Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

snitwitch

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

One of the funny ironies in all of this is just how unnecessary the Ukraine extortion was when Rudy, George Solomon, and Fox News were perfectly capable of amplifying the message themselves. 

But, you know, very stable genius. 

There was also no need for Trump to use Rudy and his cronies to go after Yovanovitch.  She serves at your pleasure. Just replace her and be done with it.   Instead he has to try and stain her reputation.  The guy just enjoys attacking people even when there's no reason for it.  I think there's a name for people like that but I can't think of it right now.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

FWIW, I don’t think Hunter Biden is hurting his father in the primaries. A much simpler explanation, consistent with our experience in 1988 and 2008, is that Joe Biden is pretty lousy at running for President. 

I've been trying to say this for some time.

Recently Browsing   4 members

rockaction

whoknew

Kasparov

-jb-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This must be that 3-D chess we're always talkin' bout. Good to see you, Kasparov. I always read those chess threads.

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Recently Browsing   4 members

rockaction

whoknew

Kasparov

-jb-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This must be that 3-D chess we're always talkin' bout. Good to see you, Kasparov. I always read those chess threads.

I do too even though I have no f’n clue what they are talking about. I’ve always wanted to be better at chess, but it’s a total mystery to me

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I do too even though I have no f’n clue what they are talking about. I’ve always wanted to be better at chess, but it’s a total mystery to me

I'm exactly the same as you. Love the idea of it, can't even begin to grasp basics. 

eta* Very sure you're not taking it that way, but that post was by way of commiseration, not insult. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, shader said:

This thread always had one ending, but it was never solely about the end result.  The R’s were never removing Trump from office and the D’s were always voting him off. 

What remains is how history judges this impeachment and the people in this thread were likely more interested in the facts than which way the partisan senators voted. 

I would include the senators ignoring the rule of law by blocking witnesses and evidence, too. First time in the history of the US for impeachment hearings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shader said:

This thread always had one ending, but it was never solely about the end result.  The R’s were never removing Trump from office and the D’s were always voting him off. 

What remains is how history judges this impeachment and the people in this thread were likely more interested in the facts than which way the partisan senators voted. 

Impeachment was always a political gamble with an R senate and this one failed miserably.  Along with the Russia scam and now his highest job approval ratings of all time, Democrats have handed Trump the most beautiful 2020 re-election gift.  

It was foolish to think voters would go for an impeachment attempt based on an absurdly convoluted palace intrigue drama, over the most inconsequential infraction that the average voter frankly couldn’t give a #### about, meanwhile laundering their Cold War 2.0 ideology.  It was fairly predictable that an impeachment attempt animated by hyperpartisanship that ignored his most serious crimes would end up like this.  

They should just take the L here and pray that the better parts of the Democratic party can bail them out in November.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Impeachment was always a political gamble with an R senate and this one failed miserably.  Along with the Russia scam and now his highest job approval ratings of all time, Democrats have handed Trump the most beautiful 2020 re-election gift.  

It was foolish to think voters would go for an impeachment attempt based on an absurdly convoluted palace intrigue drama, over the most inconsequential infraction that the average voter frankly couldn’t give a #### about, meanwhile laundering their Cold War 2.0 ideology.  It was fairly predictable that an impeachment attempt animated by hyperpartisanship that ignored his most serious crimes would end up like this.  

They should just take the L here and pray that the better parts of the Democratic party can bail them out in November.  

Yea.. I think you are reading this wrong.. take todays "victory" speech.. Trump is showing his true colors.. and that is not a good thing.   Especially for the Senate.. You know the truth is going to come out.  And when it does.. it is going to take down the Rep Senate that did not allow the truth to come out.  

You have Republicans saying what Trump did was wrong... that will be in election adds going forward. 

• Laughing 1

25 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Over half the country wanted him impeached and removed from office, so I'd say the average voter cared quite a bit.

Also, none of this has anything to do with the cold war. At all.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

39 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Over half the country wanted him impeached and removed from office, so I'd say the average voter cared quite a bit.

Also, none of this has anything to do with the cold war. At all.

A lot of people would agree he deserves to be impeached.  I certainly would.  That’s a separate question from whether he should be impeached over an inconsequential phonecall however.  

You don’t think there was a cold war theme with all the Russia-bashing, the ‘all roads lead to Putin’ stuff, the ‘fighting them in Ukraine so we don’t have to fight them over here’ rhetoric, Schiff constantly drawing parallels between American constitutionalism and Russian oligarchy?  Give me a break.  

The entire question of ‘aid’ to Ukraine was centered on whether Trump was appropriate in his delivery of military hardware for a US-backed proxy war between Ukraine and Russia.  Of course it has to do with the Cold War.  It has everything to do with the new Cold War.  

Edited by ren hoek

2 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

A lot of people would agree he deserves to be impeached.  I certainly would.  That’s a separate question from whether he should be impeached over an inconsequential phonecall however. 

No, that's what I was talking about. This specific impeachment.

5 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

You don’t think there was a cold war theme with all the Russia-bashing, the ‘all roads lead to Putin’ stuff, the ‘fighting them in Ukraine so we don’t have to fight them over here’ rhetoric, Schiff constantly drawing parallels between American constitutionalism and Russian oligarchy?  Give me a break.

Well, Russia attacked us during the last Presidential election, whether you chose to believe it or not.

And Trump abusing his power doesn't really have anything to do with Ukraine specifically. He would've been impeached just the same if the country in question was Guatemala.

24 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

The entire question of ‘aid’ to Ukraine was centered on whether Trump was appropriate in his delivery of military hardware for a US-backed proxy war between Ukraine and Russia.  Of course it has to do with the Cold War.  It has everything to do with the new Cold War.  

Why do people keep repeating stuff like this as of it was inly about the phone call?

18 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Well, Russia attacked us during the last Presidential election, whether you chose to believe it or not.

And Trump abusing his power doesn't really have anything to do with Ukraine specifically. He would've been impeached just the same if the country in question was Guatemala.

I wouldn’t really categorize true information and memes as an “attack.”  

Internal documents from Fox News show that the network was fully aware that frequent guests like John Solomon and Rudy Giuliani (and others) were spreading disinformation re Ukraine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-internal-document-bashes-john-solomon-joe-digenova-and-rudy-giuliani-for-spreading-disinformation

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

5 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Internal documents from Fox News show that the network was fully aware that frequent guests like John Solomon and Rudy Giuliani (and others) were spreading disinformation re Ukraine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-internal-document-bashes-john-solomon-joe-digenova-and-rudy-giuliani-for-spreading-disinformation

Oh wow! It's like they are a propaganda arm of the GOP. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

FWIW, I don’t think Hunter Biden is hurting his father in the primaries. A much simpler explanation, consistent with our experience in 1988 and 2008, is that Joe Biden is pretty lousy at running for President. 

So does the DOJ investigate Hunter now or is there a silent auction at Mar-A-Lago or something for the privilege to do so?  I don't know how any of this works any longer.

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm sure that'll put an end to the Biden/Ukraine story at FOX News.

• Laughing 2

15 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Well, Fox execs are probably periodically concerned that they step so far over the line that even their most poorly informed viewers will see it for what it is.

58 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Love that photo.  He looks like the older brother Chet in the movie Weird Science.  Its a good look.

If only he could be in a debate with Trump and proclaim “You’re stewed buttwad”**

RIP Bill Paxton

** Note: Before this gets reported im not calling anyone a buttwad but quoting a movie.  #noban

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

OMG the people outraged about Kaepernick will probably burn the WH down upon hearing this! 

Nope...saw a comment elsewhere that in addition to being removed from his position he should be court martialled.  
Thats what happens when you cross Trump...people i once thought were reasonable making claims like that.

• Laughing 1

13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Nope...saw a comment elsewhere that in addition to being removed from his position he should be court martialled.  
Thats what happens when you cross Trump...people i once thought were reasonable making claims like that.

:mellow:  Yeah, I know. It was racism, not disrespecting the troops.  The KKK hides under hoods because they're cowards.  Social media has become that hood. 

• Laughing 1

Arizona lightning
Cut out like a thundershot
His voice rang clear across the USA
Where other men have tried and failed
Ended up their days in jail
This man always knew the horse to play

Pick up your bed, beggar man
Bird in the bush and none in the hand
What's your sad excuse to live so long?
Men have hanged for better things
Than half the things you did today
You go find some other place to stay

Arizona thundershower
Count the days and kill the hour
Six foot deep don't seem so awful low, you know
When the eagle hits the ground
you'll see the Sparks for miles around
Who could blame a man to curse or pray

Strike a light or curse the shade 
Some of us have got it made
While some men's children got to stall for time
What you get for what you got
Still don't leave an awful lot
Could be you've got nothing left to give away

California lightning chain
Kicked out in the driving rain
You broke every law of God and man
An honest man would stand and die
If he had one good reason why
Or even half a leg on which to stand

You don't look like one of me
And I don't think I'm one of you
But on the other hand you got the gun
I don't need to have to ask
What's that face behind your mask?
It ain't much different than any other one I've seen

Alabama backslap
One step forward and two steps back
That won't get you back to Buffalo, you know
Just one thing left to say
Every dog will have his day
Take your own but keep your hands off mine

Robert Hunter more or less, my memory fails.

6 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Until the tax cuts start paying for themselves, current prosperity is leveraging future prosperity, as the deficit grows into the foreseeable future.

Don't forget some of the tax cuts (the ones that did not go to the 1%'ers and the(ir) corporations) will disappear by themselves. So, 17% of the problem almost solved!

Edited by msommer

17 hours ago, -jb- said:

Wow. So now Mayor Pete is a terrorist. And he had some weird camo suit on that trump would never wear. No. Words. 

The extent to which Poe's Law has become the equivalent of the First Law of Thermodynamics of the United States in public discourse is terrifying.

• Like 1

Since the supposed whistleblower's name has been spoken on the Senate floor and thrown around the internet (and this forum) and he apparently hasn't had to go into witness protection, what is the harm in officially naming him at this point?  The only reason the anonymity was an issue was Trump saying traitors should be killed right?  Well the people that might act on that already know who he is if they wanted to do something.

Whistleblower protections are to protect from prosecution, not to keep their identity hidden.  Any reason to keep the worst kept secret at this point?

9 minutes ago, KPD said:

Since the supposed whistleblower's name has been spoken on the Senate floor and thrown around the internet (and this forum) and he apparently hasn't had to go into witness protection, what is the harm in officially naming him at this point?  The only reason the anonymity was an issue was Trump saying traitors should be killed right?  Well the people that might act on that already know who he is if they wanted to do something.

Whistleblower protections are to protect from prosecution, not to keep their identity hidden.  Any reason to keep the worst kept secret at this point?

Is there any reason to publicize his name?

11 minutes ago, KPD said:

If you'd like this to happen, feel free to lobby your Congressman to change the whistleblower protection laws.

17 minutes ago, KPD said:

Really? You're basically asking, "What's the harm in doxxing a private citizen?"