What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (7 Viewers)

To put this "location" in a bit of perspective.  The phone conversations the day of and shortly after 9/11 didn't even make it to this level of security.  There is no positive explanation for moving this Ukraine documentation to that area if that is indeed what happened.
Right. Standard foreign state-state communications are confidential+. I think you can see the original classifications on the call memo and it was nowhere near this. 

Cross post: the White House has confirmed the portion of the whistleblower statement that the phone call memo was moved to the classified document retention system. 

I have no idea what this means
It means that the whistleblower was correct about a key claim in the complaint. 

Edit: ostensibly in order to prevent people from finding out what Trump has done, the memo being called a transcript was classified and placed on a classified server.  Not where most of these memo/transcripts are placed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It means that the whistleblower was correct about a key claim in the complaint. 

Edit: ostensibly in order to prevent people from finding out what Trump has done, the memo being called a transcript was classified and placed on a classified server.  Not where most of these memo/transcripts are placed. 
I don't like to be suspicious, but isn't behavior out of the ordinary and which is inexplicable for sound and just reasons, suspicious?  Also, can't suspicious behavior, when coupled with other facts be incriminating?

Perhaps they are very good guessers. 

I know laypeople misuse legal terms all the time, so would you help me understand if this relates at all to "conciousness of guilt" or have I just watched too much Court TV?
Corroboration does not relate to consciousness of guilt.  Suspicious behavior does.  Attempts to evade discovery or to destroy evidence do, or so I believe. Edit:  corroboration relates to proof of a fact or proposition.

Has a post ever aged so poorly, so fast?
It took a while, but this "tossing the keys to Putin" one aged like a ham sandwich:

I yield to nobody in my hatred of Hillary and Bill Clinton, and I enjoyed the hell out of the Anthony Wiener scandal.  Having said that, none of those three people ever conspired with hostile foreign government to tamper with an election.  I mean, I fully supported Clinton's impeachment, and that was "just" perjury and obstruction of justice in what started off as a sexual harassment lawsuit.  I don't think it's the hottest of hot takes to say that tossing the keys to Putin is kind of a bigger deal.

I don't like to be suspicious, but isn't behavior out of the ordinary and inexplicable for sound and just reasons, suspicious?  Also, can't suspicious behavior, when coupled with other facts be incriminating?
Sure, but to really nail it down it would be helpful if someone wrote down what everyone said and then the accused agreed that it was true and accurate in a press conference.  Of course, what are the chances?

Sure, but to really nail it down it would be helpful if someone wrote down what everyone said and then the accused agreed that it was true and accurate in a press conference.  Of course, what are the chances?
Why you would have to be an idiot, and to have an even bigger idiot as your legal advisor.  I simply cannot imagine this scenario.

Pelosi: the President used taxpayer dollars to shake down the president of another country for personal gain. 

This is her mantra. She is repeating it over and over, keeping it very simple. The impeachment will be based on this statement. 

Why you would have to be an idiot, and to have an even bigger idiot as your legal advisor.  I simply cannot imagine this scenario.
I know.  And then imagine if you called the whistleblower a traitor and a spy! And started talking about reporting potential wrongdoing by the executive branch as treason! 

I’ve taken it too far, but imagine how crazy that would be.  

Pelosi: the President used taxpayer dollars to shake down the president of another country for personal gain. 

This is her mantra. She is repeating it over and over, keeping it very simple. The impeachment will be based on this statement. 
And she will fail miserably IMO

I know.  And then imagine if you called the whistleblower a traitor and a spy! And started talking about reporting postential wrongdoing by the executive branch as treason! 

I’ve taken it too far, but imagine how crazy that would be.  
Stop, just stop.  I am willing to go down some pretty improbable rabbit holes.  I have been through the looking glass more than once, but there are limits to my wild imaginings.

I am more of a results guy than a process guy.  If Trump's crackpot theory was correct and Biden did something wrong, it deserves to be exposed.   Trump has a lot of mental issues no doubt.  
No way. I wouldn’t trust this guy to take care of my plants. Likewise I’m sure conservatives won’t want some Lib going rouge.

It took a while, but this "tossing the keys to Putin" one aged like a ham sandwich:
:own3d:

Parnas, Fruman and their natural-gas company, Global Energy Producers, have given more than $400,000 to Republican candidates and committees supporting them in federal elections. The vast majority of that money has gone to committees supporting Trump, but Republican Florida Sen. Rick Scott is the next biggest beneficiary. In 2018, Fruman gave $15,000 to a joint-fundraising committee backing Scott’s Senate race. They also gave $50,000 to the campaign of DeSantis, a Trump ally, in June 2018 and $35,000 combined to a committee supporting failed Republican gubernatorial candidate Adam Putnam.

Together, Parnas and Fruman joined Donald Trump Jr. for breakfast in Beverly Hills last year, a deleted social media post obtained by BuzzFeed/OCCRP shows. Both men have been spotted at Trump properties, including Mar-a-Lago, according to published reports. Another photo shows Parnas at the White House with Trump earlier this year.

On the website of his current company, Fraud Guarantee, Parnas lists one of his early business ventures as “shipping the first containers of freight between the United States and the former Soviet Union in the early 1990s.” Fraud Guarantee, where he is co-founder and CEO, protects investors “from losses due to fraud,” according to the website. Parnas has been repeatedly sued over alleged unpaid debts and rents in Palm Beach County courts. (“I don’t know anybody that has only good in their business,” Parnas said Thursday. “I’ve never done anything illegal, I’ve never been charged, I’ve never been near anything like that.”)

In addition to his interests in real estate and shipping, Fruman is the president of the Ukrainian-based Otrada Luxury Group, which sells cars, jewelry, boats, food and alcohol, according to a company pamphlet. He lives in Sunny Isles Beach, public records show, which is also the location of Seafront Properties, LLC, for which he is the registered agent. He has “personal ties” to a powerful businessman in the Ukrainian port city of Odessa called “the Grey Cardinal” who is believed to associate with organized crime figures, according to OCCRP, an international consortium of investigative journalists.
- Miami Herald story posted just above yours. Did you read it?

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Well the difference is in the damage that’s done along the way. Here Trump has destroyed the process and turned the WB in this situation as facing the same dangers as Manning & Snowden. How the ‘system’ protects them is key. Likewise if Manning & Snowden has used the WB system they’d likely be free men (er people) in America today.
Saints- the reason they go to the press is because the official channels don't work.  The official channels lead them to basically guaranteed retaliation, personal and professional ruin, and run the risk of the important disclosures not even making their way to the public.  If the 'system' worked, they wouldn't have to work outside of it.  

Saints- the reason they go to the press is because the official channels don't work.  The official channels lead them to basically guaranteed retaliation, personal and professional ruin, and run the risk of the important disclosures not even making their way to the public.  If the 'system' worked, they wouldn't have to work outside of it.  
I think that was sort of my point here, that's one reason this is important. How the ‘system’ protects this WB is key.

Users who are viewing this thread