What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Boys on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Took a few episodes to get going, but firing on all cylinders by the end of episode 3. Everyone will certainly see why they left it there as a break before the weekly episodes. Definitely leaves you wanting more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a few episodes to get going, but firing on all cylinders by the end of episode 3. Everyone will certainly see why they left it there as a break before the weekly episodes. Definitely leaves you wanting more.
Agreed.  I was a little disappointed after episode 1 (thought it was pretty slow) but it definitely got better. 

From what they show in these 3 episodes, Stormfront doesn't seem that powerful, imo.

Have they addressed how the supes age in any of the episodes (aside from A-Train getting slower with age)?  After reading some background on Stormfront, she/he was apparently a Nazi experiment.  Does she/he not age?

Agreed.  I was a little disappointed after episode 1 (thought it was pretty slow) but it definitely got better. 

From what they show in these 3 episodes, Stormfront doesn't seem that powerful, imo.

Have they addressed how the supes age in any of the episodes (aside from A-Train getting slower with age)?  After reading some background on Stormfront, she/he was apparently a Nazi experiment.  Does she/he not age?

Hasn’t been brought up in the show about aging. Original comic Stormfront was a guy that was a Hitler youth that escaped to America so they have definitely adapted that character in a different way. Will have to see if any of the other background like the Nazi connection comes into play in a modernized way rest of season. She's certainly a racist like the Comic counterpart based on the end of episode 3. Some prophetic writing that she was from Portland before joining the 7 given real life events the last few months.

c'mon man... 

[/SPOILER]

Anyone have any idea why Homelander left Butcher alive? That’s been my only mental blocking “Why?” moment in the narrative.

Anyone have any idea why Homelander left Butcher alive? That’s been my only mental blocking “Why?” moment in the narrative.
Butcher had a line that somewhat explained it in episode 2

Homelander brought him to see his wife just to torture him. Knocked him out and dropped him in front of a random pizza place with no idea where his wife was after seeing her. Leaving him only with the knowledge that she was alive and raising Homelanders kid somewhere.

His spoiler is somewhat referencing the comic version where they've already changed major aspects of the character in the show, remains to be seen how/if any of the rest comes out similarly in the show.

Besides the lightning she clearly has super strength after fighting the one character in episode 3 and breaking their arms.

Based on the season 2 trailer, she may have some other powers we haven't seen yet.

Butcher had a line that somewhat explained it in episode 2

Homelander brought him to see his wife just to torture him. Knocked him out and dropped him in front of a random pizza place with no idea where his wife was after seeing her. Leaving him only with the knowledge that she was alive and raising Homelanders kid somewhere.

IIRC, Homelander also suggested he had some sort of deal with Butcher's wife to keep Butcher alive.

Didn't see it mentioned, so I'm gonna ask.  What's with the fly in a couple scenes in season 1?  I mean, i think it's there intentionally because of the audible buzz of it flying around.  If it's from the comic, I haven't read it and a simple, "Yes, it's a plot point that'll be revealed" is fine.  If not, how did such a glaring error made it through post-production?
Noticed the fly again in this season. Wonder where this is going.

2 episodes into season 2 and Im just not feeling it like I was season 1.
Wife and I just watched the first two episodes last night after getting back from a camping trip over the long weekend. Great to see the gang (on both sides) back together. But have to agree that it's falling flatter than last year. Treading on some old ground from last year, motivations of some characters unclear (Hughie is one for me), and some characters treading into caricature than deepening character. Don't get me wrong, love the show still and am still all-in. Hard to not have peaks and valleys show-to-show, and they set a high bar to begin with last season. Just wish I got more than I did.

Back in after episode 3. Good stuff.
This was really good to hear. Will watch S2E3 tonight. 

Noticed the fly again in this season. Wonder where this is going.
So I read this today.  Apparently Eric Kripke (co-creator) discussed the flies earlier this year.

Ha, tons of people are asking about the fly! First, NOT CG, those are real flies. Here’s the lowdown: in several takes over a couple episodes, flies would buzz into the shots, because it’s summer in Toronto. Whenever I saw it, I wanted to use it in dailies, because that’s something that happens ALL THE F***ING TIME in reality, but you never see it in TV or movies. Just felt a little messy and real to me. The more I thought about it, the more it also came to represent the corruption of the world all these characters are struggling through. But was just a happy accident. I’ve read some theories that it’s a hero — ha ha, maybe one day!

Titans_fan said:
So I read this today.  Apparently Eric Kripke (co-creator) discussed the flies earlier this year.

Ha, tons of people are asking about the fly! First, NOT CG, those are real flies. Here’s the lowdown: in several takes over a couple episodes, flies would buzz into the shots, because it’s summer in Toronto. Whenever I saw it, I wanted to use it in dailies, because that’s something that happens ALL THE F***ING TIME in reality, but you never see it in TV or movies. Just felt a little messy and real to me. The more I thought about it, the more it also came to represent the corruption of the world all these characters are struggling through. But was just a happy accident. I’ve read some theories that it’s a hero — ha ha, maybe one day!
Thanks for surfacing! A tangent, but my favorite non-planned appearance of a fly in a movie has to be Raiders of the Lost Ark, with Belloq's speech calling Indy's bluff in RPG'ing the Ark.

IIRC, it totally looks like he ate the fly that was crawling on his lips, but it turns out it actually flew off and editing only made it appear as if he ate it without once breaking his performance in any way. Makes sense, as to truly power through a performance like that would be truly otherworldly.

Really enjoying S2 so far, can't wait to see where they go with this. Love what they have done with Deep, might be my favorite character right now.

I guess this is the point of not binging the whole season, but does anyone think the head of that church is the head of Vought? After the Deep saw the picture of the boat they were on, the head of Vought (don’t recall his name) has the same picture on his iPad in his meeting. No chance that that lady from the church would have had that picture that fast.

I guess this is the point of not binging the whole season, but does anyone think the head of that church is the head of Vought? After the Deep saw the picture of the boat they were on, the head of Vought (don’t recall his name) has the same picture on his iPad in his meeting. No chance that that lady from the church would have had that picture that fast.
I didn't catch that, but I'd doubt it. Thought it was interesting Stormfront knew exactly what the church was after the Deep was spouting their nonsense.

Got to be someone high up in Vought or the government it seems, but maybe not the main guy at Vought. Definitely a Scientology for Superhero's feel to the religion that they are going for IMO. Likely with some ulterior motive to push the religion to a larger group by targeting the Deep since he used to be a member of the 7 and might can get back in.

Also, I totally LOL'ed at Translucent's coffin.

I didn't catch that, but I'd doubt it. Thought it was interesting Stormfront knew exactly what the church was after the Deep was spouting their nonsense.
Watch that one scene again. They purposely lingered on his iPad showing the picture of the boat from the police helicopter. I thought I recalled the lady from the church showing the Deep that same picture so he knew what to do. He was never contacted by any of the 7 or anyone else from Vought.

Got to be someone high up in Vought or the government it seems, but maybe not the main guy at Vought. Definitely a Scientology for Superhero's feel to the religion that they are going for IMO. Likely with some ulterior motive to push the religion to a larger group by targeting the Deep since he used to be a member of the 7 and might can get back in.

Also, I totally LOL'ed at Translucent's coffin.
Yeah, it’s obvious that it’s part of the story line since Stormfront mentioned it as well. Probably not a coincidence that she knows and that she was added. Now that I think about it, the head of Vought may not be involved with the church but using them for his purposes.

Also, wondering if Stormfront is truly that evil or if she was told to make a mess to highlight her capturing the brother. Makes a lot more news if everyone thinks he killed a bunch of innocents. It was pretty evil still, was not expecting that.

Also, wondering if Stormfront is truly that evil or if she was told to make a mess to highlight her capturing the brother. Makes a lot more news if everyone thinks he killed a bunch of innocents. It was pretty evil still, was not expecting that.

I assume the racial slur when she snuffed him confirms that -- no surprise -- "Stormfront" is indeed a white supremacist.

Binged it over the weekend, Watched all of s1 and the beginning of s2.  First few eps were good, a lot of WTF?!, a lot of fun and OH DAMN! stuff.  Kind of bogged down in the middle of S1, but with hour long eps maybe wasnt the best idea to watch them all in 1 night.  Maybe if I spread them out a few days, would of held my attn better.  The end of s1 and beginning of s2 were good.  Not sure I would rave about the show, but worth watching.

Enjoying it, but agree with some that something isn't quite matching the level of s1...might be the characters coming off a bit more flat/cartoonist. And some action stuff not making a ton of sense (the entire 7 are literally within yards of the Boys, but the tunnel collapse somehow deters the entire group of superheros from catching them)

Looking forward to Homelander and Storefront's inevitable mano-a-mano.

Also, if I'm any kind of aquatic animal- even remotely associated like an amphibian or water bird-, I'm staying as far away as ####### possible from Deep.

The yellow ******* comment certainly confirms the racist aspect. But still wondering if her killing the bystanders was just taking advantage of an opportunity "hey I hate black people, let me kill some of them for fun while I chase this terrorist." Or if it was as you said if she was instructed to cause a lot more damage and mayhem to blame on the terrorist. My guess is a combo of both. There was the line when the head of Vought was negotiating with the government official (Bobbie from Supernatural) about when the Supes were operating in the field what percentage of "collateral damage" was acceptable.

The yellow ******* comment certainly confirms the racist aspect. But still wondering if her killing the bystanders was just taking advantage of an opportunity "hey I hate black people, let me kill some of them for fun while I chase this terrorist." Or if it was as you said if she was instructed to cause a lot more damage and mayhem to blame on the terrorist. My guess is a combo of both. There was the line when the head of Vought was negotiating with the government official (Bobbie from Supernatural) about when the Supes were operating in the field what percentage of "collateral damage" was acceptable.
Good point both of you had and I must have completely missed her comments. I’m starting to rethink if she was told to make it messier to make it bigger news. The only reason is that Homelander admitted at the end of season 1 that he was behind the super villains. The head of Vought could be taking advantage of it.

Nice next episode,

Surprised they were so early on the Stormfront reveal but I guess they only have 8 episodes a season. The obvious spoof of Scientology with the Deep continues. And Homelander is one crazy dude

What do you guys think black noir is up to? Feels like he's second guessing homelander with his butcher research. Liking him this season...looking forward to seeing more.

Slow episode in terms of action, but moved two story lines far forward- butcher wife and storefront. Without that search, what's butchers motivation now?

Stormfront spoilers

Looks like spoiler from the comic someone dropped in here about the characters origins will play out in the show given the info about Liberty, and the Vought head guys speech about Vought’s founder’s origins

That got weird at the end there. 

Homelander is such a great character, and the guy who plays him is great at conveying emotions with just his facial expressions. Casting him was a slam dunk.

Stormfront spoilers

Looks like spoiler from the comic someone dropped in here about the characters origins will play out in the show given the info about Liberty, and the Vought head guys speech about Vought’s founder’s origins
I enjoyed her quick little comment about teeling Homelander he needs to change with the times - for that's what she did

I was confident that this was not the case, and thought it was obvious, but a good friend felt the opposite. So, you are definitely not alone
Yeah, my son (don't worry, he's in college) felt the exact opposite of me and we both thought it was completely obvious.  Turns out he was right.

Good point both of you had and I must have completely missed her comments. I’m starting to rethink if she was told to make it messier to make it bigger news. The only reason is that Homelander admitted at the end of season 1 that he was behind the super villains. The head of Vought could be taking advantage of it.
Yep, you guys were right. I missed her comment but they sure made it 100% obvious. Really confused about why the head of Vought would add her to the 7, when he should be 100% aware of her past and the bush money. Will be interesting because there’s obviously some internal Vought struggles but I’m not sure who’s one what side. Stormfront, Homelander, Head of Vought and the Church. Feels like the last two are somehow intertwined based on the Deep getting the police video that was on the head of Vought’s iPad.

That's what they wanted you to think but when they show her leaving the office she didn't looked pleased at all.

Yeah, that was definitely what they wanted us to think. I concede I was ultimately wrong about this, but I think what was shown (the fact that she was in the room with him for several hours and comes out with what looked to me to be more of a feeling guilty "what have I done" expression) supported the infidelity theory.  Did she find out instantly that she was pregnant?  I can see that providing her with a motive to hide the truth, but before that?

Users who are viewing this thread