What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (1 Viewer)

worried no - it will be 100% partisan voting and Trump will laugh at this impeachment like many American's will

but it IS a conflict of interest to be voting to remove the person you'd be running against, of COURSE you want to remove him - duh 
It’s certainly partisan, of that there is no question.  

Please show me where I’ve said I want him removed. I’ll save you some time, never have.  I despise him, no question, but all I’ve ever said is I want to see all the info.  I do believe he’s guilty based on what I’ve seen so far but am undecided on removal.   So not duh.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Please show me where I’ve said I want him removed. I’ll save you some time, never have.  I despise him, no question, but all I’ve ever said is I want to see all the info.  I do believe is guilty based on what I’ve seen so far but am undecided on removal.   So not duh.  
Wanting to know the truth is frowned upon, just parrot the talking points. 

If anything has been proven, 2016 proved we live in a simulation.  Come on man.  
Not so much 2016, as there being a tweet for literally everything Trump has done or said that contradicts what he does or says.

I mean, writers couldn't have developed a more consistent foil for Trump from 2016-present than Trump before 2016.  

Not so much 2016, as there being a tweet for literally everything Trump has done or said that contradicts what he does or says.

I mean, writers couldn't have developed a more consistent foil for Trump from 2016-present than Trump before 2016.  
Hence the mad genius of the programmers.  They’re clearly stretching the boundaries to find the breaking point. Genius. 

Hence the mad genius of the programmers.  They’re clearly stretching the boundaries to find the breaking point. Genius. 
The key to a good movie is not to disrupt the viewers suspension of disbelief.

I mean, there are these kinds of videos everywhere.  And tweets.  Oh Lordy, the tweets.

It's as if they're not even trying anymore.

I mean, if God were a programmer chugging Red Bull, who had buggy code, and occasionally had to step away from the computer to sleep or to use the bathroom, that would explain a lot of things.

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
The key to a good movie is not to disrupt the viewers suspension of disbelief.

I mean, there are these kinds of videos everywhere.

It's as if they're not even trying anymore.
Between Trump tweets and Seinfeld episodes there is a quote for everything known to man.  Only a master programmer could come up with something so fantastic.   

Please show me where I’ve said I want him removed. I’ll save you some time, never have.  I despise him, no question, but all I’ve ever said is I want to see all the info.  I do believe he’s guilty based on what I’ve seen so far but am undecided on removal.   So not duh.  
I never said you did I ?

sure he worked with other Govt's .... just like THEY ALL DO

I'll say this - if there is any witnesses called, it better include Joe "hairy legs" Biden and his son ... since they're literally at the core of this whole deal too

I'll say this - if there is any witnesses called, it better include Joe "hairy legs" Biden and his son ... since they're literally at the core of this whole deal too
Joe didn't do anything that could get Trump impeached.

Trump did that all on his own.  Or, perhaps, with some help from his private attorney.

I never said you did I ?

I apologize.  With the comma in your first post I read it as you were referring to me being the one wanting him removed.  In rereading it I clearly misinterpreted it.  

I don’t agree about the importance of the Biden’s but not going to argue that point as I know we’ll get no where on that.  

It's official, Trump and the GOP have left their supporters out to dry. Again.  

GOP concedes Trump may have withheld aid for probes but says it's not impeachable
Goalposts? We don't need no stinkin' goalposts!

(CNN) A growing number of GOP senators are now acknowledging that President Donald Trump may have leveraged US military aid to Ukraine in exchange for an announcement of investigations that could help him politically -- but they contend that even that conduct does not warrant removal from office or hearing from additional witnesses.

Republicans are arguing that the latest reports -- that former national security adviser John Bolton's book manuscript says that Trump told him in August that he was withholding $391 million in aid until Ukraine announced a probe into the Bidens -- are likely true but simply confirm what is already known.

And they are saying that new allegation, first revealed by The New York Times, is consistent with the details laid out by House Democratic managers in their case that Trump used official acts to urge a foreign power to undercut a leading political rival in the 2020 presidential campaign.

But they say that nothing in there is impeachable -- nor does it warrant the hearing from new witnesses since it confirms what is already known, they say. Yet it still remains to be seen if four Republicans break ranks to support witnesses, giving Democrats enough support that would dramatically change the course of Trump's trial.

Guys, remember when Trump had nothing to do with Russia?  And then it turns out that he had a lot to do with Russia?  Deny, Deny, Deny, ...can't deny anymore?  Admit it but claim it's not wrong!

We're there again.  NO QUID PRO QUO.  NONE....didn't happen.  Well, OK, something did happen but it wasn't that.  OK, so it was that, it was quid pro quo, but it wasn't wrong, it shouldn't be impeachable.

God...how many times do we have to go through the same charade?

I never said you did I ?

No, they’re literally not. 

Trump working with a foreign government to influence the 2020 elections IS PERFECTLY FINE.  

IT'S FINE.

IT'S FINE.

You can't impeach him for that.  Who wouldn't do it?  Who wouldn't sacrifice the security of our country in order to win an election?  Let the sinless among you cast the first impeachment stones.

If a person can't use the presidency to further their own interests while in office, what point is there in being president?  AMIRIGHT?

Guys, remember when Trump had nothing to do with Russia?  And then it turns out that he had a lot to do with Russia?  Deny, Deny, Deny, ...can't deny anymore?  Admit it but claim it's not wrong!

We're there again.  NO QUID PRO QUO.  NONE....didn't happen.  Well, OK, something did happen but it wasn't that.  OK, so it was that, it was quid pro quo, but it wasn't wrong, it shouldn't be impeachable.

God...how many times do we have to go through the same charade?
This all reminds me of an abusive relationship.  One party repeatedly hurts the other physically, mentally, or both and the abused always takes them back because "they've changed and love me".  It's really sad and concerning.  (No sarcasm intended) 

This all reminds me of an abusive relationship.  One party repeatedly hurts the other physically, mentally, or both and the abused always takes them back because "they've changed and love me".  It's really sad and concerning.  (No sarcasm intended) 
People are buggy.  They trust people they shouldn't.  Trump is clearly a person who should not be trusted, yet many do.  He connects with people in ways they long for, and in ways that prevent them from being able to see him for who he is.

"But he loves me"...is the equivalent to what many folks say about him. 

I love how Trumpists try to explain the brilliance of Dershowitz’s Constitutional pretzel to me but can’t explain why Trumps tax returns havent been turned over to Congress yet.

The explicit words dont matter it is this pretzel we came up with that does.

I’m tired of telling people their fly is down.

People are buggy.  They trust people they shouldn't.  Trump is clearly a person who should not be trusted, yet many do.  He connects with people in ways they long for, and in ways that prevent them from being able to see him for who he is.

"But he loves me"...is the equivalent to what many folks say about him. 
It is the typical con.  People rather dig deeper rather than admit they are a fool.

The maddening thing about Trump is we all have close family and friends that we thought knew better.

Trump is the guy in the bath robe sitting on the bed when Stormy came out of the bathroom.

In a way Trumpists are just like Stormy.

One thing though, even she admits he is a creep.

One more thing.  Cohen in jail for doing Trumps bidding.  It is on tape.

Next time a democrat in the executive Trump going to jail.

Not sure why this isn’t a bigger talking point.

worried no - it will be 100% partisan voting and Trump will laugh at this impeachment like many American's will

but it IS a conflict of interest to be voting to remove the person you'd be running against, of COURSE you want to remove him - duh 
I'm guessing you would tell us that the democrat candidates are all running on nothing but "I'm not Trump".   That the have no ideas except trying to make this a referendum on Trump.  So of course they want to remove the entire theme of their campaigns.

I still think the whole Hunter Biden thing is a ruse. But if they do call him, then the Senate will be doing  exactly what Trump was impeached for: using a fake scandal to try and bring down the Bidens. 

And assuming Trump is acquitted, and the Hunter Biden thing hurts his dad just enough to make Bernie the nominee and Trump is then re-elected, this whole thing becomes mission accomplished for Donald Trump. 

I still think the whole Hunter Biden thing is a ruse. But if they do call him, then the Senate will be doing  exactly what Trump was impeached for: using a fake scandal to try and bring down the Bidens. 

And assuming Trump is acquitted, and the Hunter Biden thing hurts his dad just enough to make Bernie the nominee and Trump is then re-elected, this whole thing becomes mission accomplished for Donald Trump. 
Honestly the damage is done already. Just the fact that anyone knows about Hunter Biden means that it worked. There doesn’t need to be legitimate investigation for Trump to create the doubt that he needs. The goal is to make it a repeat of 2016 and make the average voter chose the lesser of two evils and I think they’ve already done that if Biden is the nominee.

If there’s an offer of witness swap, they should take it. What Bolton has to say is likely worth it.

No. The Senate sets the rules for the impeachment.
I read a WSJ opinion the other day that argued that there is actually no vote required, and that it was within Roberts' purview to call witnesses. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: It was nytimes. Here it is

Yet Republican members of the Senate have signaled that they intend to uphold Mr. Trump’s unprecedented decision to block all of this material.

But it turns out they don’t get to make that choice — Chief Justice John Roberts does. This isn’t a matter of Democrats needing four “moderate” Republicans to vote for subpoenas and witnesses, as the Trump lawyers have been claiming. Rather, the impeachment rules, like all trial systems, put a large thumb on the scale of issuing subpoenas and place that power within the authority of the judge, in this case the chief justice.

Users who are viewing this thread