What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Week 1 MNF - Texans at Saints - Let the PI Challenges Begin **** (1 Viewer)

Is Fuller a one trick pony. Just gonna take a couple of shots deep to him each game.
Rather than focus on him from an owner stand point, let's open up to some real plays like the play after Hyde smashed 'em, i felt a play action up top to Fuller V was a no brainer but they decided to run into the belly of the line and come up 2nd and long, I didn't get it. However, they are close to scoring anyways so here is where the talent makes even pedestrian coaches look really good. 

But on a night where Hopkins has already missed three catches he usually makes...yeah I might dial up F-V a few more times than I have seen so far. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Texans now scored on 2 of their 4 possessions? Last 2 going into halftime for TDs? 

It just feels like New Orleans cannot play form behind tonight, not sure why that is but it feels that way. If Brees just dinks and dunks 3-4 yds and expects WRs to simply break tackles, this might not work as easy as folks thought. 

Brees threw a red zone Interception, never good. I hate to say this but he makes them feel limited tonight. They need passes down field like immediately. 

Duke is such a dynamic weapon. Deshaun is going to love him. Huge addition to this offense. And Hyde has been running hard. Question is....can he (Hyde) stay healthy? Probably not. 

No. Fuller gets five-seven targets when healthy per game. That's pretty standard. 
You're not incorrect Rock, but I think some folks might feel like Fuller could elevate his game or maybe take it up a notch. Isn't he a 2nd or 3rd year player now? I would hope he might get more than 5 targets a game is I'm a Houston Texans fan, he only stretches the field and makes it even easier underneath to operate. 

I'm kind of scratching my head if the game plan is just 5 targets in 2019, but that said you might be exactly right. 

I hate to say this but he makes them feel limited tonight. They need passes down field like immediately. 
had to check, but on the last drive he did throw downfield. twice.

3rd & 4 at NO 27

(13:35 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep right to J.Cook pushed ob at HST 42 for 31 yards (T.Gipson). Pass 17, YAC 1

1st & 10 at HOU 42

(12:58 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short left to M.Thomas pushed ob at HST 27 for 15 yards (J.Reid). Pass 15, YAC

welcome back MoP.

ESPN needs to change the color of the down flag in the corner of the screen. I keep thinking a penalty flag is down. 

Good thing for Duke owners was that he was in there on 3rd and goal on the line. Most incompetent coaches put their 2 down guy in there and show their hands

You're not incorrect Rock, but I think some folks might feel like Fuller could elevate his game or maybe take it up a notch. Isn't he a 2nd or 3rd year player now? I would hope he might get more than 5 targets a game is I'm a Houston Texans fan, he only stretches the field and makes it even easier underneath to operate. 

I'm kind of scratching my head if the game plan is just 5 targets in 2019, but that said you might be exactly right. 
I agree. I was hoping to see a jump, too, as I roster him in two of my three leagues.

He's also oft-injured and is just coming off an ACL tear. 

They were right to run. 10 seconds but they botched the start time.

@MikePereira: Unless I am crazy, they really mishandled the replay. They should have reset the clock to 41 seconds and then run 10 seconds down to 31. That took 15 seconds away from the Saints.

had to check, but on the last drive he did throw downfield. twice.

3rd & 4 at NO 27

(13:35 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep right to J.Cook pushed ob at HST 42 for 31 yards (T.Gipson). Pass 17, YAC 1

1st & 10 at HOU 42

(12:58 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short left to M.Thomas pushed ob at HST 27 for 15 yards (J.Reid). Pass 15, YAC

welcome back MoP.
Good points PF, I can't say I have watched every throw tonight but every time I am looking it seems like most of the passes are of the short variety. They need to go up top early, not wait until they are down 2 scores. 

All these teams look a little below speed Week 1 but the Saints don't look like a quick strike offense right now. Houston on the flip side looks like they are perfectly capable of scoring quickly but are wanting to move it methodically down the field, that makes sense vs the Saints but I also think it's silly to not strike when you can on offense. Feels like Houston should be up 21-3 right now. 

I don't understand why they took 10 seconds off the clock after the review there. I have the volume off but what would the reason be? It was initiated from the booth. What was the call there? I was waiting for them to put time back on from the 0:26 since a phantom run play was ran before the review word came in.

Users who are viewing this thread