What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (2 Viewers)

The fact that things have to be parsed and so carefully crafted should be your first clue that this doesn't rise to level Dems WANT it to.
The fact that they want it narrow and just about this tells you it rises easily past what they need it to for reasonable people.

If it didn't...they want the wide range of things to be included.  Your logic is flawed.

Yes, former U.S. attorney Joe DiGenova stated nothing Trump said on the call constitutes a crime, contrary to Judge Nap.  Here is what he said yesterday.   "The President of the United States is the executive branch under article 2, he is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States.  He can ask anyone, any citizen or foreign leader a question.  He can make a suggestion on an investigation because he runs them.  And by the way, in the latest set to with the whistle blower, the office of legal council has said that requesting information from a foreign government is not a thing of value, it is not a foreign contribution.  I must say this, I have been a U.S. attorney, an independant council, an investigative council on capital hill and house and senate.  Judge Napolitano has never been a U.S. Attorney, he has never been a federal prosecutor, he has never conducted a federal grand jury.  I have done all of those things."
If he really said those, he should be disbarred for not knowing how to spell counsel.

The fact that things have to be parsed and so carefully crafted should be your first clue that this doesn't rise to level Dems WANT it to.
It's at the level they want it to be....otherwise they wouldn't be seriously floating impeachment.

It's never going to be at a level that convinces enough Republicans in the Senate.

If it was at the level they need it to be, they wouldn't be floating anything, they'd be voting.

I feel very fortunate not to be sitting here today banking my hopes on something that isn't coming. A lot of people here setting themselves up for Letdown 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, former U.S. attorney Joe DiGenova stated nothing Trump said on the call constitutes a crime, contrary to Judge Nap.  Here is what he said yesterday.   "The President of the United States is the executive branch under article 2, he is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States.  He can ask anyone, any citizen or foreign leader a question.  He can make a suggestion on an investigation because he runs them.  And by the way, in the latest set to with the whistle blower, the office of legal council has said that requesting information from a foreign government is not a thing of value, it is not a foreign contribution.  I must say this, I have been a U.S. attorney, an independant council, an investigative council on capital hill and house and senate.  Judge Napolitano has never been a U.S. Attorney, he has never been a federal prosecutor, he has never conducted a federal grand jury.  I have done all of those things."
Guys a FOX News pundit and a frequent contributor to Hannity.  You have anyone who isn't so politically biased coming down on that side? Asking seriously....as I'd like to see someone impartial. 

Oh, I forgot to include the Independent numbers for that Morning Consult poll:

Code:
Should Congress begin impeachment proceedings?

Independents, Sep 24-26

39% Yes (+6% since 9/20-22)
36% No (-9)
25% Unsure (+3)
Not sure how to explain the big difference in undecideds between this poll and the Marist poll.

If it was at the level they need it to be, they wouldn't be floating anything, they'd be voting.

I feel very fortunate not to be sitting here today banking my hopes on something that isn't coming. A lot of people here setting themselves up for Letdown 2.0
Its an inquiry...its part of the process.

Its an inquiry...its part of the process.
Yeah an inquiry is what you do when you don't have enough to dive right in. So I ask, what's yet to come that's going to tip the scales? The whistle blower report is out and it's looking more and more like the Steele Dossier by the minute.

Hint #2: When you're speaking in parody, hypotheticals, paraphrasing, and continually dropping "it's like", you don't have much.

Yeah an inquiry is what you do when you don't have enough to dive right in. So I ask, what's yet to come that's going to tip the scales? The whistle blower report is out and it's looking more and more like the Steele Dossier by the minute.

Hint #2: When you're speaking in parody, hypotheticals, paraphrasing, and continually dropping "it's like", you don't have much.
Hint, no it’s not. 

Everyone on both sides of the aisle agree that Giuliani is completely nuts, right?   Maybe this is the consensus we need to start building bridges.
I'm starting to entertain the notion that he actually believes all this ####.  The right-wing wackadoodle stuff about Crowdstrike and Russian Adoptions and Biden.  In which case, yeah.  Totally nucking futs.

An inquiry is the starting point.  It happened with both Nixon and Clinton.

You don't go straight to a vote.

https://abc7news.com/amp/politics/what-is-an-impeachment-inquiry-/5565374/

Hint...you seemingly don't know the process and have continually conflated the issues (starting yesterday acting as if the “transcript” was the only part of the complaint).

Its a process...the process begins with a formal inquiry.

Here’s some advice, when McConnell advises Senators to say they have read the report instead of trying to defend Trump, you too should decide to not defend the Presidents actions...

The actual question was "37. Do you think that President Trump should be impeached and removed from office, or don't you think so?"

The "and" kind of loads the question.  It's like asking if someone should be tried for murder AND executed.  That shouldn't be one question. 
:goodposting:  Classic double-barreled question.  In fact, bad enough you wonder about the person who wrote it.

I'm all aboard the Impeachment investigation train.  But I don't think he should be removed from office today.  

For those of you still struggling with " :shrug:  I don't think Trump did anything wrong!" - let me point you in the direction of the Chairwoman of the  Federal Election Commission:

https://twitter.com/EllenLWeintraub/status/1177335224662921226

Ellen L Weintraub @EllenLWeintraub

On “things of value” @FEC  : “Indeed, the Commission has recognized the ‘broad scope’ of the foreign national contribution prohibition and found that even where the value of a good or service ‘may be nominal or difficult to ascertain,’ such contributions are nevertheless banned.”

Oh boy, "impeachment inquiry" isn't even a legal term and Nadler started it well before Nancy made her jump. It's a nothing step because what they want to be there just isn't there. I'm starting to feel sorry for some of you. Brace yourselves please.

We are 48 hours into this...48...hours.

Presidential staffs keep better records that Trump Inc staff.
Also he's surrounded by less loyal people now than he was during his campaign.  It's not the loyalists who are blowing whistles.

The crimes are the same - the witnesses are different.

We are 48 hours into this...48...hours.
But not only that- virtually 100% of the info we’ve been given so far has been shocking, and all of it points to Trump’s guilt. There’s been no let downs, no nothingburgers, and everything has been extremely serious. So I have to wonder if some of the people here are reading the same stuff I am. 

For those of you still struggling with " :shrug:  I don't think Trump did anything wrong!" - let me point you in the direction of the Chairwoman of the  Federal Election Commission:

https://twitter.com/EllenLWeintraub/status/1177335224662921226

Ellen L Weintraub @EllenLWeintraub

On “things of value” @FEC  : “Indeed, the Commission has recognized the ‘broad scope’ of the foreign national contribution prohibition and found that even where the value of a good or service ‘may be nominal or difficult to ascertain,’ such contributions are nevertheless banned.”
Not struggling at all.  From what has been presented so far I know he did nothing criminal or worthy of impeachment.   :shrug:

But not only that- virtually 100% of the info we’ve been given so far has been shocking, and all of it points to Trump’s guilt. There’s been no let downs, no nothingburgers, and everything has been extremely serious. So I have to wonder if some of the people here are reading the same stuff I am. 
Half of the Americans who even care are reading the one-sided, carefully fed stuff you are and the other half of those who even care are reading the one-sided, carefully fed stuff that you aren't. And shockingly, the two sides are drawing entirely different conclusions. That's the downside of being in a bubble.

Huge 🍔 so far.  I share your exact feelings wondering if you are reading the same things I am.  This tells me the public will not change their opinion on impeachment and the polls will continue to not support it.

Half of the Americans who even care are reading the one-sided, carefully fed stuff you are and the other half of those who even care are reading the one-sided, carefully fed stuff that you aren't. And shockingly, the two sides are drawing entirely different conclusions. That's the downside of being in a bubble.
Most Americans aren’t in any kind of bubble. If you want to know what they’re hearing, turn on Good Morning America tomorrow. At the start of each hour they devote about two minutes to the political news before getting to entertainment and guests which is always their main topics. Watch their headlines. I’m telling you right now it’s 100% bad for Trump, and by early next week you’re going to see polling firmly in favor of his removal.

What I find lacking in most discussions here is that what Trump is currently facing impeachment for is nearly EXACTLY what he was accused of doing with Russia.
This. 

I don't know how anyone can process that information and not think he needs to be impeached? It also makes you wonder how much information has been buried over the last few years. 

Most Americans aren’t in any kind of bubble. If you want to know what they’re hearing, turn on Good Morning America tomorrow. At the start of each hour they devote about two minutes to the political news before getting to entertainment and guests which is always their main topics. Watch their headlines. I’m telling you right now it’s 100% bad for Trump, and by early next week you’re going to see polling firmly in favor of his removal.
What's more, look at the civil war going on at Fox News. 

That alone tells you the entire story here.

Users who are viewing this thread