What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

There should have been an investigation into the Bidens though. 
Just on this point, it seems to me that if you believe this, and if you accept and agree that Trump believes this (I think he does), then I don't understand the objections and protestations about the idea that Trump would ask Ukraine to do this investigation, just as Dems argue. Why the wrestling over this? What Sondland describes seems like the most natural thing in the world for Trump to want and act on.

Maloney is making a fool of himself
:no:

MALONEY:

Who would benefit from an investigation of the president's political opponent?

SONDLAND:

Well, presumably the person who asked for the investigation.

MALONEY:

Who is that?

SONDLAND:

If the president asked for the investigation, it would be he.

I wish people would stop cherry picking half of Trump's statement. No quid pro quo...BUT tell Zelensky to do the right thing

Hmnm. I wonder what the right thing was? Could it be announcing investigations? 

Was aide withheld? Yes or no. 

These gymnastics to claim no wrong doing are painful to watch.
That's it, it's in black and white by the president himself.

Demings going for the throat here - The NY Times (and other news sources) had articles back in May that quoted Guiliani as pushing the Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden/Burisma but Sondland didn't put it together until much later even though they were working together on Ukraine issues, including the conditions that would lead to a White House meeting?  That dog don't hunt.

There should have been an investigation into the Bidens though. 
Just on this point, it seems to me that if you believe this, and if you accept and agree that Trump believes this (I think he does), then I don't understand the objections and protestations about the idea that Trump would ask Ukraine to do this investigation, just as Dems argue. Why the wrestling over this? What Sondland describes seems like the most natural thing in the world for Trump to want and act on.
It's musical talking points: "Trump did nothing wrong, he did the same thing as Biden!" followed by "Biden should have been investigated!" followed by "Trump did nothing wrong, he did the same thing as Biden!"

We need to hear from Mulvaney, Pompeo, Rudy and Perry. There’s plenty of evidence to suggest these guy have first hand knowledge of whether or not Trump specifically directed aid to be withheld in exchange for investigations. Everyone in Ukraine policy seems to conclude there was but we haven’t been able to hear from the people directly involved. 

If Trump didn’t you’d think these guys would be happy to set the record straight. 

rudy should have not talked crap about sondolander because now the angry ambassador is throwing fire about who was in charge take that to the bank bromigos

low energy from noones in his closing here just seems lick a stamp mail it in if you ask me take that to the bank brohans 

Jordan is awesome
His antics, and the behavior of the GOP in general has sent a good many of us (here in this thread we’ve seen a bunch and I know many in RL) running away from the Republican Party to the point of possibly, if not likely, withholding any vote for a Republican on the national stage for the foreseeable future.  Moderate Dems that have voted for each party, independents (myself included), libertarians (also me), and a number of even recent Republicans.

You can gloat all you want by twisting really clear realities but it doesn’t change those realities. We see things as they are and are not beholden to party but are certainly now completely put off by one. The GOP. 

what is the line on how many gin and tonics slondomander has on the flight back to the eu or ukraine or wherever take that to the bank bromigos 

That is an absurd take. Sorry.
Because it doesn't fit your beliefs? Absurd? Can you guys make one post without trying to be insulting? You deny Schiff did these things? His staff met with the whistle blower yet we are supposed to believe he doesn't know who he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
SCHIFF to Sondland:

"This is a seminal moment in our investigation, and the evidence you have brought forward is deeply significant and troubling."

Because it doesn't fit your beliefs? Absurd? Can you guys make one post without trying to be insulting? You deny Schiff did these things? His staff met with the whistle blower yet we are supposed to believe he doesn't know who he is.
Schiff has a D next to his name so he does nothing wrong

He made up stuff during his initial statements about what Trump said and has lied about the whistle blower. Yep...absolute money.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/trump-says-house-intel-chair-schiff-should-resign-be-investigated-n1059536
Let's pretend that Trump should ever have anything he says taken as truth after he spent yet another day watching his own hire confirm the abuse he tried to run through Giuliani, then tried to smooth everything over by claiming he wanted nothing(already confirmed to be a lie), even going as far as to write it in Sharpie thick enough that a mole could read it, and that's not even counting the other 12,000 lies he's told.

Trump’s take is absurd because it was clearly bad attempt at parody.

Schiff is a lot of things funny improv isn’t in his future.

SCHIFF:

The question is not what the president meant, the question is not whether he was responsible for holding up the aid. He was ... the question is what are we prepared to do about it? Is there any accountability? Or are we forced to conclude this is now the world we live in?

Users who are viewing this thread