What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2019 OFFENSE/DEFENSE CONTEST WEEK 2 (1 Viewer)

Now that I've spotted most of you over 50 points...

Offense

1: Bucs 17

2: Ravens

Defense

1: Broncos -24

2: Patriots

May have to consider a Dolphins rule next season where you can only go against a team once in each category.

-QG

May have to consider a Dolphins rule next season where you can only go against a team once in each category.

-QG
I think that would begin to make things too complicated to keep track of.  Also, I think it is a legitimate strategy; not everyone may follow it, and who is to say it will be the winning strategy?

Despite what I said above, the matchup is just too good to pass up this week.

+20

Used

Offense:  New Orleans

Defense:  Baltimore

Week #2:

Offense:  New England

Defense:  New England

As a first timer, am I to understand this is not like golf, so my 10 under is not good?

Used O: TB

Used D : Philly

Week 2

Offense: KC

Defense: Houston

I honestly believe NE/Mia will not be the largest spread of the week.  But picking which of the other games is the one to edge it out was too hard so I'll join the herd:

OFF: NE
DEF: NE

Used:
OFF:  SEA
DEF:  BAL

Edit to add:  Note to self...SayWhat? posted his week 2 picks in the week 1 thread.  Include them when this week's spreadsheet is constructed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to ban the Dolphins from this lol
Just evens the playing field a little. Gotta deviate to win.

And umm... can’t use the division foes for 4 games. 

Cant recall if we were playing this during the Browns’ (or Lions’) 0-16 season. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough people have Cleveland or New York that I won't post standings yet, but so far the "always pick against Miami" group is running away with it, and the second tier is entirely populated by people who made 3 Miami picks out of 4. 

Unless Cleveland posts 50 tomorrow, I was wrong about there being a better match than NE-Mia anywhere on the slate tonight.

@bro1ncos @Utter Chaos @a_rackowski @Nugget @jdkapow @Cowboysfan8 @scoobus  Not to late to play using the MNF game...you guys had week 1 entries but not week 2.

(Also, perfectly acceptable to keep going in week 3 while "taking the zero" in week 2.  Enough people will post negative weeks over the season that you still have a chance to claw back to respectable scores!)

Used:

Offense: Philly 

Defense: Seattle 

Week 2

Off - Cleveland 

Def - Cleveland 

Thanks for the reminder

Here we go...New England rules the roost, but the latecomers manage to bank +20 on the MNF contest.  Strong week all around, very few negatives left.  Only lost 3 players so far, who can still come back for week 3!

Faust  92
QuizGuy66  92
Riffraff  75
SayWhat?  72
cdwood  63
TheWinz  63
Dr. Dan  60
kutta  60
Arodin  54
Deamon  53
Dr. Octopus  48
ZWK  45
Pip's Invitation  44
bro1ncos  32
Mr. Irrelevant  28
a_rackowski  23
by_the_sea_wannabe  22
Nugget20
-OZ-  16
Maggot Brain  16
IHEARTFF  12
Cowboysfan8  12
Utter Chaos  7
needanap  6
Neil Beaufort Zod  4
valhallan  -1
jdkapow  -6
scoobus  -10
Obie Wan  -14

This week's "pet peeve" is:  people with #s at the end of their username.  "Oh look, QuizGuy is winning handily with 6692 points!"  Oh, wait...

Honorable mention to people with - signs there who score negative totals (looking at you in week 1, -OZ-.  Thanks for pulling it up this week!)

Here we go...New England rules the roost, but the latecomers manage to bank +20 on the MNF contest.  Strong week all around, very few negatives left.  Only lost 3 players so far, who can still come back for week 3!

Faust  92
QuizGuy66  92
Riffraff  75
SayWhat?  72
cdwood  63
TheWinz  63
Dr. Dan  60
kutta  60
Arodin  54
Deamon  53
Dr. Octopus  48
ZWK  45
Pip's Invitation  44
bro1ncos  32
Mr. Irrelevant  28
a_rackowski  23
by_the_sea_wannabe  22
Nugget20
-OZ-  16
Maggot Brain  16
IHEARTFF  12
Cowboysfan8  12
Utter Chaos  7
needanap  6
Neil Beaufort Zod  4
valhallan  -1
jdkapow  -6
scoobus  -10
Obie Wan  -14

This week's "pet peeve" is:  people with #s at the end of their username.  "Oh look, QuizGuy is winning handily with 6692 points!"  Oh, wait...

Honorable mention to people with - signs there who score negative totals (looking at you in week 1, -OZ-.  Thanks for pulling it up this week!)
I can still blow my 6600 point lead, don't worry :)

-QG

FYI: I'm +14. 
You are correct, of course.  There were a handful of errors in week 2, owing to the fact that some people listed their "used" teams first, others listed their new teams first, and I didn't always note it right.  In your case it was a typo:  I had Philly allowing 10 more points in your game than in everyone else's.

Good reminder to please track your own scores as you go to, so you can catch anything I goof up.  Revised standings:

Faust  92
QuizGuy66  92
Riffraff  75
SayWhat?  72
cdwood  63
TheWinz  63
Dr. Dan  60
kutta  60
Arodin  54
Deamon  53
Dr. Octopus  48
ZWK  45