What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Which states? Red states would probably just go along with it.
I think in order for an election to even be contested, you'd have to win states heretofore known as light blue. MI, PA, sometimes WI, and VA come immediately to mind. The structure in place in those states is derived from thirty or forty years of contested party victories. I'm sure they can handle something like this. 

You're not going to be able to win only the deep blue or red states and win the election. 

The NSA to the President actually says, golly there's no need for his own NSC to know #### about the President's actual conduct of foreign policy.
SID, maybe clean up the syntax. Who says what to whom? 

eta* Got it from the article. When I see NSA capitalized, I immediately think of the agency. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I think the judiciary and state and local legislatures would have something to say about that.
I’d like to believe you’re correct but how do you explain Mitch’s refusals to bring forward the bills to protect the election? Or not using the money allotted to fight Russian interference? The NYT just put out an article about the Barr-Durham investigation and how it’s focusing on undermining the intelligence conclusion that Russia was responsible for the 2016 interference.

If in 2016 someone claimed any of these things would happen, you’d be written off fear-mongering liberal. I sure hope that it won’t happen but if you were making a plan to rig an election (or allow someone else to) how many steps of that plan are already happening?

I’d like to believe you’re correct but how do you explain Mitch’s refusals to bring forward the bills to protect the election? Or not using the money allotted to fight Russian interference? The NYT just put out an article about the Barr-Durham investigation and how it’s focusing on undermining the intelligence conclusion that Russia was responsible for the 2016 interference.

If in 2016 someone claimed any of these things would happen, you’d be written off fear-mongering liberal. I sure hope that it won’t happen but if you were making a plan to rig an election (or allow someone else to) how many steps of that plan are already happening?
I actually think I'm thoroughly disgusted with how we're handling the election compared to last time given what we know we know. I don't have any explanation for Mitch's refusals to bring the bills to a vote. I think it's extremely short-sighted and deleterious to our democracy, but I don't think they can outright steal votes as easily as was posited. 

:(

When Trump demanded that Gov. Cuomo drop lawsuits against him—even as the admin banned NYers from the trusted traveler program—"it was an almost uncanny parallel to one of the post-acquittal scenarios that the House impeachment managers had warned about."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/donald-trump-a-president-so-unhinged-that-even-bill-barr-says-hes-out-of-control?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned

Apropos of nothing. I have lived at the same address for 21 years now.  I registered to vote from that address within a week of moving in.  I have voted every election since then.  I get mail ballots sent there and I pay property taxes to the same Clerk and Recorder who is responsible for voter registration and for conducting the elections.  I am known to live at my address and to vote therefrom.

today I opened a piece of mail from the Clerk and Recorder.  She states that I need to update my voter registration me having just moved.  What?  Some honest glitch in the system?

Apropos of nothing. I have lived at the same address for 21 years now.  I registered to vote from that address within a week of moving in.  I have voted every election since then.  I get mail ballots sent there and I pay property taxes to the same Clerk and Recorder who is responsible for voter registration and for conducting the elections.  I am known to live at my address and to vote therefrom.

today I opened a piece of mail from the Clerk and Recorder.  She states that I need to update my voter registration me having just moved.  What?  Some honest glitch in the system?
Identity theft.

Ha....county in NC my mom lives in (been there for 45+years...same house) had to reregister to vote.  The minimum wage person answering the phones suggested they purgerd her and my father assuming no one lives in the same place for that long :lmao:

Best part is, she voted for the people who are now insisting on these "voter registration clean up efforts".

We've seen your posts here at FBGs.  We don't need people like you voting in our elections.   :P

Are we to the point where they could outright cheat in the election (change votes, etc) with no consequences?
Absolutely.

Really? I think the judiciary and state and local legislatures would have something to say about that.
1. The judiciary has had lots to say already.  Without enforcement, it's meaningless.

2. Doesn't seem to have moved the legislature in Tennessee so much.

Or Georgia.  Or Ohio, when a bunch of votes were "lost".  It's not shocking when there are massive discrepancies between numbers of people who vote and numbers of votes cast in a precinct anymore.  It happens somewhere basically every election cycle.  

As long as they present an explanation - it doesn't even have to be reasonable - they'll get away with it.  

Or Georgia.  Or Ohio, when a bunch of votes were "lost".  It's not shocking when there are massive discrepancies between numbers of people who vote and numbers of votes cast in a precinct anymore.  It happens somewhere basically every election cycle.  

As long as they present an explanation - it doesn't even have to be reasonable - they'll get away with it.  
It seems to me less malfeasance than incompetence and sampling. For example, the audit in the article you linked to. That strikes me as statistically sound but awfully prone to human error.

I do agree that the judiciary and the oversight committees need to be strengthened. Not sure what the problem with that is. Much like vets and health care, this seems like a bipartisan issue nonpareil.

It seems to me less malfeasance than incompetence and sampling. For example, the audit in the article you linked to. That strikes me as statistically sound but awfully prone to human error.

I do agree that the judiciary and the oversight committees need to be strengthened. Not sure what the problem with that is. Much like vets and health care, this seems like a bipartisan issue nonpareil.
You'd imagine.  Frankly, if you're overseeing a voting precinct and it can be proven that your precinct "lost" 1/4 of its votes, your entire staff should be immediately fired and there should be fines or perhaps jail time/probation for someone.

Identity theft.
You could have waited until the tax return check arrived. :hot:

DW, congratulations on your wife having octoputlets last year.

The good news is that they are highly intelligent. Probably get scholarships. 
Thanks for reminding me to always look on the bright side of life.

Life's a piece of ####
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughin' as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you
And

Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life

As the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump drew to a close in Washington earlier this month, federal prosecutors in New York contacted witnesses and sought to collect additional documents in an investigation related to Trump’s personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani, according to people familiar with their activities.

The recent steps — including an interview with a witness last week — indicate that the probe involving Giuliani and two of his former associates is moving forward, even as the Justice Department has set up a process to evaluate claims Giuliani is making about alleged wrongdoing in Ukraine related to former vice president Joe Biden.

Attorney General William P. Barr said this week that the department had established an “intake process” to accept information about Biden gathered by the president’s personal attorney. Officials confirmed Giuliani’s tips are being routed to the U.S. attorney’s office in Pittsburgh.

At the same time, the U.S. attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York — which Giuliani led in the 1980s — appears to be continuing its wide-ranging investigation of his activities and those of his former associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, including their efforts in Ukraine.
Full article.

It just doesn't matter. However many times he lies or obstructs justice or grifts or whatever - his supporters never lose the belief in him. Very strange.
If he loses in november they'll all forget he even existed, let alone that they supported him

Just got done reading this on politico.  Definitely crosses the threat line.

“All traitors must die miserable deaths,” reads the email to Zaid that was sent on November 7. “Those that represent traitors shall meet the same fate. We will hunt you down and bleed you out like the pigs you are. We have nothing but time, and you are running out of it. Keep looking over your shoulder. We know who you are, where you live, and who you associate with. We are all strangers in a crowd to you.”

Just got done reading this on politico.  Definitely crosses the threat line.

“All traitors must die miserable deaths,” reads the email to Zaid that was sent on November 7. “Those that represent traitors shall meet the same fate. We will hunt you down and bleed you out like the pigs you are. We have nothing but time, and you are running out of it. Keep looking over your shoulder. We know who you are, where you live, and who you associate with. We are all strangers in a crowd to you.”
Miscarriage of justice--the guy was clearly not talking about Zaid when he said "you", he was talking about traitors. And "we" didn't mean him, it meant the United States. He was merely being patriotic. He can't help it if Zaid misinterpreted the words. The email was perfect. Pardon coming soon.

Want to feel old?

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney·5m

Trump was acquitted in his impeachment trial 5 weeks ago today.

That seems so long ago, given everything going on now.

Well here we are several months later and it turns out Trump was guilty. Not that anyone should be surprised, 

Shame on John Bolton for refusing to testify in order to make a buck. 
Shame on the terrified Republican Senators who voted to not allow Bolton’s testimony so they wouldn’t be forced to listen to anything troubling to them- Susan Collins in particular, but they’re all complicit. 
Shame on the Trump supporters, in this forum and elsewhere, who were willing to make any excuse, accept any lie or the flimsiest of justifications, in order to continue their support. Shame on those supporters who even now support Donald Trump and are trying to get him re-elected. 
What a disgusting, awful time in our history this has been. 

@MaxBlumenthal
John Bolton, a notoriously mendacious enemy of all living beings on the planet, is discovering what every other great Republican hope of the Resistance has: liberals will eagerly lap up any piece of hysterical Cold War propaganda if they think it can be leveraged against Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread