Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

snitwitch

reading the opening statement, sondland explicitly calls it quid pro quo WRT white house visit in exchange for public announcements of investigations.  He says he assumed the military aide followed suit and made that clear to the Ukranians but he didn't hear that directly from the president.

If there's any wiggle room, its that - there was QPQ for a whitehouse visit but not military aide.  Of course, that begs the question: why was the aide held up? 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, moleculo said:

reading the opening statement, sondland explicitly calls it quid pro quo WRT white house visit in exchange for public announcements of investigations.  He says he assumed the military aide followed suit and made that clear to the Ukranians but he didn't hear that directly from the president.

If there's any wiggle room, its that - there was QPQ for a whitehouse visit but not military aide.  Of course, that begs the question: why was the aide held up? 

Jordan's head might explode. 

again though watch his opening statement be different than what has been leaked i am just not believing it until i hear it read take that to the bank again which i apparently have to you all standing in line at a lot this morning brochachos

• Thanks 1

Assuming the testimony is as damning as the opening statement makes it appear to be, this has to be a start of major chain reaction. It might be a race between Pompeo, Mulvaney, Pence and Rudy to see  who will flip next. I’d expect at least one major resignation by the end of the week.

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1 ·7m

Schiff: We have not received a single document from the State Dept. ... Those documents bear directly on this investigation and this impeachment inquiry. I think we know now ... the knowledge of this scheme was far and wide and included, among others Secretary Pompeo and the VP.

:popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

It appears that Nunes didn't read Sondlond's opening remarks. Apologizes to him that he is here today to be smeared. Thinks he is a friendly witness.

That's what stood out to me. He's oblivious, I'm guessing the Republicans go after him in the second part of his testimony if things don't go well.

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Schiff: We have not received a single document from the State Dept. ... Those documents bear directly on this investigation and this impeachment inquiry. I think we know now ... the knowledge of this scheme was far and wide and included, among others Secretary Pompeo and the VP.

And Nunes counter is to complain about not being about to interview Hunter Biden and the Whistleblower.

Just now, whoknew said:

Nunes just compared Trump to George Washington. :lmao:

So I don't get in trouble - I don't think he is correct for reasons to numerous to explain in this post.

Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

Impeach George Washington. As if his childish antics isn't embarrassing enough. :lmao:

you know what brohans to heck with it lets impeach george washington like nunes wants take that to the bank 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

From Sondland's statement (pg 3-4):

Lack of Documents

But, I also must acknowledge that this process has been challenging and, in many respects, less than fair. I have not had access to all of my phone records, State Department emails, and other State Department documents. And I was told I could not work with my EU Staff to pull together the relevant files. Having access to the State Department materials would have been very helpful to me in trying to reconstruct with whom I spoke and met, when, and what was said.

As Ambassador, I have had hundreds of meetings and calls with individuals. But I am not a note taker, nor am I a memo writer. Never have been. My job requires speaking with heads of state and senior government officials every day. Talking with foreign leaders might be memorable to some people. But this is my job. I do it all the time.

My lawyers and I have made multiple requests to the State Department and the White House for these materials. Yet, these materials were not provided to me. They have also refused to share these materials with this Committee. These documents are not classified and, in fairness, should have been made available. In the absence of these materials, my memory has not been perfect. And I have no doubt that a more fair, open, and orderly process of allowing me to read the State Department records would have made this process more transparent.

• Like 3