Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

snitwitch

1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

Jordan is awesome

His antics, and the behavior of the GOP in general has sent a good many of us (here in this thread we’ve seen a bunch and I know many in RL) running away from the Republican Party to the point of possibly, if not likely, withholding any vote for a Republican on the national stage for the foreseeable future.  Moderate Dems that have voted for each party, independents (myself included), libertarians (also me), and a number of even recent Republicans.

You can gloat all you want by twisting really clear realities but it doesn’t change those realities. We see things as they are and are not beholden to party but are certainly now completely put off by one. The GOP. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The General said:

Schiff frightens me with those bugged out dead eye stares but he’s been absolute money on his content, organization, and delivery of this. 

He made up stuff during his initial statements about what Trump said and has lied about the whistle blower. Yep...absolute money.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/trump-says-house-intel-chair-schiff-should-resign-be-investigated-n1059536

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

He made up stuff during his initial statements about what Trump said and has lied about the whistle blower. Yep...absolute money.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/trump-says-house-intel-chair-schiff-should-resign-be-investigated-n1059536

That is an absurd take. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The General said:

That is an absurd take. Sorry.

Because it doesn't fit your beliefs? Absurd? Can you guys make one post without trying to be insulting? You deny Schiff did these things? His staff met with the whistle blower yet we are supposed to believe he doesn't know who he is.

Edited by John Blutarsky

Just now, John Blutarsky said:

Because it doesn't fit your beliefs? Absurd? Can you guys make one post without trying to be insulting? You deny Schiff did these things? His staff met with the whistle blower yet we are supposed to believe he doesn't know who he is.

Schiff has a D next to his name so he does nothing wrong

1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

Let's pretend that Trump should ever have anything he says taken as truth after he spent yet another day watching his own hire confirm the abuse he tried to run through Giuliani, then tried to smooth everything over by claiming he wanted nothing(already confirmed to be a lie), even going as far as to write it in Sharpie thick enough that a mole could read it, and that's not even counting the other 12,000 lies he's told.

3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Trump’s take is absurd because it was clearly bad attempt at parody.

Schiff is a lot of things funny improv isn’t in his future.

• Like 1

SCHIFF:

The question is not what the president meant, the question is not whether he was responsible for holding up the aid. He was ... the question is what are we prepared to do about it? Is there any accountability? Or are we forced to conclude this is now the world we live in?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

When Trump asked Russia to hack Clinton’s emails was he serious?

He said it, it must have been a serious request. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

SCHIFF ends by building on his closing remarks from last night:

"Getting caught is no defense. Not to a violation of the Constitution. Or to a violation of his oath of office. And it certainly doesn't give us a reason to ignore our own oath of office. We are adjourned."

Just now, Widbil83 said:

Schiff’s crocodile tears at the end about not wanting to do this made me burst out laughing. Adams Schiff literally spent 3 years dabbling in every Russia conspiracy on this planet trying to take down President Trump. 

:goodposting:

Anyone paying attention to politics at all knows Schiff is not credible.

7 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I believe members of his staff know who the WB is but I don’t see why we should assume Schiff also knows. It’s not relevant for him to know, so I believe him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The General said:

I’ll ask you as well. Why wasn’t Trump serious when he was asking Russia to hack Clinton’s emails?

Ask China to investigate Biden (well he was actually serious about that one).

Was Trump addressing Congress and the nation to try and launch Impeachment proceedings?

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

:goodposting:

Anyone paying attention to politics at all knows Schiff is not credible.

This is patently false.  You are aligned with a different set of values and beliefs, but to say he is not credible to anyone paying attention to politics is a patently false statement.

• Like 10

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there is only one: The President used hundreds of millions of dollars of American taxpayer money and the offer of international legitimacy and the strength of unity with the largest military and economic engine in the world through an official State visit to extort and bribe a foreign leader into helping him win an election.  There is no competing narrative.  

The fact that Congress discovered this and thus interrupted his attempt with an investigation is of no moment.  The fact that Trump said the words "no quid pro quo" after that search for information started is meaningless. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

I'll take Schiff's credibility over Trump's eight days a week.

That's true for nearly everyone.

But forget about that comparison. I find Adam Schiff to be highly credible in his own right, and I always have. Those who question his credibility do so on 3 claims which I think are completely false: first that he lied about the Russian investigation when he claimed to have proof of collusion. He didn't. The proof he was describing was fully detailed in the Mueller report. Schiff believed that it proved collusion and I agree with him.  Mueller did not disagree but stated that he could not reach that conclusion without more evidence. From this slight dispute, Trump supporters here and elsewhere have tried to make the claim ever since that Schiff is dishonest. It's an absurd claim.

Second was Schiff's attempt, a month or so ago, to paraphrase President Trump's July 25th phone call. That was a dumb move on Schiff's part, because the actual call was bad enough and didn't need translation. But it was not at all dishonest, and testimony taken since that time has shown that it was truer than Schiff may have even known at the time.

The third claim showed up only a few days ago: that because members of Schiff's staff know who the Whistleblower is, that means Schiff himself must know, and is therefore lying about it. Beyond the fact that the identity of the Whistleblower is completely irrelevent at this point, this claim is made on specious assumption and without any evidence whatsoever. It is not surprising at all that Schiff would deliberately not know the identity, directing his staff not to tell him. Ben Bradlee, the editor of the Washington Post in the 70s, never knew who Deep Throat was; he instructed Woodward and Bernstein not to tell him.

Schiff is an honest man, nothing like the President, and the attempts to smear him are pathetic and foolish.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2

14 minutes ago, cobalt_27 said:

This is patently false.  You are aligned with a different set of values and beliefs, but to say he is not credible to anyone paying attention to politics is a patently false statement.

In your opinion of course.  I have shown Schiff is a proven liar many times in here.  Just own it.  I own that Trump has lied to.  :shrug:

19 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I believe members of his staff know who the WB is but I don’t see why we should assume Schiff also knows. It’s not relevant for him to know, so I believe him. 

It wasn't even "Schiff's" staff in the sense that it was his own Congressional staff. The whistleblower reached out to a staff member of the House Intelligence Committee to ask for advice on how to proceed, which happens a couple of times per week per reporting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

That's true for nearly everyone.

But forget about that comparison. I find Adam Schiff to be highly credible in his own right, and I always have. Those who question his credibility do so on 3 claims which I think are completely false: first that he lied about the Russian investigation when he claimed to have proof of collusion. He didn't. The proof he was describing was fully detailed in the Mueller report. Schiff believed that it proved collusion and I agree with him.  Mueller did not disagree but stated that he could not reach that conclusion without more evidence. From this slight dispute, Trump supporters here and elsewhere have tried to make the claim ever since that Schiff is dishonest. It's an absurd claim.

Second was Schiff's attempt, a month or so ago, to paraphrase President Trump's July 25th phone call. That was a dumb move on Schiff's part, because the actual call was bad enough and didn't need translation. But it was not at all dishonest, and testimony taken since that time has shown that it was truer than Schiff may have even known at the time.

The third claim showed up only a few days ago: that because members of Schiff's staff know who the Whistleblower is, that means Schiff himself must know, and is therefore lying about it. Beyond the fact that the identity of the Whistleblower is completely irrelevent at this point, this claim is made on specious assumption and without any evidence whatsoever. It is not surprising at all that Schiff would deliberately not know the identity, directing his staff not to tell him. Ben Bradlee, the editor of the Washington Post in the 70s, never knew who Deep Throat was; he instructed Woodward and Bernstein not to tell him.

Schiff is an honest man, nothing like the President, and the attempts to smear him are pathetic and foolish.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

It wasn't even "Schiff's" staff in the sense that it was his own Congressional staff. The whistleblower reached out to a staff member of the House Intelligence Committee to ask for advice on how to proceed, which happens a couple of times per week per reporting.

And who leads that committee? If you really think Schiff doesn't know who it is then I'm not sure what to say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/13/factcheck-adam-schiff-wrong-whistleblower-contact/4180342002/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/adam-schiff-whistleblower-donald-trump-fact-check/index.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

I have a thought about Elise Stefanik. I wonder if she knows she is likely to lose her seat in 2020 and instead is angling for some kind of power position in the RNC or as a talking head on conservative media. 

Talking head on TV. She would excel at that.