What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

I can't imagine that McConnell wants this to go to the floor. He will do everything he can to avoid a vote on a censure that would force the moderate Republicans to publicly repudiate Trump in any way.
And that will be yet another obvious attempt to cover-up and let Trump get away with anything he wants.  The more that we have on official record, the worse it's going to be as facts keep trickling out. 

He can argue what he wants.  He doesnt actually get a say.
Yes, but that's not what people were discussing. The discussion was about whether it was laughable to think that anyone would ever actually make such a ridiculous argument. The answer is that it's not laughable because somebody (Dershowitz) did in fact make that argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.  That's extremely  likely.   I'm sick of Alaska anyway.  
So where exactly is the line that the President can't cross before R's finally decide it's too much?  The argument is basically that the President has ultimate immunity, and can do whatever he wants, he can't be investigated, he can't be indicted, he can't be impeached.  And knowing him he'll game the system and resign the day before he leaves office so Mr. Pence can pardon him for anything anyone may want to come after him for once he's done.  I guess that will be cool too right?

Hypothetically:
If Biden gets elected but the republicans gain control of the house, could they impeach him without calling any witnesses? 

I think they've shown they know no shame, but you can bet they're praying that Trump and Barr are successful in making sure Bolton's book never sees the light of day and he is warned that his information is classified information and if he grants interviews, he'll be jailed. Sound extreme? Almost like a country with a dictator?  Just watch
Samizdat, FTW

Hypothetically:
If Biden gets elected but the republicans gain control of the house, could they impeach him without calling any witnesses? 
Obviously, the answer is yes. The House sets its rules, and the Senate theirs.  If there are specific House rules on drafting and voting on articles of impeachment, the new GOP majority in the House can simply change those rules.

Some are riding the ship all the way down , they’re  pot committed 
HT, I'm no Trump alarmist nor am I pot committed to anything, and Dershowitz's performance mixed with the non-calling of witnesses left a sick feeling in my stomach and I could not intellectually rectify it against anything -- even if the move to impeach was pure politics, it sure sounds like they found an issue that could have potentially left the country compromised, had senators admit to such, and still can't even censure him.

The precedent set is awful, the legal reasoning foul, the result a blow to justice rightly understood. 

Senator Joe Manchin is offering a censure resolution to be voted on.

This is a challenge for those Republicans, like Alexander and Rubio, who have said that Trump's behavior was inappropriate but that impeachment is too high a punishment. Now let's see if they mean it.
:popcorn:   !!!

KPD said:
So where exactly is the line that the President can't cross before R's finally decide it's too much?  The argument is basically that the President has ultimate immunity, and can do whatever he wants, he can't be investigated, he can't be indicted, he can't be impeached.  And knowing him he'll game the system and resign the day before he leaves office so Mr. Pence can pardon him for anything anyone may want to come after him for once he's done.  I guess that will be cool too right?
If they move from (R) to (D)....that's the line.

You think Trump will apologize tongiht for his role in the impeachment. Call for National unity and healing? 
I'd be willing to bet it's the exact opposite. He will refer to it a sham and suggest that Democrats owe HIM an apology. And then hold them responsible for dividing the country. We've all seen his act enough times. And that act never contains an ounce of contrition. 

Donald J. Trump didn't get where he is by being the bigger man. His audience and his ego demands that he kick his opponents when they've dared to challenge him. Unity and healing is for losers.

Donald J. Trump didn't get where he is by being the bigger man. His audience and his ego demands that he kick his opponents when they've dared to challenge him. Unity and healing is for losers.
I'm sure Pelosi and Schiff will appologize for their roles in it and ask for Unity and healing.  Or is it only the side that you don't support that is supposed to ask for those things?

I'm sure Pelosi and Schiff will appologize for their roles in it and ask for Unity and healing.  Or is it only the side that you don't support that is supposed to ask for those things?
Your talking point has been undercut by all the Republicans who have conceded that Trump committed acts of wrongdoing.

Your talking point has been undercut by all the Republicans who have conceded that Trump committed acts of wrongdoing.
And yours by all the Dems that said they were going to Impeach Trump shortly after the 2016 election.  
Huh? You seem to be confusing two separate groups of people.

I mean, I suppose you could argue that Joe Blow Local Democrat From 2016 owes Trump and the nation an apology for calling for his impeachment in 2016. (Just like how Republican Senator Joni Ernst owes Joe Biden an apology -- which she still hasn't given despite her attempt to walk back her statement, btw.)

But you do realize that the people from 2016 didn't actually impeach Trump, don't you?

Nancy Pelosi doesn't owe Trump or the nation an apology, as her actions were validated by multiple prominent Republicans (Lamar Alexander, Marco Rubio, Susan Collins, etc.).

And yours by all the Dems that said they were going to Impeach Trump shortly after the 2016 election.  
Sorry, why is it undercut? I think the argument is that some Dems were pointing to specific behavior, right? Haven't those arguments come to fruition in how Trump has actually behaved in office? Looking at those early articles is illuminating.

I'd be willing to bet it's the exact opposite. He will refer to it a sham and suggest that Democrats owe HIM an apology. And then hold them responsible for dividing the country. We've all seen his act enough times. And that act never contains an ounce of contrition. 
I doubt it.  It would take some huge stones to stand in that Chamber and go off like that.  They all know he did it.  

I doubt it.  It would take some huge stones to stand in that Chamber and go off like that.  They all know he did it.  
I think he might have the stones. He's not a happy camper about having that permanent impeached label.  Wouldn't shock me to see the Republicans give him a standing ovation for it either. 

"Democrats have been willing to impeach Trump for no reason at all since the day he was elected!"

January 2017
February 2017
March 2017
April 2017
May 2017
June 2017
July 2017
August 2017
Sepetember 2017
October 2017
November 2017
December 2017