What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (14 Viewers)

Ah yes, withholding foreign aid from the country that gave OBL asylum for over a decade and the withholding from the Ukraine who is being attacked by our biggest enemy, and have murdered over 14,000 Ukrainians, and counting, is almost the same thing. :rolleyes:

Link

Justin Amash

@justinamash

Impeachment in the House is an indictment. If this were an ordinary prosecution, there’s no grand jury in America that would not return an indictment on the facts and evidence presented in these hearings.

12:58 PM · Nov 20, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

It's sad and sort of disheartening that nothing that happens will change the impeachment outcome, or convince the base. Note that I'm not saying "the Republicans" because my sense talking with my own conservative friends is many non-politician republicans are tired of all of this, and not in a kool-aid drinking way. The one benefit of days like today is it sort of simplifies the situation for most. As plausible defenses fall by the wayside and are replaced by the outlandish, all that is left is an excessively transparent bias of the base.
If the party really cared about saving itself it would dump Trump, ride out the term with Pence, and promote someone like Kasich as their nominee in 2020.

That seat isn't even listed as a competitive seat in Cook.  She will hold it.   That is way northern NY state and very rural.  Just because it says NY next to it doesn't mean it is competitive.  She won it by 12 points in 2018 so it wasn't even close in a wave election year.  
I am quite familiar with NY's demos, but was mistaken in where she was. Didn't realize how upstate / rural, totally my bad.

Schiff and Pelosi are corrupt as hell.  McConnell is corrupt as hell.  Trump and the Clintons should probably be in jail.

It's not hard to see both.

Plus in my eyes we are talking about terrible human beings.
These kind of general statements, without any real evidence, strike me as extremely ignorant and dangerous. 

Did you hear that list of countries President Trump has delayed foreign aid to?  Schiff is going to open up 10 more tax payer funded worthless investigations now.  :kicksrock:

He's not a DNC puppet?
At this point I am 1) willing to give the benefit of the doubt as we learn more and 2) even if he were, that would be leaps and bounds better than Trump's GOP.

I also have not scene anything to suggest Pelosi and Schiff are corrupt. Please bring some evidence and ideally, proof, of such strong accusations (I'm not a fan of Pelosi in a lot of ways, though I respect her quite a bit - just far left of me, ideologically and yes, too intertwined with the Party)

Did you hear that list of countries President Trump has delayed foreign aid to?  Schiff is going to open up 10 more tax payer funded worthless investigations now.  :kicksrock:
Did he delay it in order to have an announcement of an investigation into his political rival?

Who is saying there is nothing to see here?

Why don't we use our own intelligence to investigate?
He just quoted a Russian News agency...that is not a credible source for information.  Nor is anything Hunter Biden did relevant to Trump's actions.  If the DOJ and our intel agencies deem it necessary to investigate Hunter Biden...so be it.  Also hypocritical for Trump to complain about given his family's profitting right now.

If the party really cared about saving itself it would dump Trump, ride out the term with Pence, and promote someone like Kasich as their nominee in 2020.
I think it's too late for this.  If they had simply followed the facts and forced Trump to resign in favor of Pence before this whole thing started, it may have worked.  After today it appears as if Pence was involved too.

Nicholas Fandos@npfandos

Whoa! Cooper just said that since she testified in private, her staff has brought to her attention emails and other information that show Ukraine was inquiring about the suspended aid on July 25, the same day as the Trump-Zelensky call. This is a month earlier than we thought

Another GOP talking point down the tubes...

I've worked for a lot of places in my lifetime. But, whenever money is spent, or money that is spent is delayed for some reason, there is a paper trail that ties those actions to an individual. 

Why is it so difficult to determine who stopped the money and why?

This is a good point, which bears repeating:

REP. HIMES: President Trump wasn't worried about corruption in Ukraine. In fact, in the two conversations he had with the president of Ukraine, on April 21st and July 25th, not once does the president of the U.S. use the word or mention corruption to the president.

Combine this with the fact Trump authorized Aid in 2017 and 2018, and it beggars belief that Trump was worried about general corruption in Ukraine.  He was worried about Biden.  Period.

Here is one example where he lied denying his staff met with the whistleblower.

Schiff Lying again

Note, this is not Schiff lying that he doesn't know who the whistleblower is, it is him lying that his staff met with him.  I am confident Schiff is lying that he doesn't know who the whistleblower is too.
Who cares if he knows who the whistle blower is. How does that affect any of this? Or are you buying into the conspiracy theory that he himself is the whistle blower? If he were, how did he get all these Trump appointed officials to go along with corroborating his story? You seem to be focused on a red herring thrown out by the GOP to deflect from the facts and unwilling to honestly examine the damning testimony of multiple witnesses who are all telling the same story.

You said this also, when I broke down the Clinton Foundation's tax returns against a real charity like Jimmy V. Still think they were 100% legit?
Really not relevant to this thread but I haven’t seen the Clinton Foundation get charged with everything. 

That said, there are certainly stories over the years of corruption involving the Clintons, just as there are with Donald Trump. But so far as I know Schiff, Pelosi, McConnell are clean and calling them “corrupt as hell” is ridiculous. 

Who cares if he knows who the whistle blower is. How does that affect any of this? Or are you buying into the conspiracy theory that he himself is the whistle blower? If he were, how did he get all these Trump appointed officials to go along with corroborating his story? You seem to be focused on a red herring thrown out by the GOP to deflect from the facts and unwilling to honestly examine the damning testimony of multiple witnesses who are all telling the same story.
Let's list the facts shall we. 

1) Not one witness alleges quid quo pro in regards to military aid or bribery

2) Aid was delivered and no investigation into Burisma took place

3) Only person who spoke to Trump, aka first hand witness, testified Trump told him he wanted nothing from Ukraine, no quid quo pro.

4) transcript of call does not show any wrongdoing 

Game over

Why should Bidem testify?
I don't know. And frankly, I don't care.

If the GOP wants to get Biden on the stand and ask a bunch of questions that have nothing to do with Trump impeachment, then it does them no good. 

In return, the Dems would get to put Trump and Rudy on the stand, which would reap greater rewards. 

Did he delay it in order to have an announcement of an investigation into his political rival?
I don’t know, maybe Democrats need to start an investigation looking for announcements about investigations that never happened.  I’m sure the fishing trips are being set up as we speak for when this fails.

Users who are viewing this thread