What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things you REALLY DON'T need to know.. (1 Viewer)

Azzurri

Footballguy
NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW

From the upgrade/downgrade report (Tue Sep 10): Coutee wasn't healthy enough to play in Week 1 and Kenny Stills had a big touchdown to seal a role in the offense going forward,

so Coutee won't come back to the same role he had before his injury and the acquisition of Stills. He's not an essential hold in short bench leagues.

The above Utter nonsense at this point!!!!!!  Coutee had 11 catches over 100 yards and a TD in a PLAYOFF game last year which was also the last game he was healthy!!!

Coutee When healthy is the starting slot WR for the Texans and WILL get his reps, Watson and he are on the same page and Coutee is his favorite Target outside DHop..Who writes this stuff is the question? I don't think we've ever been told, this and the FBG views under news blurbs on the blogger pages are sometimes quite laughable and terribly off or just wrong It's just wrong to tell the masses to all but drop Coutee before we see how well he will or will not do..

Im telling you to stick with Coutee when healthy he should pay you off nicely in the end..this kind of talk is nonsense imo as is ALOT of the footballguys views posted on the news blogger....do your own homework as this kind of talk will set you back.

###

so wish I had more time to post the thoughts and views here that are sometimes very bad or out and out wrong...whoever rights that stuff needs to be overlooked because I've had many a laugh over ALOT of it..just saying..David you should know better..

If I'm wrong I'll come back and admit but something tells me I won't be able to find the thread...back to work for me as I'd I had more time for this stuff I'd be here every other day...oh well back at it here!

In dynasty of course he’s a hold. For redraft? I think there are a number of other guys that were on the week 1 ww that would be more useful (and get consistent target share.)

Sure he had 11/110/1 in a game where they didn’t have will fuller (or stills) and were down 21-0 at halftime. Stills will siphon targets. Fuller will get targets. Duke will get targets. Coutee will get targets too.  If fuller goes down again then I’m a little more on board. For dynasty he’s absolutely a hold. 

In redraft short bench look at your roster and trust your gut.  If you’re strong at WR and weak at QB drop if you need too.

woulda loved to keep him but I got Cam as my QB. 

To Groak is to look longingly after some wanted object, and specifically, to longingly watch someone while they eat in the hope of being invited to join them.
When you have figs in your haversack, everyone seeks your friendship.

Make ducks have corkscrew penises.

Female ducks have corkscrew vaginas, but in the opposite direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tool said:
I agree on Coutee. Would not drop and would be trying to acquire.
He’s on my WW, and I’ve been trying to figure out who to drop for him.

Stills is better than he looked in MIA though, and the Texans have been kind of cagey about Coutee’s status. That, plus the acquisition of Stills, makes me think maybe he’s more hurt than they’re letting on. 

Back on topic: Men carry their new brides across the theshold as a symbolic rape, in order to maintain the image of chastity of the bride. Basically, If she went willingly she’d look like a slut.  

The reason it’s called a threshold is because in the Middle Ages, only the very wealthy had hewn stone flooring, while everyone else had dirt floors that were covered in straw (thresh). 

A stick was placed in the doorway in order to keep the straw in when coming & going, thus a literal thresh hold. 

The blood orange is the 2nd highest fruit in antioxidants to the blueberry, and the only member of the citrus family that has any.  

On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.

It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

The house fly hums in the middle octave key of F. 

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur. 

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. 

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite. 

And to keep it literary:

The original story from "Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights" begins, "Aladdin was a little Chinese boy." 

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

The "pound" key on your keyboard (#) is called an octotroph. 

The "dot" over the letter "i" is called a tittle. 

Back on topic: Men carry their new brides across the theshold as a symbolic rape, in order to maintain the image of chastity of the bride. Basically, If she went willingly she’d look like a slut.  

The reason it’s called a threshold is because in the Middle Ages, only the very wealthy had hewn stone flooring, while everyone else had dirt floors that were covered in straw (thresh). 

A stick was placed in the doorway in order to keep the straw in when coming & going, thus a literal thresh hold. 
Oooh, Medieval facts! Great one!

Here's another -- all spiral Medieval staircases are clockwise to prevent right handed knights who were invading from using their sword hand easily. A left-handed knight would have easily avoided this problem...except for the fact that people who were left-handed could not become knights, seeing as how left-handedness was equated with evil back in those days.

Here's another -- all spiral Medieval staircases are clockwise to prevent right handed knights who were invading from using their sword hand easily. A left-handed knight would have easily avoided this problem...except for the fact that people who were left-handed could not become knights, seeing as how left-handedness was equated with evil back in those days.
Back in those days?????  What about red heads????

“Sleep tight & don’t let the bed bugs bite” is literal.

Not what we think of as bedbugs, but people slept on mattresses suspended by rope over their aforementioned dirt floors. 

Before bed, one had to tighten the ropes on the corners so that the bed wouldn’t sink low enough for the creepy crawlers to come feast on you. 

So “sleep tight” doesn’t mean you’re tucked in, it means your bed ropes are tightened up. 

That’s awesome. 

Not what we think of as bedbugs, but people slept on mattresses suspended by rope over their aforementioned dirt floors. 

Before bed, one had to tighten the ropes on the corners so that the bed wouldn’t sink low enough
Reminds me of my nights sleeping on an air mattress that was great at bedtime but almost flat on the floor by morning.

The little holes on the top of pen caps were created to prevent suffocating if (when) the cap accidently got swallowed.
The back end, for those of us with tendencies towards bruxing, gnashing teeth, or otherwise chomping, is always the sweet spot on the Bic ballpoint. Once that is removed, you can chew the end forever, or until the drool spills all over your paper. 

:bag:

Here’s one that is near and dear to my heart… The labrador retriever has long been thought of as a hunting dog/Bird dog.

In fact, labs first came over to great Britain on Labrador fishing boats,  and when hauling in nets of fish, if a large fish escaped back into the water, the Labrador retriever would dive into the water to get the fish before it could put out enough energy to escape. 

Webbed feet and a waterproof layer of coat help the black lab as a swimmer and as insulation against the frigid water. 

The English saw this, and thought they might make useful hunting dogs. 

Here’s one that is near and dear to my heart… The labrador retriever has long been thought of as a hunting dog/Bird dog.

In fact, labs first came over to great Britain on Labrador fishing boats,  and when hauling in nets of fish, if a large fish escaped back into the water, the Labrador retriever would dive into the water to get the fish before it could put out enough energy to escape. 

Webbed feet and a waterproof layer of coat help the black lab as a swimmer and as insulation against the frigid water. 

The English saw this, and thought they might make useful hunting dogs. 
I grew up with a male black lab on each fence. Great dogs and yet total doofusses at the same time. Played a lot of take the stick away.

Walter Frederick Morrison had an idea for a product after throwing lard popcorn tin lids with his girlfriend.  However, he found that cake pans were  better than lard can lids and his business became "Flyin Cake Pans".  He also used other names like the Pluto Patter and Flyin Saucer.  Ultimately (pun intended), the name morphed into Frisbee, based on using pie tins from the Frisbie Pie Company.

How about some NFL-related things you didn't need to know?

• The coldest Superbowl (Cowboys/Dolphins, 39 degrees) and the hottest Superbowl (Perfect Dolphins/Redskins, 84 degrees) were played one year apart.
  • Speaking of the Skins, WAS kicker Mark Moseley has any many NFL MVP awards as John Elway, Dan Marino, Marshall Faulk, Walter Payton, O.J. Simpson, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Emmitt Smith and Terry Bradshaw.
  • The NFL used to have a "loser" bracket, the Bert Bell Benefit Bowl, where the runners-up in each conference played each other for third place. This loser bowl lasted for 10 years.
  • Only one 0-4 team has ever made the playoffs — the '92 San Diego Chargers.
  • 35% of replay reviews get overturned.
  • There have been 373 sets of brothers who have played in the NFL.
  • An NFL football game has been played on every day of the week, inlcuding Tuesday (2010 snow game in Philadelphia) and Wednesday (season opener in 2012, moved to not interfere with Obama’s acceptance speech)
  • The Lombardi trophy costs $25K
  • Hollywood NFL facts: Fred Dreyer (TV's Hunter) is the only player with two safeties in one game.
  • First televised football game drew 500 viewers.

Walter Frederick Morrison had an idea for a product after throwing lard popcorn tin lids with his girlfriend.  However, he found that cake pans were  better than lard can lids and his business became "Flyin Cake Pans".  He also used other names like the Pluto Patter and Flyin Saucer.  Ultimately (pun intended), the name morphed into Frisbee, based on using pie tins from the Frisbie Pie Company.
I thought Clint Eastwood invented Frisbees inadvertently in an effort to save his friend from being shot by Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen over a matter of $80

I thought Clint Eastwood invented Frisbees inadvertently in an effort to save his friend from being shot by Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen over a matter of $80
That's where things get squirrelly.   The friend, Emmet "Doc" Brown, was shot in the back by Tannen and it was noted on his headstone that he was shot in the back over said $80.   As most know, Doc was a time traveler and, apparently, had taken a prototype Frisbee (of Morrison's invention) back in time with him.  So, regardless of the timeline you're on, WFM still gets the credit.

Cleopatra is closer in time to the moon landings than to the building of the pyramids.

Humans are closer in time to a T Rex than T Rex is to a Stegosaurus. 

A duck's quack doesn't echo.

It is impossible to sneeze and keep your eyes open. 

If you spell out the letters in our numbers, like o-n-e, t-w-o, you have to go all the way to 1000 before you use the letter A. You're welcome.

Before bed, one had to tighten the ropes on the corners so that the bed wouldn’t sink low enough for the creepy crawlers to come feast on you. 

So “sleep tight” doesn’t mean you’re tucked in, it means your bed ropes are tightened up. 

That’s awesome. 
This is probably the only way to sleep on a college futon as well. Suspended over that nasty thing with ropes.

Users who are viewing this thread