fact, it was thought up by Kellogg's to get people to start buying cereal back in the earlyish 1900's.  That's crazy!  Mind blown!  I mean, bravo, marketing team.  100 years later people are still saying this thinking it's a scientific fact.  When really, it was just a ploy to get people to buy Corn Flakes.

I always thought breakfast was overrated, don't eat it that often.  Although when I do it's a dumb bowl of cereal or also dumb yogurt, with fruit and granola type stuff.

So what is the best milk substitute on cereal?  Or better yet, what are some better breakfast staples that don't take long?

I always thought breakfast was overrated, don't eat it that often.  Although when I do it's a dumb bowl of cereal or also dumb yogurt, with fruit and granola type stuff.

So what is the best milk substitute on cereal?  Or better yet, what are some better breakfast staples that don't take long?
The incredible, edible egg. Or a banana.

Now, to be fair, I only have one of these.  But I figure if there's one this big, there have to be others.  And honestly, they should be celebrated.  Because, boy howdy, did that marketing team do their job above and beyond.

We've all heard this.  And I hear people say it all of the time.  It's been said so much, it just seems like it's a proven fact.  Except there is no evidence to support this claim.  In fact, it was thought up by Kellogg's to get people to start buying cereal back in the earlyish 1900's.  That's crazy!  Mind blown!  I mean, bravo, marketing team.  100 years later people are still saying this thinking it's a scientific fact.  When really, it was just a ploy to get people to buy Corn Flakes.
Other little known fact about corn flakes: They were invented to deter masturbation

Santa The Easter Bunny The Tooth Fairy and Mr Sandman. Oh and Cupid. If that clown really is real he's done more to F up then help my love life. What a little ******* that guy in diaper and wings is 

Soy milk is probably the best, health wise.  My daughter claims Vanilla ripple milk is the best tasting/textured substitute (and she is picky).

i like silk soy yogurt for the best consistency.  3/4 of a cup of soy yogurt, 3 cut up strawberries and two tablespoons of flax seeds is 150 calories and getting a lot of good nutrition.

Berries are generally excellent.  Seeds are generally excellent.

2 or 3 days a week I microwave oat bran with 2 tablespoons of flax seed, 2 tablespoons of dried blueberries, and a tablespoon of walnuts.  About 400 calories and I like it.

a few shakes, too, but that takes a little more work (though fairly easy to make a batch of 2 or 3 ahead of time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically most ‘health food’ marketing from the 1950s-early 2000s. 

Low fat/cholesterol messaging. 

TheIronSheik said:

Walter White Jr. would like a word with you. 

Users who are viewing this thread