What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week one--Broncos vs Raiders*** (1 Viewer)

Time for Elway to go. Tired of him blowing smoke up Broncos fans ###. New coach looked as bad as the old coach. The team was unprepared and he looked clueless out there. 

They flashed the graphic. He’s the first rookie with 100+ & 2 TDs in his debut since LT.

i didn’t say he was LT.

i said he had the best rookie debut since LT. 

It’s a fact. If you don’t like it; I suggest writing a strongly worded letter to the MNF stat guys  :shrug:

my opinion was that he looked fantastic. He went up & over a wall of defenders for the 1st td, so to frame it as “a short TD” is selling it way short. 

As for them both being short TDs, he still punched it in both times. Checks cashed. And the Broncos have a pretty good run defense, as has been pointed out by many in this topic. Why fixate in YPC? He kept his motor running all game, saving his best for last on that long reception & then the run to help ice the game. Feature back usage is rare in the NFL. Jacobs fits the mold. 

I wasn’t blown away either, but that’s the kid’s first game. Looked like a solid NFL RB to me. I’d be willing to bet he is more productive against weaker run defenses.  
I guess what I'm saying is that we've seen better/more impressive debuts since LT. 100 total yards is not especially impressive when garnering 85% of a teams RB touches. And two TDs isn't a rare feat for RBs.

I'm not trying to knock the guy...he looked good...but best debut since LT is a ridiculous statement

I guess what I'm saying is that we've seen better/more impressive debuts since LT. 100 total yards is not especially impressive when garnering 85% of a teams RB touches. And two TDs isn't a rare feat for RBs.

I'm not trying to knock the guy...he looked good...but best debut since LT is a ridiculous statement
And again - I didn’t make the statement, the broadcast crew did. 

The bolded part above is what should be most impressive to FF owners though. 

There aren't that manny RBs garnering that  sort of workload at all, rookie or otherwise. 

Jacobs was a bargain at his late3rd/early 4th round ADP, considering where many of the backs ahead of him in timeshares were taken. 

Users who are viewing this thread