What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

SCHIFF ends by building on his closing remarks from last night:

"Getting caught is no defense. Not to a violation of the Constitution. Or to a violation of his oath of office. And it certainly doesn't give us a reason to ignore our own oath of office. We are adjourned."

Schiff’s crocodile tears at the end about not wanting to do this made me burst out laughing. Adams Schiff literally spent 3 years dabbling in every Russia conspiracy on this planet trying to take down President Trump. 
:goodposting:

Anyone paying attention to politics at all knows Schiff is not credible.

Because it doesn't fit your beliefs? Absurd? Can you guys make one post without trying to be insulting? You deny Schiff did these things? His staff met with the whistle blower yet we are supposed to believe he doesn't know who he is.
I believe members of his staff know who the WB is but I don’t see why we should assume Schiff also knows. It’s not relevant for him to know, so I believe him. 

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there is only one: The President used hundreds of millions of dollars of American taxpayer money and the offer of international legitimacy and the strength of unity with the largest military and economic engine in the world through an official State visit to extort and bribe a foreign leader into helping him win an election.  There is no competing narrative.  

The fact that Congress discovered this and thus interrupted his attempt with an investigation is of no moment.  The fact that Trump said the words "no quid pro quo" after that search for information started is meaningless. 

I'll take Schiff's credibility over Trump's eight days a week.
That's true for nearly everyone.

But forget about that comparison. I find Adam Schiff to be highly credible in his own right, and I always have. Those who question his credibility do so on 3 claims which I think are completely false: first that he lied about the Russian investigation when he claimed to have proof of collusion. He didn't. The proof he was describing was fully detailed in the Mueller report. Schiff believed that it proved collusion and I agree with him.  Mueller did not disagree but stated that he could not reach that conclusion without more evidence. From this slight dispute, Trump supporters here and elsewhere have tried to make the claim ever since that Schiff is dishonest. It's an absurd claim.

Second was Schiff's attempt, a month or so ago, to paraphrase President Trump's July 25th phone call. That was a dumb move on Schiff's part, because the actual call was bad enough and didn't need translation. But it was not at all dishonest, and testimony taken since that time has shown that it was truer than Schiff may have even known at the time.

The third claim showed up only a few days ago: that because members of Schiff's staff know who the Whistleblower is, that means Schiff himself must know, and is therefore lying about it. Beyond the fact that the identity of the Whistleblower is completely irrelevent at this point, this claim is made on specious assumption and without any evidence whatsoever. It is not surprising at all that Schiff would deliberately not know the identity, directing his staff not to tell him. Ben Bradlee, the editor of the Washington Post in the 70s, never knew who Deep Throat was; he instructed Woodward and Bernstein not to tell him.

Schiff is an honest man, nothing like the President, and the attempts to smear him are pathetic and foolish.

This is patently false.  You are aligned with a different set of values and beliefs, but to say he is not credible to anyone paying attention to politics is a patently false statement.
In your opinion of course.  I have shown Schiff is a proven liar many times in here.  Just own it.  I own that Trump has lied to.   :shrug:

I believe members of his staff know who the WB is but I don’t see why we should assume Schiff also knows. It’s not relevant for him to know, so I believe him. 
It wasn't even "Schiff's" staff in the sense that it was his own Congressional staff. The whistleblower reached out to a staff member of the House Intelligence Committee to ask for advice on how to proceed, which happens a couple of times per week per reporting.

beef said:
I noticed he didn't even show up for the presser afterwards.  He's chemtrailed out.  Full on duck and cover mode.
He drew the short straw having to rep the really bad side of this whole thing. He deserves an extra drink or 3 tonight.

But forget about that comparison. I find Adam Schiff to be highly credible in his own right, and I always have. Those who question his credibility do so on 3 claims which I think are completely false: first that he lied about the Russian investigation when he claimed to have proof of collusion. He didn't. The proof he was describing was fully detailed in the Mueller report. Schiff believed that it proved collusion and I agree with him.  Mueller did not disagree but stated that he could not reach that conclusion without more evidence. From this slight dispute, Trump supporters here and elsewhere have tried to make the claim ever since that Schiff is dishonest. It's an absurd claim.

Second was Schiff's attempt, a month or so ago, to paraphrase President Trump's July 25th phone call. That was a dumb move on Schiff's part, because the actual call was bad enough and didn't need translation. But it was not at all dishonest, and testimony taken since that time has shown that it was truer than Schiff may have even known at the time.

The third claim showed up only a few days ago: that because members of Schiff's staff know who the Whistleblower is, that means Schiff himself must know, and is therefore lying about it. Beyond the fact that the identity of the Whistleblower is completely irrelevent at this point, this claim is made on specious assumption and without any evidence whatsoever. It is not surprising at all that Schiff would deliberately not know the identity, directing his staff not to tell him. Ben Bradlee, the editor of the Washington Post in the 70s, never knew who Deep Throat was; he instructed Woodward and Bernstein not to tell him.

Schiff is an honest man, nothing like the President, and the attempts to smear him are pathetic and foolish.
Thank you

I have a thought about Elise Stefanik. I wonder if she knows she is likely to lose her seat in 2020 and instead is angling for some kind of power position in the RNC or as a talking head on conservative media. 

It wasn't even "Schiff's" staff in the sense that it was his own Congressional staff. The whistleblower reached out to a staff member of the House Intelligence Committee to ask for advice on how to proceed, which happens a couple of times per week per reporting.
And who leads that committee? If you really think Schiff doesn't know who it is then I'm not sure what to say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/13/factcheck-adam-schiff-wrong-whistleblower-contact/4180342002/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/adam-schiff-whistleblower-donald-trump-fact-check/index.html

I have a thought about Elise Stefanik. I wonder if she knows she is likely to lose her seat in 2020 and instead is angling for some kind of power position in the RNC or as a talking head on conservative media. 
Talking head on TV. She would excel at that.

We used to live in a nation that respected the views of others, and respected others from the "other" side of the aisle.  Yes, we've had animosity, but nothing like today.

Trump is, flat out, a bad person. He has decades of lying, cheating, philandering, xenophobia, racism (in word and deed), doesn't pay small business owners who work for him, and is a general all around narcissist who cares solely about himself.  This is not someone worth of respect, regardless if you agree with him on certain issues.

Sadly, so many Republicans that had a chance to lead and show some moral turpitude have shrunk to being acolytes of Trump. They have earned a lack of respect for those actions ... but we are a nation that is willing to forgive if people redeem. 

Perhaps we will once again look for quality of character as something on par with ideology or how it benefits "our party" - it's a shame that has been so lost... something that imo began with the utterly inflexible demands of the Contract with America and Newt in the 1990's (that's not to say it's all republican, this has had influence from both sides... but the GOP's lack of character has been on wide display during the Trump years).

Now, if only the DNC werent such a self serving machine that HAD to force Hillary upon us... but that ship has sailed as well. 

Lets go Pete?

In your opinion of course.  I have shown Schiff is a proven liar many times in here.  Just own it.  I own that Trump has lied to.   :shrug:
I don't know of many instances where Schiff has flat out lied.  Certainly not on par with Trump who literally does it many times a day. And as much as you may want to deny that, again, it's an incontrovertible truth.  As you say, own it.

To the Schiff issue, kindly show your receipts or don't utilize this misinformation piece any longer as we are trying to promote constructive and fact based conversation here.

I honestly have no idea how you can defend Schiff.  
He made some dumb parody about Trump’s call. It was obvious he wasn’t attempting to trick people.

At the same time people who got the vapors over this are completely fine with hilarious jokes that Trump tells asking Russia to hack his political opponent (which they do hours later).

This is why it is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:
She knows she is likely to lose her seat. And she can get a sense of the shame that has enveloped her for turning her back on her constituents and everyday Americans by putting Party of Trump above all else.  I'd say yeah, she's angling for a soft landing where such views are never challenged and she can be idolized as a parrot of the talking points of the week.

He made some dumb parody about Trump’s call. It was obvious he wasn’t attempting to trick people.

At the same time people who got the vapors over this are completely fine with hilarious jokes that Trump tells asking Russia to hack his political opponent (which they do hours later).

This is why it is absurd.
I'd suggest its far more intellectual dishonest to suggest that Schiff was lying here, if anything. 

It looks like she won 56-42 in 2018.  Why do you think that will change so much?

In the end, does it matter?

Multiple witnesses have told the same story. The whistle blower is simply the one who called 9-11. Thankfully they did, otherwise this abuse of power might have gone unchecked. This unmasking of the whistle blower is such a desperate deflection technique.

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there is only one: The President used hundreds of millions of dollars of American taxpayer money and the offer of international legitimacy and the strength of unity with the largest military and economic engine in the world through an official State visit to extort and bribe a foreign leader into helping him win an election.  There is no competing narrative.  

The fact that Congress discovered this and thus interrupted his attempt with an investigation is of no moment.  The fact that Trump said the words "no quid pro quo" after that search for information started is meaningless. 
Agreed.

There are 25 members to the House Select Committee on Intelligence, and it deals with a huge amount of work. I don't know if he knows who it is or not, but the fact that he chairs the committee where a staff member spoke with someone does not mean he knows that person's identity.

Her opponent raised something like $600k in a few days recently because of the public's view of Stefanik.
No Hillary is 5-8 points.  Being a Trump lackey is another 5-8... with the momentum and who gets out the vote? 

There’s a lotta writing one the wall, and it’s not written in 

ALL CAPS LARGE FONT

ALL CAPS LARGE FONT

His antics, and the behavior of the GOP in general has sent a good many of us (here in this thread we’ve seen a bunch and I know many in RL) running away from the Republican Party to the point of possibly, if not likely, withholding any vote for a Republican on the national stage for the foreseeable future.  Moderate Dems that have voted for each party, independents (myself included), libertarians (also me), and a number of even recent Republicans.

You can gloat all you want by twisting really clear realities but it doesn’t change those realities. We see things as they are and are not beholden to party but are certainly now completely put off by one. The GOP. 
This is the beginning of the end of the Republican party. They haven't just ostracized the people you listed. They've turned off the vast majority of the youth... of course youth voting is never very high, but these people will eventually vote and the stink of trump will still be strong on the Republican party when these people start making it to the polls in 5-10 years. 

Users who are viewing this thread