What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Gardner Minshew II - LV (1 Viewer)

kittenmittens said:
We are due for another in the line of the Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Tony Romo out of nowhere star QB.
Agree on the storyline. He just seems to fit the bill in that regard. 

“I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated. That's just the way it is. Let's go to work."

"We may have lost two games this year, but we never lost a party!"

"I done wrastled with an alligator. Tussled with a whale."

"Anybody. Anywhere. Anytime. Don't matter."

Introducing the newest star QB in the NFL... Gardner Minshew

Cool that he is Gardner Minshew II and there isn't a Gardner Minshew the first.

Love the guy and rooting for him. Like Geoff Swaim said, “His confidence gives you confidence”. I believe there is something to that. A guy like Mitch Trubisky may have better physical tools, but Mitch has zero swagger and seemingly little confidence. After 1 week, Gardner Minshew II is the best NFL QB in FLA. Hope he keeps it going. Better stache than Aaron Rodgers!

Gardner Minshew completed 23-of-33 passes for 213 yards and one touchdown in the Jaguars' 13-12, Week 2 loss to the Texans.

Making his first NFL start after Nick Foles' broken collarbone, Minshew was sacked four times and was pretty horrendous in the first half before settling down a bit. He missed a wide-open D.J. Chark early and also overthrew Leonard Fournette on a wheel route that could have become a huge pickup. Minshew, however, nearly pulled off the comeback by hitting D.J. Chark for a four-yard touchdown with 30 seconds left to make it 13-12. The Jaguars went for two, and Fournette was stuffed at the goal line. Minshew led an incredible final drive with his legs, totaling 56 rushing yards on the day to lead the team. Minshew won't be a fantasy option Week 3 against Tennessee.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

I have Big Ben in my main league with no backup. I'm blowing serious FAAB for this guy. I'm a believer in his reads and presence. I watched the HOU game. That's a tough defense per last year's DVOA and this year's DAVE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foles isn't getting the job back at this rate. I thought Minshew would struggle against Tennessee's defense but he looked great. 

Minshew looked way better than his numbers.  Westbrook had 3 drops including 2 bad ones, one of which should have been Minshews 3rd TD. 

There were a lot of WR mistakes on 3rd downs, costing him more yardage as well. 

Went to BW tonight and a large crowd roared with each TD pass. Central Mississippi has historically been Saints territory, but Minshew has an abundance of fans in his home town, fun times!

Gardner Minshew completed 20-of-30 passes for 204 yards and two touchdowns in the Jaguars' 20-7, Week 3 win over the Titans.

Minshew was the best quarterback on the field by a long shot. Despite occasional driving rain, Minshew was giving his receivers the opportunity to make plays down the field, especially sophomore D.J. Chark. Minshew could have had a bigger night, but he received a drop-filled performance from his pass catchers, particularly Dede Westbrook. The slot man muffed at least three passes, including what should have been a 22-yard score on a third quarter third down. Minshew also received no help from his running game. Playing a more aggressive style than most current NFL quarterbacks, let alone rookies, Minshew will have streaming appeal in the right matchups. @DEN for Week 4 probably isn't one of them.

Got outbid for him in 2QB dynasty and I had put in a good bid. Bummed and regret didn't go higher.

Minshew Mania!!!!

Fun kid, seems like a real leader.  I was lucky enough to pick him up in my dynasty league as a flyer in the pre-season.  :thumbup:

Love the story, like the kid, hesitant about the noodle attached to his shoulder.

They're gonna figure that out soon. Maybe he's so poised he gets around it. We'll see.

Love the story, like the kid, hesitant about the noodle attached to his shoulder.

They're gonna figure that out soon. Maybe he's so poised he gets around it. We'll see.
On that back shoulder throw to Chark, I kept wondering was that on purpose like the NFL announcers were assuming or did he just get lucky with the under throw.    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001056749/Gardner-Minshew-delivers-perfect-37-yard-pass-down-sideline-to-D-J-Chark

They were already talking QB controversy when Foles comes back on the post game show.  They also talked to Minshew.  He's going to get hyped. 

I don’t get the arm strength criticism. Quick, decisive release that gets there quick on short/intermediate passes. Deep ball may not be Mahomes like but he seems to throw 40 yards or so with accuracy.

Chark owners want Foles back in but Minshew might go on a run and Foles won't get a chance. 
No they don't.  Chark owners want the best QB throwing to him.  That would be Minshew.

foles threw one long TD to Chark.  Besides that his success has 100% been due to the Shew.

55 MPH at the combine.  Not amazing, but passable.  Gotta have over 49... Except for Deshaun Watson. 
I was gonna ask, but I'll Google what happened with Deshaun. I was gonna take him (Deshaun) early in my drafts this year, got sniped in one and botched one of them, so I really don't have any serious shares of his. I like watching him play. Wait, I don't. The young man gets slaughtered. But he puts up good chunks of points for fantasy, so...

I was gonna ask, but I'll Google what happened with Deshaun. I was gonna take him (Deshaun) early in my drafts this year, got sniped in one and botched one of them, so I really don't have any serious shares of his. I like watching him play. Wait, I don't. The young man gets slaughtered. But he puts up good chunks of points for fantasy, so...
Watson is probably the only successful QB who threw under 50 MPH at the combine. 

Mahomes threw 60, so Minshew is right in between Watson and Mahomes in terms of arm strength, by that measure. 

Watson is probably the only successful QB who threw under 50 MPH at the combine. 

Mahomes threw 60, so Minshew is right in between Watson and Mahomes in terms of arm strength, by that measure. 
Wow, yeah I figured from what you said that he'd failed that. Wonder if he had dead arm, because his arm looks pretty live. Regardless, he's actually criticized for his intermediate accuracy, per PFF, where they had said Minshew's problems stem from deep outs beyond the numbers because of said arm strength issues.

No they don't.  Chark owners want the best QB throwing to him.  That would be Minshew.

foles threw one long TD to Chark.  Besides that his success has 100% been due to the Shew.
Ok as a Chark owner I want Foles back throwing to Chark. You're right I can't speak for anyone else. 

Users who are viewing this thread