What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I wonder if the GOP members realize nothing they ask now will matter.  The talking points have been written.  The pundits, on both sides, already know how they will frame today.

Yep.  It left out the most important information of the day.
Did you read the part where he stated "There was a quid pro quo." ? Did you also follow the testimony in which Sondland stated that he was instructed by President Trump to do what Giuliani wanted, and Giuliani informed him of the quid pro quo"?

No quid pro quo.  Sondland confirmed it.
SCHIFF:

You've testified Mulvaney was aware of this quid pro quo, of this condition, the Ukrainians had to meet ...

SONDLAND:

Yeah, a lot of people were aware of it.

SCHIFF:

Including Mr. Mulvaney?

SONDLAND:

Correct.

SCHIFF:

And including the Sec'y of State?

SONDLAND:

Correct.

I suppose we should have figured this out by now, but it appears that unless Trump uttered the words "this is a quid pro quo" you would disbelieve anything negative about this whole incident. 
Wrong.  Not one witness has testified that Trump told them aid was defendant on investigation into Crowdstrike or Burisma.  Seems like that would be important to try and impeach Trump don't you think?  In fact, the only witness with direct contact to Trump testified Trump told him I don't want anything from Ukraine.  Slam Dunk nothing burger.

Did you read the part where he stated "There was a quid pro quo." ? Did you also follow the testimony in which Sondland stated that he was instructed by President Trump to do what Giuliani wanted, and Giuliani informed him of the quid pro quo"?
See my statements to Moops.  

Anyone who thinks today’s testimony is a nothingburger ... is probably right.

At electionbettingodds.com, Trump’s chance of being reelected is currently ~40%, same as it’s been for many months.
I don't gamble at all but is there a way to take the field in that bet?  I would think a savvy gambler would take that bet.

Wrong.  Not one witness has testified that Trump told them aid was defendant on investigation into Crowdstrike or Burisma.  Seems like that would be important to try and impeach Trump don't you think?  In fact, the only witness with direct contact to Trump testified Trump told him I don't want anything from Ukraine.  Slam Dunk nothing burger.
Do you believe there was a quid pro quo but it just wasn't Trump's doing?

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago

I WANT NOTHING!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1197229247930097664
This was the last thing you guys were hoping to hear on this call, come on now. It invalidates the entire Democrat argument.
It's an obvious lie because it completely contradicts Trump's own words in the "transcript" of his so-called perfect phone call ("I want you to do us a favor...").

It's classic Trump Projection.

No quid pro quo.  Sondland confirmed it.
I wish people would stop cherry picking half of Trump's statement. No quid pro quo...BUT tell Zelensky to do the right thing. 

Hmnm. I wonder what the right thing was? Could it be announcing investigations? 

Was aide withheld? Yes or no. 

These gymnastics to claim no wrong doing are painful to watch.

I wish people would stop cherry picking half of Trump's statement. No quid pro quo...BUT tell Zelensky to do the right thing. 

Hmnm. I wonder what the right thing was? Could it be announcing investigations? 

Was aide withheld? Yes or no. 

These gymnastics to claim no wrong doing are painful to watch.
Agreed this is painful to watch.  So was Mueller in front of Congress.  Partisan politics these days unfortunately.  When the next Dem is President you can expect phony impeachment proceedings unfortunately.

It could be possible Rudy instructed it.  However, that is extremely hard to believe when Zelensky has said repeatedly that he didn't feel pressure at all or was under duress.
What else can Zelensky say? Seriously. Ukraine is dependent upon continued US aid and support. He wants to stay on Trump's good side, so he has no choice to parrot Trump's "No pressure" meme. 

I want to understand you. Are you suggesting that when President Trump said "I want nothing" and "no quid pro quo", that means there wasn't one?
Exactly. He wanted noting from Ukraine. I personally want there to be some connection for a quid pro quo or evidence that an investigation of the Bidens started because there needs to be.

Especially since Yovanovitch testified that the Obama administration gave her talking points for her 2015 confirmation hearing in case Hunter Biden’s corruption came up. 

Agreed this is painful to watch.  So was Mueller in front of Congress.  Partisan politics these days unfortunately.  When the next Dem is President you can expect phony impeachment proceedings unfortunately.
They were too busy with Benghazi and her emails to go after Obama last time around

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely, as there were no impeachment proceedings under Obama (or at least none that taken seriously by anyone in either party). 

It could be possible Rudy instructed it.  However, that is extremely hard to believe when Zelensky has said repeatedly that he didn't feel pressure at all or was under duress.
Of course Zelensky is going to say this. He knows POTUS is crucial in continuing to support him. What else would you expect him to say?

mcmullin just compared the way rs are attacking sondland or anyone who is a never trump guy to a guy trying to leave the mob seems pretty true to me take that to the bank brohans 

Exactly. He wanted noting from Ukraine. I personally want there to be some connection for a quid pro quo or evidence that an investigation of the Bidens started because there needs to be.

Especially since Yovanovitch testified that the Obama administration gave her talking points for her 2015 confirmation hearing in case Hunter Biden’s corruption came up. 
If you take the approach that Sondland says Trump never *personally told him to set preconditions for meeting or aid, then Sondland also states that he came to learn this was the case because Trump did *personally direct him and the others to talk to Rudy, who *was pushing the two probes.

That would be the connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
See my statements to Moops.  
But your statement ignores several facts. The most important one is this: President Trump instructed Sondland to do what Giuliani wanted. Giuliani demanded a quid pro quo. The two issues that Giuliani raised for the quid pro quo were the same two issues that President Trump raised on the July 25 phone call that you see nothing wrong with.

If you want to argue that this doesn't rise to the level of impeachable offense, I can accept that- I don't agree, but it's a legitimate argument. If you want to argue, like @TripItUp, that it doesn't matter one way or the other, I can accept that- I myself could never think that way, but it's a legitimate POV. If you want to argue that its too close to the election, we should let the voters decide, I can accept that- again I don't agree, but again it's a legitimate argument.

But this: testimony of a quid pro quo, evidence of a quid pro quo, and yet you and other Trump supporters say "Oh Trump said there wasn't one so it didn't happen"- that I CAN NOT accept. I can't accept it because its highly representative of the one thing above all others that is tearing this country apart today IMO: the willingness of a large number of conservatives and Trump supporters to insist on their own set of facts and alternative reality.

elise steanik is so talented that pretty soon we will finally impeach obama take that to the bank brohans 

I know when I'm not breaking any laws, I always make sure everyone around me knows that I am indeed not breaking the law.

Of course Zelensky is going to say this. He knows POTUS is crucial in continuing to support him. What else would you expect him to say?
That has never been adequately explained anytime that one has questioned the assertion that Zelensky says there was no pressure. 

If you take the approach that Sondland says Trump never *personally told him to set preconditions for meeting or aid, then Sondland also states that he came to learn this was the case because Trump did *personally direct him and the others to talk to Rudy, who *was pushing the two probes.

That would be the connection.
But there’s not. There should have been an investigation into the Bidens though. 

Republicans seem confused. Some of them are attacking Sondland. Others are complimenting him for his "truthful testimony."

I think they were so stunned by what he revealed this morning that they don't really have all their talking points together.

Users who are viewing this thread