What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Why in Gods name did Pelosi not wait until the transcript was released???  If this is another nothing they are going to hand Trump another 4 years!!
also my hunch is that she must know a lot worse is coming, otherwise she would not have pulled the trigger
2 Truths I've discovered:

1. Don't expect anyone associated with Trump to do the right thing.
2. Don't expect anyone opposed to Trump to have secret info about him that will cause him political harm.

2 Truths I've discovered:

1. Don't expect anyone associated with Trump to do the right thing.
2. Don't expect anyone opposed to Trump to have secret info about him that will cause him political harm.
i don't think it's "secret info" per se, we (the public) know the whistleblower has alleged a course of conduct with multiple bad acts and this is not limited to one blackmail phone call. my bet is pelosi and team have some indication already of what those bad acts were, otherwise they would not have pulled the trigger on this at this juncture. 

i guess we'll find out soon enough! 

eta: ted lieu tweeted that ukrainian government officials complained to congress about trump's conduct, get the sense they may know a bit more under the surface here? https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1176702838426284033?s=19

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think it's "secret info" per se, we (the public) know the whistleblower has alleged a course of conduct with multiple bad acts and this is not limited to one blackmail phone call. my bet is pelosi and team have some indication already of what those bad acts were, otherwise they would not have pulled the trigger on this at this juncture. 

i guess we'll find out soon enough! 
Maybe the whistleblower is someone that is held in such high prestige no republican would possibly question their intention.  Hell, the writing has gotten so lazy this season the whistleblower may be Trump himself. 

Maybe the whistleblower is someone that is held in such high prestige no republican would possibly question their intention.  Hell, the writing has gotten so lazy this season the whistleblower may be Trump himself. 
Final season Dexter-like.  All Trump needs to do now is profess his sexual attraction to a close relation like his....daughter.

My laptop was closed, and the lights out for the night, but this nagging question wouldn't go away...

Why on earth would Dems play the impeachment card on THIS? Given all the supposed indiscretions of this President, they decide to play the card on THIS, an as yet unproven accusation that Trump did a certain something, the same something that Joe Biden openly brags about doing while he was VP?

Not only is the evidence more and more fleeting by the minute, but even if it was somehow proven true, their own leading candidate brazenly laughs about doing the same thing with an added dose of nepotism thrown in.

Is this real life?

Last edited by a moderator:
My laptop was closed, and the lights out for the night, but this nagging question wouldn't go away...

Why on earth would Dems play the impeachment card on THIS? Given all the supposed indiscretions of this President, they decide to play the card on THIS, an as yet unproven accusation that Trump did a certain something, the same something that Joe Biden openly brags about doing while he was VP?

Not only is the evidence more and more fleeting by the minute, but even if it was somehow proven true, their own leading candidate brazenly laughs about doing the same thing with an added dose of nepotism thrown in.

Is this real life?
Your comment about Joe Biden doing the same thing is completely wrong. 

Is this real life?
You are asking the right questions and we may find out tomorrow.  Impeachment has been tossed around so much that it is starting to lose it's thump. 

I personally don't think this will end well for Dems, but I'll wait to see it all play out.  Calling for impeachment before seeing a transcript does seem premature to me. 

The latest excuse by Trump as to why he chose to withhold the money to Ukraine turns out to be a total lie: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/politics/trumps-misleading-defense-for-withholding-assistance-to-ukraine.amp.html

Not only do the other European nations contribute everything they’re supposed to Ukraine, there is no record of Trump ever raising the issue before today. 

So that’s two lies now- the first one that it was about corruption (which Pence also repeated- But if so why has Trump never raised this issue before and why was his only example of it the false Biden story from several years ago?) and the complaint that other nations don’t contribute to Ukraine. We’re going to find out that Trump had no plausible reason for withholding that money- and we all know why he did it. 

As far as the transcript being released tomorrow, if it mentions Biden at all, that alone makes Trump guilty of an impeachable offense. 

If it doesn’t mention Biden, after Trump already admitted it, then we can assume it was doctored. We all need to remind ourselves that, prior to the Watergate tapes being released, transcripts were offered that were heavily doctored in favor of Nixon (and when the tapes were finally released, 15 minutes of them had been erased by Rosemary Woods, Nixon’s Secretary.) 

Exactly. Biden threatened to withhold  aid until US terms were met. Trump threatened to withhold aid until HIS terms were met, which had to do with helping him win an election. 
A and B are both the same.  Motive may be the only difference, but the actions were the same. Also we haven't seen the transcripts, how do we know what his exact demands were?

As far as the transcript being released tomorrow, if it mentions Biden at all, that alone makes Trump guilty of an impeachable offense. 

If it doesn’t mention Biden, after Trump already admitted it, then we can assume it was doctored. We all need to remind ourselves that, prior to the Watergate tapes being released, transcripts were offered that were heavily doctored in favor of Nixon (and when the tapes were finally released, 15 minutes of them had been erased by Rosemary Woods, Nixon’s Secretary.) 
He can mention Biden without it being impeachable.  Where do you get your legal information? 

They have reported that there are no tapes either only transcripts. 

A and B are both the same.  Motive may be the only difference, but the actions were the same. Also we haven't seen the transcripts, how do we know what his exact demands were?
Isn't that what this "impeachment inquiry' is about?

There is Trump saying in the past he would listen to a foreign nation that said they had dirt on an opponent, maybe he'd tell the FBI maybe not. Trump himself has changed his story around repeatedly about this. His lawyer has said Trump did this. He withheld money from the Ukraine just before this call.

How much needs to happen before Congress looks into it?

He can mention Biden without it being impeachable.  Where do you get your legal information? 

They have reported that there are no tapes either only transcripts. 
A high crime is not a legal crime necessarily. It can be any abuse of power. If he sought information about Joe Biden that is an impeachable offense. 

The General said:
Isn't that what this "impeachment inquiry' is about?

There is Trump saying in the past he would listen to a foreign nation that said they had dirt on an opponent, maybe he'd tell the FBI maybe not. Trump himself has changed his story around repeatedly about this. His lawyer has said Trump did this. He withheld money from the Ukraine just before this call.

How much needs to happen before Congress looks into it?
I'm fine with them looking into it.  I'm not sure how far it goes.  If he did something he shouldn't have, get him out of there.  We will find out with the transcript tomorrow. 

Max Power said:
So what do we do if it was Ukraine who brought up Joe and Hunter Biden?  Not a big deal right?
If Biden did something dirty, #### him. Send him up the river as well.

My understanding is that the thing people are hanging their hat on with Biden and this is that Biden said you have to fire this Ukrainian prosecutor when everyone wanted the guy fired.

Why are you looking so hard for a way out of this? 
out of what Tim??!?!?!  We haven't even seen the transcript. 

I'm only pointing out that anything Ukraine said about Joe or Hunter is now also public record.  So just so you know that is in play as well. 

I'm fine with them looking into it.  I'm not sure how far it goes.  If he did something he shouldn't have, get him out of there.  We will find out with the transcript tomorrow. 
I don’t expect the transcript ( possibly doctored) to reveal anything we don’t already know and will contain no quid pro quo conversation. The whistleblower interview and complaint will be interesting but obviously we won’t every hear the interview and there will likely be classified information that will not be revealed to the public when we do see it but that won’t be for some time. We will be left to discuss the transcript which will be downplayed as a nothingburger for however long it takes until we see the final whistleblower report in 1 to 3 weeks.

I don’t expect the transcript ( possibly doctored) to reveal anything we don’t already know and will contain no quid pro quo conversation. The whistleblower interview and complaint will be interesting but obviously we won’t every hear the interview and there will likely be classified information that will not be revealed to the public when we do see it but that won’t be for some time. We will be left to discuss the transcript which will be downplayed as a nothingburger for however long it takes until we see the final whistleblower report in 1 to 3 weeks.
Ed Henry reported he talked to a senior official who has seen the transcript and there is no smoking gun.  However there will be a couple words in there that will raise eyebrows and cause problems for the white house. 

Juxtatarot said:
Is your point that this isn’t a quote directly asking for an investigation? That it’s only implied?

If it later comes out that he directly asked, will that be enough for you to support impeachment?
No. It will be spun as usual

moleculo said:
I learned today that the White House is leary of audio tapes since Nixon.  There will be transcripts but no audio.
I for one totally trust that the White House will release accurate transcripts without any information being omitted.  

The Dems are getting played by a conman with no ethics or moral character.  

McConnell okaying this tells you everything you need to know.  

Nothing burger.  

Here are the facts:

some   Anonymous  Source reports a conversation he didn’t hear or see. 

Democrats say they are going to impeach without even reading transcript. 

Trump immediately says he will release conversation. 

Trump would not do this so easily if he thought it was something. He’s again playing chess to the Democrats checkers. 

Trumps poll numbers keep going up. Dems have lost their collective minds over this guy. 

So Pelosi had two very important decisions today, once the impeachment inquiry became a reality. She made one and put the other off. 

The first decision was whether or not to convene a new panel for impeachment. Moderates wanted her to do it; liberals led by AOC preferred Nadler and the judiciary committee handling the main inquiry. Moderates are concerned about Nadler’s mishandling of the Lewandowski hearing. Pelosi went along with the liberals reportedly mainly because of time; a new panel would cause lots of delays. 

The second decision was whether or not to focus solely on Ukraine or use the impeachment to bring in McGann and all of the Mueller stuff. That’s what the liberals want. The moderates want to put the Mueller stuff aside for now amd concentrate on Ukraine. Pelosi put this decision off for the moment. 

These decisions aren’t easy, and they will likely affect the future of the Democratic Party. 

Nothing burger.  

Here are the facts :

some   Anonymous  Source reports a conversation he didn’t hear or see. 

Democrats say they are going to impeach without even reading transcript. 

Trump immediately says he will release conversation. 

Trump would not do this so easily if he thought it was something. He’s again playing chess to the Democrats checkers. 

Trumps poll numbers keep going up. Dems have lost their collective minds over this guy. 
There’s not a single fact in this post. 

Users who are viewing this thread