What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

No, the precedent has been set that you can go after any politician for anything.
Eh this whole ‘the House did enough evidence’ argument proves too muck. 19 witnesses, Bolton’s book, a 40 page whistleblower report that went through an IG, CIA counsel, DOJ counsel, WH counsel, Trump public statements, 3 indictments in SDNY.... that’s not a low bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that this is over it sort of takes the steam out of this thread.
This thread always had one ending, but it was never solely about the end result.  The R’s were never removing Trump from office and the D’s were always voting him off. 

What remains is how history judges this impeachment and the people in this thread were likely more interested in the facts than which way the partisan senators voted. 

Eh this whole ‘the House did enough evidence’ argument proves too muck. 19 witnesses, Bolton’s book, a 40 page whistleblower report that went through an IG, CIA counsel, DOJ counsel, WH counsel, Trump public statements, 3 indictments in SDNY.... that’s not a low bar.
Come on man... 

Apparently none for Trump.

I am concerned there will consequences for the country regarding unchecked power of the president.  
Meh, it's just par for the course.  Clinton was acquitted for perjury and obstruction of justice and he's still invited to all the ex president parties.  We survived.

After an embarrassing Iowa Caucus that called into question the integrity of their party, and also revealed Biden to not be an actual contender for president (which negates the entire premise of the impeachment hoax), and after a SOTU in which the Democrats showed their ### booing American prosperity and American heroes (many of them women and minorities), and going into the final vote to acquit Trump from their latest deranged attempt to overthrow the president.....

Mitt ####### Romney is their hero.

🤣
Doesn't it actually prove the effectiveness of Trump's abuse of power? Even without getting the "investigation" he wanted, he has managed to damage Biden's reputation and electibility.

Doesn't it actually prove the effectiveness of Trump's abuse of power? Even without getting the "investigation" he wanted, he has managed to damage Biden's reputation and electibility.
and there it is, a nice built in excuse for whatever happens to whomever, always going to be 'Trumps' fault.  I have a feeling we will be hearing this POV a lot in the coming months

It’s basically the entire case the Republicans presented. “The President wasn’t interested in the Bidens, only in Ukrainian corruption, but while we are here we really need to investigate the Bidens”

One of the funny ironies in all of this is just how unnecessary the Ukraine extortion was when Rudy, George Solomon, and Fox News were perfectly capable of amplifying the message themselves. 

But, you know, very stable genius. 

One of the funny ironies in all of this is just how unnecessary the Ukraine extortion was when Rudy, George Solomon, and Fox News were perfectly capable of amplifying the message themselves. 

But, you know, very stable genius. 
There was also no need for Trump to use Rudy and his cronies to go after Yovanovitch.  She serves at your pleasure. Just replace her and be done with it.   Instead he has to try and stain her reputation.  The guy just enjoys attacking people even when there's no reason for it.  I think there's a name for people like that but I can't think of it right now.  

Recently Browsing   4 members

rockaction

whoknew

Kasparov

-jb-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This must be that 3-D chess we're always talkin' bout. Good to see you, Kasparov. I always read those chess threads.

Recently Browsing   4 members

rockaction

whoknew

Kasparov

-jb-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This must be that 3-D chess we're always talkin' bout. Good to see you, Kasparov. I always read those chess threads.
I do too even though I have no f’n clue what they are talking about. I’ve always wanted to be better at chess, but it’s a total mystery to me

I do too even though I have no f’n clue what they are talking about. I’ve always wanted to be better at chess, but it’s a total mystery to me
I'm exactly the same as you. Love the idea of it, can't even begin to grasp basics. 

eta* Very sure you're not taking it that way, but that post was by way of commiseration, not insult. 

This thread always had one ending, but it was never solely about the end result.  The R’s were never removing Trump from office and the D’s were always voting him off. 

What remains is how history judges this impeachment and the people in this thread were likely more interested in the facts than which way the partisan senators voted. 
I would include the senators ignoring the rule of law by blocking witnesses and evidence, too. First time in the history of the US for impeachment hearings. 

Impeachment was always a political gamble with an R senate and this one failed miserably.  Along with the Russia scam and now his highest job approval ratings of all time, Democrats have handed Trump the most beautiful 2020 re-election gift.  

It was foolish to think voters would go for an impeachment attempt based on an absurdly convoluted palace intrigue drama, over the most inconsequential infraction that the average voter frankly couldn’t give a #### about, meanwhile laundering their Cold War 2.0 ideology.  It was fairly predictable that an impeachment attempt animated by hyperpartisanship that ignored his most serious crimes would end up like this.  

They should just take the L here and pray that the better parts of the Democratic party can bail them out in November.  

Impeachment was always a political gamble with an R senate and this one failed miserably.  Along with the Russia scam and now his highest job approval ratings of all time, Democrats have handed Trump the most beautiful 2020 re-election gift.  

It was foolish to think voters would go for an impeachment attempt based on an absurdly convoluted palace intrigue drama, over the most inconsequential infraction that the average voter frankly couldn’t give a #### about, meanwhile laundering their Cold War 2.0 ideology.  It was fairly predictable that an impeachment attempt animated by hyperpartisanship that ignored his most serious crimes would end up like this.  

They should just take the L here and pray that the better parts of the Democratic party can bail them out in November.  
Yea.. I think you are reading this wrong.. take todays "victory" speech.. Trump is showing his true colors.. and that is not a good thing.   Especially for the Senate.. You know the truth is going to come out.  And when it does.. it is going to take down the Rep Senate that did not allow the truth to come out.  

You have Republicans saying what Trump did was wrong... that will be in election adds going forward. 

Over half the country wanted him impeached and removed from office, so I'd say the average voter cared quite a bit.

Also, none of this has anything to do with the cold war. At all.

Over half the country wanted him impeached and removed from office, so I'd say the average voter cared quite a bit.

Also, none of this has anything to do with the cold war. At all.
A lot of people would agree he deserves to be impeached.  I certainly would.  That’s a separate question from whether he should be impeached over an inconsequential phonecall however.  

You don’t think there was a cold war theme with all the Russia-bashing, the ‘all roads lead to Putin’ stuff, the ‘fighting them in Ukraine so we don’t have to fight them over here’ rhetoric, Schiff constantly drawing parallels between American constitutionalism and Russian oligarchy?  Give me a break.  

The entire question of ‘aid’ to Ukraine was centered on whether Trump was appropriate in his delivery of military hardware for a US-backed proxy war between Ukraine and Russia.  Of course it has to do with the Cold War.  It has everything to do with the new Cold War.  

A lot of people would agree he deserves to be impeached.  I certainly would.  That’s a separate question from whether he should be impeached over an inconsequential phonecall however. 
No, that's what I was talking about. This specific impeachment.

You don’t think there was a cold war theme with all the Russia-bashing, the ‘all roads lead to Putin’ stuff, the ‘fighting them in Ukraine so we don’t have to fight them over here’ rhetoric, Schiff constantly drawing parallels between American constitutionalism and Russian oligarchy?  Give me a break.
Well, Russia attacked us during the last Presidential election, whether you chose to believe it or not.

And Trump abusing his power doesn't really have anything to do with Ukraine specifically. He would've been impeached just the same if the country in question was Guatemala.

The entire question of ‘aid’ to Ukraine was centered on whether Trump was appropriate in his delivery of military hardware for a US-backed proxy war between Ukraine and Russia.  Of course it has to do with the Cold War.  It has everything to do with the new Cold War.  
Why do people keep repeating stuff like this as of it was inly about the phone call?

Well, Russia attacked us during the last Presidential election, whether you chose to believe it or not.

And Trump abusing his power doesn't really have anything to do with Ukraine specifically. He would've been impeached just the same if the country in question was Guatemala.
I wouldn’t really categorize true information and memes as an “attack.”  

FWIW, I don’t think Hunter Biden is hurting his father in the primaries. A much simpler explanation, consistent with our experience in 1988 and 2008, is that Joe Biden is pretty lousy at running for President. 
So does the DOJ investigate Hunter now or is there a silent auction at Mar-A-Lago or something for the privilege to do so?  I don't know how any of this works any longer.

Internal documents from Fox News show that the network was fully aware that frequent guests like John Solomon and Rudy Giuliani (and others) were spreading disinformation re Ukraine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-internal-document-bashes-john-solomon-joe-digenova-and-rudy-giuliani-for-spreading-disinformation
Well, Fox execs are probably periodically concerned that they step so far over the line that even their most poorly informed viewers will see it for what it is.

The Revenge begins: Washington Post reports that President Trump has targeted Alexander Vindman as his the first person to be removed. 

Asked if he wants Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman out of the White House, Trump responded,

"Well, I'm not happy with him. You think I'm supposed to be happy with him? I'm not. They'll make that decision...they're going to be making that decision."

OMG the people outraged about Kaepernick will probably burn the WH down upon hearing this! 
Nope...saw a comment elsewhere that in addition to being removed from his position he should be court martialled.  
Thats what happens when you cross Trump...people i once thought were reasonable making claims like that.

Nope...saw a comment elsewhere that in addition to being removed from his position he should be court martialled.  
Thats what happens when you cross Trump...people i once thought were reasonable making claims like that.
:mellow:   Yeah, I know. It was racism, not disrespecting the troops.  The KKK hides under hoods because they're cowards.  Social media has become that hood. 

Users who are viewing this thread