What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

moleculo said:
I kid you not.  This afternoon, Limbaugh claimed that this is a plot to install Hillary.  It was kind of hard to follow his inane ramblings, but I think it goes like this:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  3. Pelosi names Hillary as VP
  4. Pelosi resigns.
He also seemed to propose that this was all a scheme to bring down Biden, but the Democrats couldn't do it becase they are all just as corrupt (or more) than Trump, who is the least corrupt president of our time.  not a single scandal coming from the Trump White House!

It's insane.
Taking 27 Oxy makes you say crazy things.

But you told the prior poster that he was wrong for saying that Maguire said the IG found it credible. 
No, I told Saints he was wrong to conclude that the IG saying he found it credible to mean the whistle blower accusation is valid.  We have no idea how accurate it is and it was clearly written by someone who didn't have first hand knowledge of events.  It is 100% hearsay.

No, I told Saints he was wrong to conclude that the IG saying he found it credible to mean the whistle blower accusation is valid.  We have no idea how accurate it is and it was clearly written by someone who didn't have first hand knowledge of events.  It is 100% hearsay.

We have a decent idea - considering the WH has confirmed large parts of it.

But I agree - more investigation is needed. Thank goodness Pelosi finally started moving forward with this, eh?

We have a decent idea - considering the WH has confirmed large parts of it.

But I agree - more investigation is needed. Thank goodness Pelosi finally started moving forward with this, eh?
She should have looked for rocks before she jumped head first in the shallow creek IMO.

Technically I referred to both the IG *and the DNI reaching that conclusion.

moleculo said:
I kid you not.  This afternoon, Limbaugh claimed that this is a plot to install Hillary.  It was kind of hard to follow his inane ramblings, but I think it goes like this:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  3. Pelosi names Hillary as VP
  4. Pelosi resigns.
He also seemed to propose that this was all a scheme to bring down Biden, but the Democrats couldn't do it becase they are all just as corrupt (or more) than Trump, who is the least corrupt president of our time.  not a single scandal coming from the Trump White House!

It's insane.
Fairly sure if you replace Hillary with Greta Thunberg (and add that she will be given immediate citizenship, age waiver and all other presidential requirements waived) you (or Rush) is on to something big.

Pompeo subpoenaed by House committees for failure to produce Ukraine documents

(CNN)The chairmen of three House committees subpoenaed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Friday over his failure to produce answers about Ukraine.

"Pursuant to the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, we are hereby transmitting a subpoena that compels you to produce the documents set forth in the accompanying schedule by October 4, 2019," the chairmen of the House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight committees wrote in a letter to Pompeo.

In addition to the subpoena, Reps. Adam Schiff, Eliot Engel and Elijah Cummings informed the top US diplomat in a separate letter that they had deposed five State Department officials who have been mentioned in relation to the inquiry -- Ambassador Marie "Masha" Yovanovitch, Ambassador Kurt Volker, Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent, Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl and Ambassador Gordon Sondland.

The chairman of the three committees wrote to Pompeo on September 9 with a request for six categories of documents "related to reported efforts by President Trump and his associates to improperly pressure the Ukrainian government to assist the President's bid for reelection."

That initial letter requested these materials by September 16. After that deadline was missed, Schiff, Engel and Cummings sent another letter on Monday warning that unless the documents were handed over, "our Committees will have no choice but to move towards compulsory process this week."

The State Department had until Thursday to reply.

Pompeo has not publicly addressed the State Department's role in Rudy Giuliani's dealings with Ukraine and the State Department has not responded to numerous requests for comment about the situation.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

No quid pro quo

Ukrainians weren't made aware that the assistance was being delayed/reviewed until more than one month after the call.

This disproves the quid pro quo angle
"Why would the $400 million in withheld critically-needed military aid not be the top priority of the call?"

Maybe we should get the full transcript instead of the WH approved summary? Ya know, the one they locked away in the double-top-secret server.

Last edited by a moderator:
No quid pro quo

Ukrainians weren't made aware that the assistance was being delayed/reviewed until more than one month after the call.

In the call just before the ‘do me a favor’ line, Trump confirms the money is on the way, right?

eta - am I misremembering this?

Zelensky: “We are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.”

Trump: “I would like you to do us a favor though...”

And then Trump launches into the server, investigate the Bidens, etc.

eta2 - Link.

No quid pro quo

Did they know they hadn't received it yet?

Did they know they were talking to the guy who:
1. could prevent them from getting it;
2. claims to be great friends with one of their biggest enemies;
3. unilaterally pulled his country out of the Paris Accord agreement;
4. unilaterally pulled his country out of the Iran agreement;
5. unilaterally torpedoed his country's participation in TPP;
6. unilaterally decided he could budget money to building a wall even if Congress wouldn't approve it; and
7. has a history over his entire life of reneging on agreements and not giving people the money promised to them?

Did they know that 2 +2 = 4 (even if the guy they were talking to can't make that calculation)?

No quid pro quo

Now this witch unt can maybe end.  It's doing nothing but hurting the country and serves as a huge distraction.  Not that Pelosi cares about anything except taking Trump down (and now  Pence too... hmmmmm... wonder why she might want to take both of them down).  Now lets demand transcripts of every call over the past month between Schiff, Pelosi and everyone else involved in the witch hunt.  Will no doubt turn up some interesting things.  

Now this witch unt can maybe end.  It's doing nothing but hurting the country and serves as a huge distraction.  Not that Pelosi cares about anything except taking Trump down (and now  Pence too... hmmmmm... wonder why she might want to take both of them down).  Now lets demand transcripts of every call over the past month between Schiff, Pelosi and everyone else involved in the witch hunt.  Will no doubt turn up some interesting things.  
Say what now?  Why would that tweet end anything?

No quid pro quo

In the call just before the ‘do me a favor’ line, Trump confirms the money is on the way, right?

eta - am I misremembering this?

Zelensky: “We are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.”

Trump: “I would like you to do us a favor though...”

And then Trump launches into the server, investigate the Bidens, etc.

eta2 - Link.
There is just no way that the Trump guys can make "Do us a favor" go away.

Subpoenas also issued to 5 State Department officials. The one to Pompeo says "Your failure to comply will result in a charge of obstruction of justice."

This is totally different from the previous subpoenas issued over Russia. The House means business.

Mike Pompeo issued a subpoena.

Subpoenas also issued to 5 State Department officials. The one to Pompeo says "Your failure to comply will result in a charge of obstruction of justice."

This is totally different from the previous subpoenas issued over Russia. The House means business.
>>The Chairmen also sent a separate letter today notifying Pompeo that the Committees have scheduled depositions for five State Department officials over the next two weeks:

October 2, 2019:  Ambassador Marie “Masha” Yovanovitch

October 3, 2019:  Ambassador Kurt Volker 

October 7, 2019:  Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent 

October 8, 2019:  Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl

October 10, 2019:  Ambassador Gordon Sondland<<

That’s bringing it.

- Another difference from Mueller/Russia is there isn’t a quagmire of witnesses claiming privilege.

>>The Chairmen also sent a separate letter today notifying Pompeo that the Committees have scheduled depositions for five State Department officials over the next two weeks:

October 2, 2019:  Ambassador Marie “Masha” Yovanovitch

October 3, 2019:  Ambassador Kurt Volker 

October 7, 2019:  Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent 

October 8, 2019:  Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl

October 10, 2019:  Ambassador Gordon Sondland<<

That’s bringing it.

- Another difference from Mueller/Russia is there isn’t a quagmire of witnesses claiming privilege.
Curious about these deposition dates because I thought they were off next week?

See this is why the folks who think this will end up helping Trump, will create a backlash that will lose Democrats the House, really have no idea what they're talking about. They're thinking this is the Russia scandal. Its completely different.

Zelensky: We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though...The other thing, there’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. 

Zelensky: First of all I understand and I’m knowledgeable about the situation. 

Trump: Your economy is going to get better and better I predict. 

How long before Rudy gets thrown under the bus?

Trump: "I was just asking him to look into stuff, I had no idea he would threaten them with no spending. He was pretending to make that threat on my behalf but I never told him any such thing!"

See this is why the folks who think this will end up helping Trump, will create a backlash that will lose Democrats the House, really have no idea what they're talking about. They're thinking this is the Russia scandal. Its completely different.
The only real difference is there's a smoking gun this time.

whoknew said:
Giuliani is just not a smart lawyer. I mean, I guess he was at one time, but he definitely isn't anymore. 

First, he tweets - 

Why does this text and date render the hearsay so-called whistleblower useless and not credible? If you get even one reason I might recommend you for Law School. Two and it’s LawReview. Answers later. Watch Laura at 10 pm.

--

That tweet included a copy of a text between him and Kurt Volker - the US Special Representative to Ukraine. So...

FOIA to State for U.S. Special Representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker’s text messages with President Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani asserted that a trail of such messages exists.
Giuliani just said he would love to testify in front of Congreff.  :lmao: :popcorn:

Giuliani is the new Manafort. It may not play out the same way - final decisions on FARA are being handled by Barr not Mueller - But the clientele and pro-Kremlin lobbying seems the same.

Support for Trump impeachment rises 12 points in new poll.

A new Hill-HarrisX survey on Friday found support for impeachment proceedings against President Trump has risen 12 points compared to a similar poll conducted three months ago.

The survey was conducted on Sept. 26-27, just days after House Democrats started a formal impeachment inquiry over a whistleblower complaint involving Trump's communications with Ukraine.

The poll showed 47 percent of respondents support that decision, up 12 points from a similar survey in June, which asked whether Democrats should begin impeachment proceedings.

Meanwhile, opposition to impeachment dipped 3 points to 42 percent, while 11 percent of those polled in the new survey said they weren't sure or didn't know. 

Support for impeachment grew among Democratic, Republican and independent voters alike. Democratic support jumped from 59 percent to 78 percent, a 19-point increase. The number of Republicans backing impeachment jumped 5 points to 18 percent.

The number of independents who back impeachment doubled to 41 percent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/hilltv/rising/463408-support-for-impeachment-rises-12-points-in-new-poll%3famp

Users who are viewing this thread