Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

snitwitch

3 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Curious if all the impeachers in this fourm are happy with these expected results?

Time and energy well invested?

Have the proceedings moved the country forward?

No. Donald Trump should have been removed.

The GOP running a con job to cover up his corruption doesn't make me happy at all. Our country is in a bad spot. And the GOP made it worse.

Edited by whoknew
  • Like 5
  • Laughing 1

14 minutes ago, The Commish said:

What do you call setting a precedent where the President can use his office/power for his personal advances?

Corruption. Looking the other way while someone commits an impeachable offense.

i wouldn’t call it totalitarianism though. You know what that word means; would you call it that? 

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, cobalt_27 said:

I am not happy to learn the extent to which our president manipulated the interests of the country and our national security to his sole benefit and further abused his power by engaging in a cover up.  Further, I am not happy that even his supporters acknowledge all the wrong-doing and lack the moral integrity and courage to do anything about it. 

But, to the extent this impeachment—obstructed as it was—exposed even this much Is a service to the voters.  And for that, I am grateful.  

Your answer is way better than mine. So forget what I wrote. I just endorse this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Curious if all the impeachers in this fourm are happy with these expected results?

Time and energy well invested?

Have the proceedings moved the country forward?

Yep I just agree with @cobalt_27 and it’s good to see that the whistleblower statute worked as intended and even better than. Worth noting that Sen. Rand Paul himself was one of the original champions of that law.

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yep I just agree with @cobalt_27 and it’s good to see that the whistleblower statute worked as intended and even better than. Worth noting that Sen. Rand Paul himself was one of the original champions of that law.

Man, Rand may be the biggest loser in this entire thing. 

Getting your question shot down twice, storming out.  As a Kentuckian--it's just a bad look.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I think both sides live in their own bubble.  Just look at this forum for proof.  It was a victory for Trump.  No other way to spin it.

So he was impeached in the House and we now see Republicans Senators (Sasse, Rubio, Murkowski and other will follow) agreeing with Sen Alexander that what Trump did was wrong but that misconduct doesn’t rise to the level of removal. The President will spin it as a victory but historians and his legacy will be forever stained. That’s not to say he won’t be re-elected in 2020 as there will be many like you who will also spin it differently.

15 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

As aggressively as McConnell does. He wields power like he’s not so much in a democracy as a back alley knife fight. Admittedly it’s effective but corrosive for democracy. He completely stopped any progress while team D was in power and used any means necessary when he was in power. Obama wasted years trying to work with these guys when they said day one their only agenda was to ruin him. Never mind what’s good for the country. So the needle had been moved steadily right for 40 year’s and in my opinion the citizens have suffered for it. 

Dems need to understand what kind of people they are operating against and act accordingly. I haven’t seen an ounce of good faith in Republicans in a generation. So be it. Off with the gloves and let’s mix it up for once. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”  -Oscar Wilde

Sounds to me like you admire Trump and the GOP a lot more than you admit...

3 hours ago, Herb said:

You didn't answer his question.

And it's interesting that you include the caveats about being a decent person, given those you choose to support. 

I did, but you Bidenguys don’t want to hear it. And it’s not my fault that Hunter is a drug addict with a long criminal history and Don JR and Ivanka aren’t. If he used Chelsea Clinton as an example instead I would have said the same thing since she’s an upstanding citizen. Hunter Biden couldn’t even get a security clearance to work in the Capital snack bar, yet he’s running around the world with his dad on Air Force 2 doing billion dollar deals in China. See the problem here?

19 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

I did, but you Bidenguys don’t want to hear it. And it’s not my fault that Hunter is a drug addict with a long criminal history and Don JR and Ivanka aren’t. If he used Chelsea Clinton as an example instead I would have said the same thing since she’s an upstanding citizen. Hunter Biden couldn’t even get a security clearance to work in the Capital snack bar, yet he’s running around the world with his dad on Air Force 2 doing billion dollar deals in China. See the problem here?

Hmmm, pretty sure there were some other "kids" that were initially denied security clearance for things much more important than the snack bar, but then rules were bent to give them it...

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Hunter Biden couldn’t even get a security clearance to work in the Capital snack bar, yet he’s running around the world with his dad on Air Force 2 doing billion dollar deals in China. See the problem here?

How are you saying things like this and ignoring Trump personally overriding denials of security clearances for Kushner? Hunter Biden will be nowhere near the WH unless it's social. Kushner is a white house executive senior counsel.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How are you saying things like this and ignoring Trump personally overriding denials of security clearances for Kushner? Hunter Biden will be nowhere near the WH unless it's social. Kushner is a white house executive senior counsel.

But Kushner comes from a good, law-abiding family with absolutely no history of political/criminal shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Corruption. Looking the other way while someone commits an impeachable offense.

i wouldn’t call it totalitarianism though. You know what that word means; would you call it that? 

No one did...he said it was moving us towards totalitarianism.

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

If only we could all be “upstanding citizens” like Don Jr: 

https://hillreporter.com/5-possible-crimes-committed-by-donald-trump-jr-28359

9 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

No, the populations are represented by the house, the states by the senate.  Just as big people get no more of a vote, big states are coequal, in the senate, with regular sized and small states.  The outsized populations of big states has already had their say in the house.

I submit that if we had direct democracy very soon the urban centers would separate from the rest of the country, we would be fractured.  The set up is genius in that it is what keeps us the states united, or at least it has.  We are so divided now who knows if we can ever truly unite.

The problem is how big the discrepancy in population is. DC which has no representation in the Senate has more people than Wyoming. 

3 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Rand Paul is a disgrace. He should be held accountable for his actions.

• Laughing 1

9 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I detect a lack of civics education on the left.  Also on the right.  Seems both sides want what they want regardless of the constitution and generally only refer to it when they think it supports their immediate point, but even then, they often misunderstand it.

Time to reintroduce civics into our school curriculums.  Time to make it mandatory that before one can vote they would, at a minimum, have to be able to pass our citizenship test we impose upon immigrants wishing to naturalize.  Time we make it mandatory to hold federal office that federal officeholders can not only pass the same test, but that they have to score 100% on the test.  We may also want a subsection for judges that they were never part of the Renate fan club, but that might be too specific.

Lack of critical thinking is worse, but I wont argue with someone say those are issues one and two in the current education model. 

5 hours ago, whoknew said:

No. Donald Trump should have been removed.

The GOP running a con job to cover up his corruption doesn't make me happy at all. Our country is in a bad spot. And the GOP made it worse.

It was always going to get worse before it got better. We arent to bottom yet either. 

12 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:
4 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

You’re forgetting the Trump U, Trump Foundation, and Condo lawsuits here, aren’t you?

He isn't forgetting. He doesn't care

Process crimes, or All rich people do it, or All politicians lie, or Hillary did much worse, or ...... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Plus Trump got caught.  Like saying the bank suffered no damage because the bank robbers got caught in the parking lot.

To me it is like being a Soviet and getting an Olympic gold medal in an event where the Soviet judge  had a wild disparity of points for the Soviet participant.  "Yeah, we won, and nobody will question our great wictory".

Also like the 1972 Olympic basketball game.

• Like 1