Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

snitwitch

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lawyer alert: CNN is asserting that when Trump tweeted this morning denying that he ever told Bolton what the New York Times said, he effectively voided executive privilege. He can’t use it now. 

Thats a huge deal if true and a major blunder by Trump. But is it true? 

Laws matter now?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lawyer alert: CNN is asserting that when Trump tweeted this morning denying that he ever told Bolton what the New York Times said, he effectively voided executive privilege. He can’t use it now. 

IIRC the legal experts also believed that executive privilege was waived on McGahn  when he was allowed to speak to Mueller. That’s still in the courts nearly a year later. So even if true, not sure it means much.

Robert Raye: I stand in defense of the people who voted for Trump in 2016.

This statement really irritates me. Trump is on trial. Not his voters. Trump does the same all the time with his populist crap. He tells his supporters they are under attack whenever he does something wrong and is called out on it. Just stop already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam Quentin said:

The house process is not an indictment process.  That was a made up narrative to justify cherry-picking testimony.  The house process was never intended to be this way and has never been applied this way.  The fact that this narrative has been proliferated demonstrates how far gone this has become.

Its an inquiry and not a trial.  It is more like an indictment than anything else.

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

When Trump publicly reveals the content of a conversation, that conversation is no longer privileged. (I don't think it's a huge deal, though. The claim of executive privilege is no less valid now than it was yesterday, because it wasn't valid yesterday either.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Something about having to have the full house vote, which they bypassed I believe.

That doesn't make any sense.  The committees submit these things all the time.  Not saying that's not their theory....just that it doesn't make sense.

Edited by The Commish

26 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Something about having to have the full house vote, which they bypassed I believe.

You believe? The House voted on the impeachment inquiry resolution, and then vote for impeachment.  Each was a full vote. And each passed with overwhelming majority. 

You just don’t like the rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

So the PSF take is still that bribery, corruption, money laundering is a okay and investigating it is an impeachable offense?

In case you forgot:

1. Biden admitted on video of withholding a billion dollars in federal aid unless the prosecutor investigating Burisma was fired. "And sonova#####, they fired him" -- Joe Biden

2. Hunter Biden received millions of dollars from a Ukraine gas company under investigation for corruption, while his pops was in charge of US-Ukraine relations, bank statements and testimony verify this

3. The Obama White House held a meeting with Ukraine officials in January 2016 to discuss Burisma corruption, prosecution, and the conflict that Hunter Biden presented

4. Biden corruption is at the very core of the impeachment hearing. Either you think that a president is allowed to ensure federal aid is not being used improperly, or you think that someone is above the law because they are running for office

1 nobody forgot this...its been addressed over and over again and pointing to that as corruption is laughable given the facts.

2. With nothing illegal about it...which is why no credible investigation surrounding it has happened...only Rudys sham.

3. So they understood it and this proves what?

4. No, it really isnt...because there is zero evidence of Bidens corruption and he is not in trial.  He could be as dirty as can be and Trump would atill have committed impeachable offenses.  Biden is a deflection 

6 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

This statement really irritates me. Trump is on trial. Not his voters. Trump does the same all the time with his populist crap. He tells his supporters they are under attack whenever he does something wrong and is called out on it. Just stop already. 

It's stupid because, as of 2016, Trump hadn't yet withheld aid to Ukraine while soliciting its interference in our 2020 election. There's nothing remotely inconsistent about having voted for Trump in 2016 while supporting his removal now.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:
10 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

It's stupid because, as of 2016, Trump hadn't yet withheld aid to Ukraine while soliciting its interference in our 2020 election. There's nothing remotely inconsistent about having voted for Trump in 2016 while supporting his removal now.

Yeah, he was only committing election fraud and settling the Trump U fraud case.  Also defending himself from about a dozen women accusing him of sexual misconduct.  He was like, squeaky clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

So the PSF take is still that bribery, corruption, money laundering is a okay and investigating it is an impeachable offense?

In case you forgot:

1. Biden admitted on video of withholding a billion dollars in federal aid unless the prosecutor investigating Burisma was fired. "And sonova#####, they fired him" -- Joe Biden

2. Hunter Biden received millions of dollars from a Ukraine gas company under investigation for corruption, while his pops was in charge of US-Ukraine relations, bank statements and testimony verify this

3. The Obama White House held a meeting with Ukraine officials in January 2016 to discuss Burisma corruption, prosecution, and the conflict that Hunter Biden presented

4. Biden corruption is at the very core of the impeachment hearing. Either you think that a president is allowed to ensure federal aid is not being used improperly, or you think that someone is above the law because they are running for office

I'd love to talk about this and your other post in the Conspiracy thread but you have a bad habit of flaking out on discussions so it hardly seems worth the effort. However I'm game if you ever want to hammer these issues out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

yeah, I'm glad to discuss that. However IMO Pam Bondi inveighing against political corruption is like Ken Starr talking about how impeachment isn't a thing.

Bondi decided that Florida would not join the lawsuit against Trump University, after her PAC received an illegal contribution from Trump, she hosted a Fox talk show while AG, and more. When compared to our current AG, Nikki Fried, it's like night and day regarding effective and intelligent communication.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beef said:

Now we've moved on to impeaching Obama. :lol:

Never voted for Obama and as someone who remembers being perturbed when I heard him say this on an open microphone but I definitely thought it was wrong but not even close to impeachable.

21 minutes ago, Maude said:

You believe? The House voted on the impeachment inquiry resolution, and then vote for impeachment.  Each was a full vote. And each passed with overwhelming majority. 

You just don’t like the rules. 

Huh?

I was simply answering a question from @The Commish about what was behind the "articles are illegal" he was hearing.  My answer was just something I had heard (but not looked into).  And then you knee-jerk and accuse of something I NEVER said or implied at all.

Not cool.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BladeRunner said:

Huh?

I was simply answering a question from @The Commish about what was behind the "articles are illegal" he was hearing.  My answer was just something I had heard (but not looked into).  And then you knee-jerk and accuse of something I NEVER said or implied at all.

Not cool.

You heard it from the GOP and/or Fox News, and it’s not true.  

I may just start linking back to this post occasionally because typing that out several times a day gets exhausting. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Huh?

Not cool.

:goodposting:

Just now, Henry Ford said:

You heard it from the GOP and/or Fox News, and it’s not true.  

I may just start linking back to this post occasionally because typing that out several times a day gets exhausting. 

No, I didn't.  I can't remember where I heard it from but I don't watch Fox News.

What is it with you guys.  I was simply answering a question, not giving my opinion.  WTH?  Then you guys wonder why this forum has the reputation it has.  These knee-jerk attacks need to stop.  Sit back and read what was posted, take a deep breath, wait 10 seconds and then try to understand the conversation that is going on instead of getting emotional about it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

No, I didn't.  I can't remember where I heard it from but I don't watch Fox News.

What is it with you guys.  I was simply answering a question, not giving my opinion.  WTH?  Then you guys wonder why this forum has the reputation it has.  These knee-jerk attacks need to stop.  Sit back and read what was posted, take a deep breath, wait 10 seconds and then try to understand the conversation that is going on instead of getting emotional about it.

I said the GOP and/or Fox News. If it didn’t come directly from the GOP it came from someone who got it from them.  I’m not knee-jerking or emotional, it’s been their fake defense all over the air and internet for months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:

They've transitioned to the, "Trump wouldn't have been this stupid" defense.

Yes that works....he was so smart just 2 days after the Mueller report he tries  to get Ukraine help him get elected, so dumb he thinks we are going to buy that he doesn’t know Parnas. White House Lawyers have a lot of work to do if they think we are dealing with some kind of shrewd genius.

Edited by lazyike

Just now, lazyike said:

Yes that works....he was so smart just 2 days after the Mueller report he tries  to get Ukraine help him get elected, so dumb he thinks we are going to buy that he doesn’t know Parnas. White House Lawyers have a lot of work to do if they think we are dealing with some kind of shrewd genius.

So which is it?  He's either a super-genius or dumb as a box of rocks?  You can't have it both ways.  ;)

16 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Huh?

Not cool.

You could just admit that you were wrong. I know that’s hard for some people, but it’s very effective at resolving issues. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, timschochet said:

They saved Dershowitz for last. Obviously he is the star. 

They introduced him with credentials. They should have gone the whole nine yards and wheeled out Michael whatsisname, the “Let’s get ready to rumble!” guy, or at least played Europe’s the Final Countdown with Dershowitz appearing out of a cloud of smoke.

Saw this in twitter and it made me chuckle (if only to mask the pain)....

”Trump didn't do the thing he's accused of doing, but if he did it was fine, and in fact that's exactly what he did, get over it, because it's not only fine, it's precisely what we want from a president, and can you believe that Biden did the same thing, shame on him.”

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pecorino said:

They introduced him with credentials. They should have gone the whole nine yards and wheeled out Michael whatsisname, the “Let’s get ready to rumble!” guy, or at least played Europe’s the Final Countdown with Dershowitz appearing out of a cloud of smoke.

Lol

He’s clearly the best speaker the Republicans have. But again his argument makes no sense to me. How can abuse of power not be an impeachable offense? And if it isn’t, what is the remedy if a President abuses his power? 

Suppose Trump had informed Putin he was withholding Ukraine’s aid and Putin responded by invading Ukraine? According to Dershowitz we can’t do anything about it.