Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • timschochet

    2277

  • SaintsInDome2006

    1831

  • Henry Ford

    1367

  • Sinn Fein

    1171

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The quid pro quo discussion is a red herring. Sondland’s statement and testimony is proof that the President was running a shadow diplomacy operation using his private attorney outside of normal execu

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there i

41 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You want to play the shoe on the other foot Alan? Fine. If Trump were a Democrat he would have been removed long since. How’s that? 

how's that possible? With Democrats controlling the house the impeachment articles never would have made it to the Senate because there wouldn't have been any.

How's that? 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

how's that possible? With Democrats controlling the house the impeachment articles never would have made it to the Senate because there wouldn't have been any.

How's that? 🙂

Did you see the words “long since” in my statement? It would have happened before 2018. The firing of Comey would have resulted in immediate hearings. Then ordering McGann to fire Mueller would have resulted in articles of impeachment. The testimonies of Comey and Michael Cohen would have been decisive and once the Mueller report came out and reported additional obstruction he would would have been done. Pelosi and Schumer  would have gone to him, told him they couldn’t hold their members, and asked him to resign. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

how's that possible? With Democrats controlling the house the impeachment articles never would have made it to the Senate because there wouldn't have been any.

How's that? 🙂

The Democrats would have never nominated (never mind people electing) someone who would withhold ~half a billion in aid from an ally to drum up bogus dirt to (theoretically) help win the next election.  

Would not happen.  So you’re right. There never would have been impeachment articles.  Because Trump is a narcissist unto himself   

Edited by zoonation
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Did you see the words “long since” in my statement? It would have happened before 2018. The firing of Comey would have resulted in immediate hearings. Then ordering McGann to fire Mueller would have resulted in articles of impeachment. The testimonies of Comey and Michael Cohen would have been decisive and once the Mueller report came out and reported additional obstruction he would would have been done. Pelosi and Schumer  would have gone to him, told him they couldn’t hold their members, and asked him to resign. 

There would be absolutely zero chance that any of that would happen with the Democrats holding power in the house, IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoonation said:

The Democrats would have never nominated (never mind people electing) someone who would withhold ~half a billion in aid from an ally to drum up bogus dirt to (theoretically) help win the next election.  

Would not happen.  So you’re right. There never would have been impeachment articles.  Because Trump is a narcissist unto himself   

you guys put up Hillary Clinton last election. Don't tell me the Democrats never would have nominated someone corrupt and awful.

C'mon, man!

Edited by BladeRunner
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I sincerely hope we can regain some sanity by November, and elect literally anybody but Trump, because another 4 years of this will tear this nation apart beyond repair.

In my head I’m singing “Truuuummmpp...Trump will tear us apart...again...” ala Joy Division.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Imagine the #### that has been and continues to get buried in that house.  This far in, Trump still has people selling him out from the inside.  

imagine what full disclosure would look like?  Bananas.  

This whole episode is a great window into the witness intimidation tactics he employs 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kal El said:
3 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

If Trump gave every piece of military equipment we had to Russia would that be a crime?

Treason, probably.

Alan Dershowitz:  Actually, Benedict Arnold was a true patriot and the Constitution agrees

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

How could you know that he really didn't think surrendering was the best path forward?

Past history. He's made almost every situation worse with the choices he makes. Why would I think he would do the right thing in this situation?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Alan Dershowitz:  Actually, Benedict Arnold was a true patriot and the Constitution agrees

 

 

Arnold got screwed over by the Americans at the time, constantly being passed up for promotions and such, but he still ruined his own reputation with what he did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kal El said:

I sincerely hope we can regain some sanity by November, and elect literally anybody but Trump, because another 4 years of this will tear this nation apart beyond repair.

What difference does it make?   If we can't remove the president for abusing his power, what mechanism is there to remove the president for losing an election?  Or simply calling off the election?

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

What difference does it make?   If we can't remove the president for abusing his power, what mechanism is there to remove the president for losing an election?  Or simply calling off the election?

Law enforcement for the former, and I'm not sure for the latter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timschochet said:

Lawyer alert: CNN is asserting that when Trump tweeted this morning denying that he ever told Bolton what the New York Times said, he effectively voided executive privilege. He can’t use it now. 

Thats a huge deal if true and a major blunder by Trump. But is it true? 

Won’t change that he won’t fight it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:
24 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

When did anyone say he’s a super genius?

Trump has said it many, many, times.  Don't know if anyone else has said it though. At least not sarcastically. 

Many people are saying it.  Very fine people.  The best people.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Has there been any evidence of innocence presented today by the defense? 

Iirc today went like:

- Purpura - 1780’s Founders were trying to prevent problems from a parliamentary system that came into place in 1860s UK.

- Starr - ‘gosh I’m sorry about that whole Clinton thing.’

- Dershowitz - impeachment is an abuse of Congressional power.

- Bondi - Burisma, Zlochevsky, Yahtzee.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

you guys put up Hillary Clinton last election. Don't tell me the Democrats never would have nominated someone corrupt and awful.

C'mon, man!

I do not believe Hillary ( who I don’t like) would even consider withholding half a bil in Ukraine aid to shake them down for dirt on her potential next opponent.  

it’s too stupid and sophomoric for her to even contemplate.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

The dam is bursting. But will the GOP Senators care that they are waist deep in the muck and mire?

The truth always come out and it's the coverup that sinks you. One thing the American people do understand is what a coverup is. As I said in a post a few days ago Death by a thousand cuts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, zoonation said:

I do not believe Hillary ( who I don’t like) would even consider withholding half a bil in Ukraine aid to shake them down for dirt on her potential next opponent.  

it’s too stupid and sophomoric for her to even contemplate.  

No way, man.  

She would send her own husband and kid up the river if it meant she could have the presidency.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...