Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Boys on Amazon Prime

bigmarc27

5 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Hide contents

Yeah, that was definitely what they wanted us to think. I concede I was ultimately wrong about this, but I think what was shown (the fact that she was in the room with him for several hours and comes out with what looked to me to be more of a feeling guilty "what have I done" expression) supported the infidelity theory.  Did she find out instantly that she was pregnant?  I can see that providing her with a motive to hide the truth, but before that?

Really unsure of the timelines of finding out and disappearing.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, El Floppo said:

That was never going to go well for doppleganger

On 9/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, Charlie Steiner said:

Gotta wonder how that arrangement started.

To be fair, rejecting the arrangement wasn't going to turn out well either.

21 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

Really unsure of the timelines of finding out and disappearing.

I assumed the deal was basically "tell butcher and I'll kill him" up front, more so when she was pregnant. 

I'm just waiting for a train and jubilee to figure out a way to kill Highlander.

i think they just need to inject those brohans with tons of the magic chemical and then they od but that is boring so i hope that the only way to defeat them is by using voltron becuase it would just rule to see butcher actually be the driver of the black lion and kick some homelander kiester like he is nothing but a second rate robeast take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1

Butcher is too central a character not to be the guy who kills Highlander.  It is now the sole reason for his existence since Becca chose the boy over him.  Hughie is involved, but his story is more tied to A-Train & Starlight than Homelander.

And that Stan Edgar guy (aka "Gus" from Breaking Bad) has some brass balls to stand up to Homelander like he does.  Madelyn was scared to death of him and simply tried to manipulate him for her safety, but Stan seemed to actually not be afraid at all.  It was such that I started to wonder if he was actually a Supe himself or was Black Noir.  I guess being the CEO of the most powerful company in the world will give you some confidence, but Homelander doesn't need to operate on the basis of money, so not sure why he would back down for any reason to a mere mortal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

Very true. Just wondering who approached who with the idea, though.  If it was Homelander who initiated it, that makes him even more messed up.  Actually, it's pretty messed up regardless of who proposed it.

I'm sure HL was the one to propose it.  Dude is a complete psychopath and starting to feel rejection has made him go even more insane.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Butcher is too central a character not to be the guy who kills Highlander.  It is now the sole reason for his existence since Becca chose the boy over him.  Hughie is involved, but his story is more tied to A-Train & Starlight than Homelander.

And that Stan Edgar guy (aka "Gus" from Breaking Bad) has some brass balls to stand up to Homelander like he does.  Madelyn was scared to death of him and simply tried to manipulate him for her safety, but Stan seemed to actually not be afraid at all.  It was such that I started to wonder if he was actually a Supe himself or was Black Noir.  I guess being the CEO of the most powerful company in the world will give you some confidence, but Homelander doesn't need to operate on the basis of money, so not sure why he would back down for any reason to a mere mortal.

Interesting. My first reaction was there's no way even noir would be that flippant.

But then.

THE BOYS WIKI although I'm fairly sure the show will change this...

Origin
Black Noir was created as a direct clone of the Homelander by Vought as a fail-safe to kill Homelander if he ever overstepped his bounds. Growing increasingly psychotic as he waited to fulfill his purpose, Black Noir then decided to fulfill his purpose by framing Homelander for various crimes, including rape and cannibalism. Eventually at the White House, he revealed his purpose to Butcher and Homelander. Homelander snapped, but Noir overpowered and killed him. The US military intervened, attacking him with tank and gunfire, but it took Billy beating him with a crowbar and crushing his brain to finally kill him.

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 1

Not a reveal but kinda cool

"Storm Front" is also the name of a Billy Joel album that features the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" which is played in the episode Nothing Like It in the World.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Hide contents

Yeah, that was definitely what they wanted us to think. I concede I was ultimately wrong about this, but I think what was shown (the fact that she was in the room with him for several hours and comes out with what looked to me to be more of a feeling guilty "what have I done" expression) supported the infidelity theory.  Did she find out instantly that she was pregnant?  I can see that providing her with a motive to hide the truth, but before that?

I feel the same way. From the video, she looked like she had just had superhero sex. I still don't trust she is telling Butcher the truth, about being raped. She looked guilty to me when she was talking about how she didn't want Butcher to have gone on the warpath. And I could see that being a big twist when the eventual Homelander/Butcher showdown happens.

5 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel the same way. From the video, she looked like she had just had superhero sex. I still don't trust she is telling Butcher the truth, about being raped. She looked guilty to me when she was talking about how she didn't want Butcher to have gone on the warpath. And I could see that being a big twist when the eventual Homelander/Butcher showdown happens.

And in the moment before he killed Madeline, what motive would Homelander have to lie about what transpired?[/quote]

Just now, bigbottom said:

Reveal hidden contents

And in the moment before he killed Madeline, what motive would Homelander have to lie about what transpired?[/quote]

And it’s not like this is an insignificant plot point. It provides the motivation for what Butcher does next. 

2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Hide contents

I took her post-coital look as disheveled and scared, not guilty. 

they made a point of saying that butcher is like a wind-up toy... she knew that if she told him, he'd go after HL and end up melted. so she kept it to herself. then when she found out she was preggo, vought made her leave- more to protect their own asset than her, IMO. I don't think it was instant, even though one of the false narratives told to HL was that she developed very quickly. 

5 minutes ago, bigbottom said:
6 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Hide contents

And it’s not like this is an insignificant plot point. It provides the motivation for what Butcher does next. 

HL is a sociopath narcissist... rape is very likely consent to him- because wth is going to say no to HL? 

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I took her post-coital look as disheveled and scared, not guilty. 

they made a point of saying that butcher is like a wind-up toy... she knew that if she told him, he'd go after HL and end up melted. so she kept it to herself. then when she found out she was preggo, vought made her leave- more to protect their own asset than her, IMO. I don't think it was instant, even though one of the false narratives told to HL was that she developed very quickly. 

Thankfully I have no experience with either. ;)

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

It was such that I started to wonder if he was actually a Supe himself 

This is exactly what I thought/think too. I just hope he isn’t, feel like the show will just become another “Hero’s” where everyone has super powers.  

8 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

HL is a sociopath narcissist... rape is very likely consent to him- because wth is going to say no to HL? 

Without getting into graphic detail, HL included additional information in his recounting that would indicate a consensual encounter. Of course, he could have been lying I guess. But in that moment, I don’t know why he would. 

9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

This is exactly what I thought/think too. I just hope he isn’t, feel like the show will just become another “Hero’s” where everyone has super powers.  

Agreed. Much cooler if he has stones for reasons other than supe powers. 

And I agree with the point raised above. If Vaught is all about corporate branding, why would they bring on Stormfront?  She is publicly trashing them now. Surely that was expected given her background. I guess it’s to provide further pressure for the military contract?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Agreed. Much cooler if he has stones for reasons other than supe powers. 

And I agree with the point raised above. If Vaught is all about corporate branding, why would they bring on Stormfront?  She is publicly trashing them now. Surely that was expected given her background. I guess it’s to provide further pressure for the military contract?

I'm getting more of a Vought = Hydra vibe and Stormfront is the Red Skull but not straying from the original plan like Red Skull did, at least not yet. For all of Stormfront's 'railing against Vought', she's still welcome at Vought Tower and we're not seeing any internal tension between her and the company, only between her and Homelander.

The contract with the military is a done deal, so there's even less reason for Vought to care about their image, as they're now right where they want to be.  They'll set themselves up as national heroes until they're seen as indispensable to the military by the public. Once they take over the military, taking over the government itself is only a matter of time.

I also think the Compound V 'scandal' is going to turn around quickly, as people with nothing to lose begin volunteering to take it in hopes of getting powers.

As for Stormfront, will her racism 'transcend' just hating non-whites and morph into hatred of non-supes instead (if she isn't already there)? 

3 hours ago, Jayrod said:

Nah, disagree with that. She manipulated him for her own goals and she knew how to do it. I'm actually surprised....

That he was the one that pushed out the V to the rest of the world, I thought for sure it was Stidwell

3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

That’s what I was thinking. I think she knew that if she didn’t comply, he’ll kill her and if she says something her husband will die trying to do what we saw him try to do. He would have died if not for HL saving him.

1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

I do agree with Annie about Almond Joy. They are awesome. 

True story. Went mountain biking woth friends this weekend and camped out for a couple nights. One dude brought a big mixed bag of candy. Only one Almond Joy got eaten. Everything else was gone

And we were all pretty high

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dawgtrails said:

True story. Went mountain biking woth friends this weekend and camped out for a couple nights. One dude brought a big mixed bag of candy. Only one Almond Joy got eaten. Everything else was gone

And we were all pretty high

. . . sometimes you don’t.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Charlie Steiner said:

I also think the Compound V 'scandal' is going to turn around quickly, as people with nothing to lose begin volunteering to take it in hopes of getting powers.

This could be the biggest money maker in history. 

In a very similar light, did anyone else watch Project Power on netflix? It's basically a slight variance on compound V. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

What's gonna happen to Maeve and her lady friend?

Since Homelander outed them, I don't see him, as screwed up as he is, doing anything to her out of jealousy, outside of wanting either a chance to 'convert' her and/or a three-way with both of them. He has a certain amount of respect for Maeve, so I'd guess that whatever he has in mind will be 'mild' by his standards.

Who are we kidding? Homelander is going to make her life a living hell until she either leaves Maeve and goes into hiding, or she kills herself.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:47 PM, dawgtrails said:

What's gonna happen to Maeve and her lady friend?

They're going to team up with starlight and A train and try to kill homeboy. 

But I think the only ones who stand much of a chance against him are stormfront, black noir, and his son. 

15 hours ago, -OZ- said:

They're going to team up with starlight and A train and try to kill homeboy. 

But I think the only ones who stand much of a chance against him are stormfront, black noir, and his son. 

Isn't lamplighter supposed to come back this season? Have a feeling a few more supes wind up on The Boys side.

Anybody else think that black noir was doing independent research about homelander/butcher because his motivation was actually in the right place and saw something that didn't look right?

was a little disappointed to see it was vought ceo pulling the strings 

28 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Anybody else think that black noir was doing independent research about homelander/butcher because his motivation was actually in the right place and saw something that didn't look right?

Hide contents

I don’t know if I specifically thought that, but there’s potential for that character and I hope he’s not just a corporate death robot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecatch said:

I don’t know if I specifically thought that, but there’s potential for that character and I hope he’s not just a corporate death robot. 

Yeah...that's where I was going with the thought and hope- could be really interesting as a silent hero of conscience. What you described, not so much.

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Hide contents

I was wondering but really don't know what to think of BN. He's shown moments of empathy, and maybe a conscience. It gives me some hope that he'll help the boys at some point.

41 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I'm still in this thing, it has its moments, but all the major characters and their stories have become pretty ridiculous even for a comic book story. Almost everything that happens, I find myself asking things like, Why would he do that?  How did they get there? 

:shrug: I never try to think too much while watching super hero stuff. There's holes in every one of them if you want to find them.

42 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I was wondering but really don't know what to think of BN. He's shown moments of empathy, and maybe a conscience. It gives me some hope that he'll help the boys at some point.

Can you remind me of some examples. I’m sure I’ve just forgotten. 

• Like 1