What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

@realDonaldTrump: ....to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!
The GOP probably won't be able to help themselves by resting on this to go after Sondland but they'll regret it.

So, just to reiterate - this is why you have the witnesses go first that they did.  Because Sondland had to make a decision.  And so far it appears he made the one that will let him get out of this with a reputation by telling some significant portion of the truth.
The Democrats have messed a lot of things up, this is not one of them. Props to Nancy too for holding the troops back knowing Trump would do something worse.

So Sondland wants to be an important person. He paid $1mil to be an Ambassador. This Ukraine thing became a something bigger than he could even imagine. He now gets to be 1000x more important than an Ambassador. 
Oh I think he gets a footnote in history for sure. 

My lord, it's funny Nunes kept mentioning a circus because I can't even imagine what the GOP questioning is gonna look like today.

p14 of Sondland's written opening statement:

"Quid Pro Quo

I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a “quid pro quo?” As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes. Mr. Giuliani conveyed to Secretary Perry, Ambassador Volker, and others that President Trump wanted a public statement from President Zelensky committing to investigations of Burisma and the 2016 election. Mr. Giuliani expressed those requests directly to the Ukrainians. Mr. Giuliani also expressed those requests directly to us. We all understood that these prerequisites for the White House call and White House meeting reflected President Trump’s desires and requirements."

WhatsApp :lol:  
Most cell phone carriers in Europe charge for SMS usage.  So WhatsApp is the text message delivery method of choice over there.  Still hilarious to hear phrases like "via a WhatsApp message" during Congressional testimony, but there's a "when in Rome" element to it.  (There's probably also an advantage of making those messages a little tougher to find, but I have no expertise on that.)

p14 of Sondland's written opening statement:

"Quid Pro Quo

I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a “quid pro quo?” As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes. Mr. Giuliani conveyed to Secretary Perry, Ambassador Volker, and others that President Trump wanted a public statement from President Zelensky committing to investigations of Burisma and the 2016 election. Mr. Giuliani expressed those requests directly to the Ukrainians. Mr. Giuliani also expressed those requests directly to us. We all understood that these prerequisites for the White House call and White House meeting reflected President Trump’s desires and requirements."
Ah.   Bye, Rudy.

Kyle Cheney@kyledcheney·2m

Sondland goes off script to note that LISA KENNA was his conduit to Pompeo and says she would print out emails for Pompeo to read. He then reads from an email he sent her about the statement for 2016/Burisma investigation. She said she'd pass to Pompeo.

🎶We don't need no water, let the...... burn.... 🎶

I can picture a team of lawyers in the oval office playing a monkey in the middle type game with Trump's phone, throwing it to another lawyer the second Trump gets close. It is the only way to prevent some tweets that probably would not help a legal case. Either that or the prune juice has not kicked in yet. 

Who cares about the Ukraine?  It’s way oversized on the Risk board

Last edited by a moderator:
Most cell phone carriers in Europe charge for SMS usage.  So WhatsApp is the text message delivery method of choice over there.  Still hilarious to hear phrases like "via a WhatsApp message" during Congressional testimony, but there's a "when in Rome" element to it.  (There's probably also an advantage of making those messages a little tougher to find, but I have no expertise on that.)
Yeah - my sister first turned me on to WhatsApp several years ago - she works in Admissions for an East-coast university, handling international admissions - and since she travels alot in Europe and Asia she said WhatsApp is the best, most consistent, way to get a hold of when she is traveling.

Mr. Vice President has some questions to answer:

"September 1 – Warsaw Meeting There was a September 1 meeting with President Zelensky in Warsaw. Unfortunately President Trump’s attendance at the Warsaw meeting was cancelled due to Hurrican Dorian. Vice President Pence attended instead. I mentioned to Vice President Pence before the meetings with the Ukrainians that I had concerns that the delay in aid had become tied to the issue of investigations. I recall mentioning that before the Zelensky meeting. During the actual meeting, President Zelensky raised the issue of security assistance directly with Vice President Pence. The Vice President said he would speak to President Trump about it. Based on my communications with Secretary Pompeo, I felt comfortable sharing my concerns with Mr. Yermak. In a very brief pull-aside conversation, that happened within a few seconds, I told Mr. Yermak that I believed that the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine took some kind of action on the public statement that we had been discussing for many weeks."

Maggie Haberman . White House Correspondent

It is striking, over and over again, how Sondland keeps reading from a lengthy list of names of who knew what about the pressure campaign on Ukraine.

Among those names was Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff. Pompeo and Pence were also on the list.

Those three men are the ones who have remained the biggest question marks in terms of who knew what. Sondland is explicitly saying they all knew something.

To your earlier point, Michael, most every defense that Republicans have offered of Trump crumbles against Sondland’s testimony. But that doesn’t mean Republicans will stop using them.

And this is also another reminder of why the White House’s widespread credibility problem, created by the president’s lack of truthfulness on matters big and small over the last five years, is so corrosive over time. When Trump officials inevitably say that Sondland isn’t being truthful, they will get less of the benefit of the doubt.

“Again, everyone was in the loop,” Sondland says, backing up the bus and then driving it forward again.

Is the cover up worse than the qpq?
No. But it’s bad.

I know that many Trump supporters have assumed that a lot of us (Trump critics) love this, that we’re thinking “Yeah we got him!” But I feel sick to my stomach right now and I’ll bet a lot of other folks do too. 

He's trying to claim that he didn't know that Burisma meant the Bidens - same thing Volker said. This is absolute garbage. Rudy was all over TV way before that talking about digging up dirt about the Bidens in Ukraine and their involvement with Burisma.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump 8 Oct 2019

I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public....
:drive:

I haven't followed this much but seen many "run ups" in threads of how Trump is toast and it never happens.  Is this really any different?  Something actual going to happen to Trump before his term is up?

Users who are viewing this thread