What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Maybe letting the voters decide with less than a year to go.  
What is so magical about this one year cutofff? And somehow I wonder this excuse of timing would be used regardless of when an impeachment occurred. 

"he has been president less than a year - you can't impeach and tale away what the voters wanted!'

"the midterms are right around the corner, let's have the new Congress decide his fate. we must wait until after that election!"

on and on and on 

I still think the whole Hunter Biden thing is a ruse. But if they do call him, then the Senate will be doing  exactly what Trump was impeached for: using a fake scandal to try and bring down the Bidens. 

And assuming Trump is acquitted, and the Hunter Biden thing hurts his dad just enough to make Bernie the nominee and Trump is then re-elected, this whole thing becomes mission accomplished for Donald Trump. 
Good posting except for the fact that Bernie is a much better candidate than a guy who is running in slo motion.  Trump would be torpedoing himself by taking out Biden.

Unless you are nipping at the bait to keep him trolling so he gets banned, why are you engaging?
Lol. I'm trying to keep him trolling? I'm not going to comment on his posting style. It's against the rules. Keep it on topic please.

There are some who complain that Trump supporters can't post here. This is a prime example of why it can nearly impossible to have an honest conversation. Stlrams, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a WSJ opinion the other day that argued that there is actually no vote required, and that it was within Roberts' purview to call witnesses. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: It was nytimes. Here it is
That article is wrong. The Democrats tried to pass an amendment to the impeachment rules so that Roberts would determine the relevancy of evidence but the Republicans voted it down. The Senate votes on the subpoenas. 

ETA: It appears the article is arguing that the Senate doesn't need to vote on subpoenas and the House managers naturally have subpoena power which may be valid, but that isn't how this is going to work. The Senators are going to vote on the subpoenas.

Lol. I'm trying to keep him trolling? I'm not going to comment on his posting style. It's against the rules. Keep it on topic please.

There are some who complain that Trump supporters can't post here. This is a prime example of why it can nearly impossible to have an honest conversation. Stlrams, I mean.
I agree, although one could argue that the Trump supporters capable of engaging in discussion have been run off leaving the ones who don't.

If the Republics don't call Bolton and his book comes out confirming what Donald did, that's going to be a bad look for them. Even low interest voters understand a cover up when they see one out in the open.

I still think the whole Hunter Biden thing is a ruse. But if they do call him, then the Senate will be doing  exactly what Trump was impeached for: using a fake scandal to try and bring down the Bidens. 

And assuming Trump is acquitted, and the Hunter Biden thing hurts his dad just enough to make Bernie the nominee and Trump is then re-elected, this whole thing becomes mission accomplished for Donald Trump. 
What ever happened to that banner.  I mean I know they could make up another to have him stand in front of it but it would not be as compelling as having the original.  A piece of Americana like that hopefully has been preserved, maybe in the Smithsonian.

Honestly the damage is done already. Just the fact that anyone knows about Hunter Biden means that it worked. There doesn’t need to be legitimate investigation for Trump to create the doubt that he needs. The goal is to make it a repeat of 2016 and make the average voter chose the lesser of two evils and I think they’ve already done that if Biden is the nominee.

If there’s an offer of witness swap, they should take it. What Bolton has to say is likely worth it.
I am starting to wonder about how much more we can get out of Bolton if he repeats that the President told him the aid was held back until Ukraine started an investigation into the Bidens. It could be a bit of “we already know that from the NYT article, what else do you have to say?” And if the only way is to get this is to make it is  a kangaroo court  about the Bidens, I don’t like it.

What ever happened to that banner.  I mean I know they could make up another to have him stand in front of it but it would not be as compelling as having the original.  A piece of Americana like that hopefully has been preserved, maybe in the Smithsonian.
Ah, I found my answer.  The Bush Presidential Library.

https://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/11/18/political.circus/index.html

Turns out the Library does not have the complete set of first edition Curious George Books.  Whoever told me that is wrong!

So no one can provide the actual manuscript....  shocking.  It’s the piranhas of fbgs that smell blood....
You're right. Since the actual manuscript can't be provided, it's too bad there's no way to find out what Bolton actually knows and says. Somebody ought to invent some way to do that. Maybe we could even come up with a catchy name for it like "witness testimony">

And the law of unintended consequences biting the Dems in the ###.  Maybe letting the voters decide with less than a year to go.  

The moderate dems hand over reigns of leadership  to the far left.
Maybe we let the voters decide against these senators...but the actions of the President aren't jsut those that you ignore and let the voters decide.  As has been pointed out...that sets the precedent that in the last year and a half of a term that any president can do what they want...because, you know, we need to let the voters decide.

Far left?  You think Nancy is on the far left?  You think the far left were the only ones calling for his impeachment?

Oh.   No he didnt.  But sure he was impeached.   Just not gonna be convicted.  What's the remedy?

In this country its elections.  

No choice in a political  act.    That's funny.
If the GOP would allow witnesses and honestly look at what aTrump did...the remedy would be removal.  Because its coming to the point already that they admit he did what has been claimed.

Its a political act because the GOP are making it so.

I wonder how the Democratic Presidential nominee candidates will vote in this trial with the person they're going to run against being the one they're voting to remove?

Conflict of interest? naw ,,,, pffffttttt they'll be impartial I bet 
Less of a conflict of interest than Republican Senators who have accepted large campaign contributions from members of Trump's legal team.

Yes let’s hear what he has to say or at least get the manuscript rather then relying on what the media says via their anonymous sources that everyone loves to run with..
Is anyone in here saying just rely about what the media says?  

I heard on POTUS Radio that even if Trump is impeached he can still run again for POTUS as the Republican candidate.  Is that correct?

Oh.   No he didnt.  But sure he was impeached.   Just not gonna be convicted.  What's the remedy?

For the first time since this all started, between yesterday and today, there’s about a 1% chance he does get removed.  It’s still obviously very unlikely but it’s infinitely more likely than it was before the Bolton leaks when that chance was 0.

Has Bolton testified or have we seen manuscript yet.  Until either happens it’s hersey. 
Hershey? Heresy? Hearsay? 

Assuming you mean the latter, hearsay testimony is very likely permitted in this sort of hearing. 

President Trump’s tweets these morning seem to indicate that, given the choice, he would prefer not to have witnesses. 
Which is kind of funny given Graham now wants to see the manuscript.  It's even more funny coming from Graham that he wants to see the manuscript but doesn't want the witnesses :lmao:  

I swear to God, I just read this post in Brick Tamland's voice from Anchorman and I can't stop giggling.

Hershey? Heresy? Hearsay? 

Assuming you mean the latter, hearsay testimony is very likely permitted in this sort of hearing. 

801(d) Statements That Are Not Hearsay. A statement that meets the following conditions is not hearsay:

(2) An Opposing Party’s Statement. The statement is offered against an opposing party and:

(A) was made by the party in an individual or representative capacity;

(B) is one the party manifested that it adopted or believed to be true;

(C) was made by a person whom the party authorized to make a statement on the subject;

(D) was made by the party’s agent or employee on a matter within the scope of that relationship and while it existed; or

(E) was made by the party’s coconspirator during and in furtherance of the conspiracy.

803 The following are not excluded by the rule against hearsay, regardless of whether the declarant is available as a witness:

(3) Then-Existing Mental, Emotional, or Physical Condition.A statement of the declarant’s then-existing state of mind (such as motive, intent, or plan) or emotional, sensory, or physical condition (such as mental feeling, pain, or bodily health), but not including a statement of memory or belief to prove the fact remembered or believed unless it relates to the validity or terms of the declarant’s will.

I wish she would shut up and let them answer (or give non answers). Did the reporter ever stop talking?
She seemed to chime in when he wouldn't answer the question asked.  It gets annoying...but at the same time, I wish more reporters would force the answers to what they are asking.

Too often we get the bogus non-answer and they move on.  Nobody is pressed on the actual questions.

We all know there will be no witnesses.
In the long run, that will help the Democrats more than having them.

Even with witnesses, no matter how damaging Bolton's testimony is, there's still a 0% chance that enough GOP Senators vote to remove him from office.  So the ones who are in swing states and in jeopardy of losing their seats in November will be 'allowed' to vote for removal, because McConnell knows he easily has the numbers. 

But if those same swing state senators vote for no witnesses, their opponents will have a field day with ads calling them out on their cover-up cooperation.  

Losing Senate seats would be brutal for the GOP. 

Definitely not as bad for the country as a BJ, amirite?
B.J.'s are fine.  Perjuring oneself to deny a victim a rightful recovery, and doing so hoping the majesty of one's office will protect one from Court oversight when the court has already been somewhat deferential is another matter.  It is a question of whether presidents are above the law and whether the courts are a co-equal branch of government. 

He could have simply told the truth and accepted his medicine. Now we find ourselves here, years later, with a man who seems unacquainted with truth at all.

Interesting question.  If he is removed from office before serving a full term does that count as a term in office or could he still serve two full terms in addition to the partial term he has served? 
Can't run for another term if it means his total would be to serve more than 10 years per Constitution, if that still means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread