What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

And still not guilty.  :shrug:
Seems like this impeachment was warranted.

3rd ranking GOP House member saying he’s guilty. GOP Senate leader saying he’s to be blamed for feeding lies to the mob, Seven Republican Senators vote to convict.

I’d think conservatives would want Trump to play golf and stay quiet. Could really mess up things for the GOP.

Seems like this impeachment was warranted.

3rd ranking GOP House member saying he’s guilty. GOP Senate leader saying he’s to be blamed for feeding lies to the mob, Seven Republican Senators vote to convict.

I’d think conservatives would want Trump to play golf and stay quiet. Could really mess up things for the GOP.
Doesn't matter what anyone says, it's what they do.  And they acquitted - not guilty.

BladeRunner said:
Doesn't matter what anyone says, it's what they do.  And they acquitted - not guilty.
I’d disagree that it doesn’t matter what they say.

Back to what we were talking about though I thought your point was that this impeachment trial should have not happened and it is all the Dems not letting him go or something?

The nation moves on. We’re going to get a lot of stuff done. COVID will be defeated, and we will deal with climate change and infrastructure and, hopefully immigration. Biden is doing a fine job and things look pretty  bright. 

The Republican Party, and conservatives in general, will not move on. They’re in disarray right now, a train wreck, believing in fake news and conspiracy theories and continuing to stay loyal to the worst President in American history. They’re becoming less relevant every minute, every hour, and Donald Trump is stuck in their heads. I think they’ll right the ship eventually but it’s going to be a while. In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 

The nation moves on. We’re going to get a lot of stuff done. COVID will be defeated, and we will deal with climate change and infrastructure and, hopefully immigration. Biden is doing a fine job and things look pretty  bright. 

The Republican Party, and conservatives in general, will not move on. They’re in disarray right now, a train wreck, believing in fake news and conspiracy theories and continuing to stay loyal to the worst President in American history. They’re becoming less relevant every minute, every hour, and Donald Trump is stuck in their heads. I think they’ll right the ship eventually but it’s going to be a while. In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 
I really like sour timschochet.   Now that you've changed.  Please don't change back.

Schumer played it well.  extending it doesn't help.  they proved their case.  put the 43 cowards on the record.  move on.
If all press is good press Schumer did not play it well.   Being impeached twice  can come to be a feather in trumps cap.   Especially  if the economy  tanks.    If it doesn't.   Well Trump will be a republican  king maker.

If all press is good press Schumer did not play it well.   Being impeached twice  can come to be a feather in trumps cap.   Especially  if the economy  tanks.    If it doesn't.   Well Trump will be a republican  king maker.
good luck with that.

Maybe in some more extreme areas or he can threaten some Republicans who could get primaries. 

He’s lost a lot lately. Got some serious stink on him. 

I really like sour timschochet.   Now that you've changed.  Please don't change back.
I’m not sour at all. I was pissed off at the surrender this morning but I’m past it. The important thing is that Trump is finished. He doesn’t know it, some of his biggest supporters don’t know it, but that doesn’t matter. It’s over. It lasted longer than McCarthyism. Not much longer, 

Yeah, this is complete nonsense and hyperbole.  77 million votes doesn't say "disarray". 

It's all good, Tim.  I remember when the Democrats said the GOP would never take power again after they swept the midterms in 2006.  Keep holding on to that - to your detriment.

Welp, that's what I expected to happen.  A majority of GOP once again chose party over country and put their cowardice and absolute lack of integrity and accountability on display for the world to see, just like they did last year.  

Did anyone really expect GOP to grow a spine since the Ukraine impeachment?

*when I say GOP, I don't just refer to 43 Senators.  The rot is much deeper than that.

Yeah, this is complete nonsense and hyperbole.  77 million votes doesn't say "disarray". 

It's all good, Tim.  I remember when the Democrats said the GOP would never take power again after they swept the midterms in 2006.  Keep holding on to that - to your detriment.
Never is a long time. The GOP will take power again. I think it’s going to be a while. But it will happen when the Democrats overreach and the Republicans come back to their senses. 

If Princess Leigh was a democrat she would have given Vader the real location of the rebel base after he blew up Alderaan in the hopes he would come around to seeing things her way. 

2022 is less than 21 months away and redistricting is going to occur.  Consider who controls the majority of statehouses and I think the gap is now just 5 seats in the House.  It's not like 2022 is some 10:1 odds against the R's.  Fivethirtyeight did a piece on it shortly after the November elections:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-2020-gains-in-the-house-set-them-up-well-for-2022/

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, that's what I expected to happen.  A majority of GOP once again chose party over country and put their cowardice and absolute lack of integrity and accountability on display for the world to see, just like they did last year.  

Did anyone really expect GOP to grow a spine since the Ukraine impeachment?

*when I say GOP, I don't just refer to 43 Senators.  The rot is much deeper than that.
Like the Swamp did for Hillary in 2016?

2022 is less than 21 months away and redistricting is going to occur.  Consider who controls the majority of statehouses and I think the gap is now just 5 seats now in the House.  It's not like 2022 is some 10:1 odds against the R's.  Fivethirtyeight did a piece on it shortly after the November elections:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-2020-gains-in-the-house-set-them-up-well-for-2022/
:goodposting:  Yep. Americans are going to be tired of the Democrats games. Biden is bumbling vaccine distribution.  People still being asked to were masks in 2022 and they will vote the loonies out of office. 

:goodposting:  Yep. Americans are going to be tired of the Democrats games. Biden is bumbling vaccine distribution.  People still being asked to were masks in 2022 and they will vote the loonies out of office. 
How is he bumbling it? He had to start from scratch and with 50 states to work with, each with their own infrastructure to work through, his team is doing better than Trump’s ever could.

Never is a long time. The GOP will take power again. I think it’s going to be a while. But it will happen when the Democrats overreach and the Republicans come back to their senses. 
I agree.  Eventually the party in power gets a little too cocky.  Hopefully the R's have their house in order when this happens.

He is bumbling vaccine distribution?  According to what?

I agree.  Eventually the party in power gets a little too cocky.  Hopefully the R's have their house in order when this happens.
Growth trends make it very likely the GOP will have long term control on the Senate

Growth trends make it very likely the GOP will have long term control on the Senate
Agreed.  I look at the few remaining "purple states" that currently have one senator from each party.  As things become more polarized these likely go away.  There are currently only 5:  MT; WI; OH; PA; WV.  The R's have an advantage in at least 3 of those 5.

This is Big League trolling here.  The only thing you nailed is the R's are in disarray.  

You are way too optimistic Tim.

Trumpism will play a big part in the 2022 elections and I think Trump has a good shot at being the 2024 GOP POTUS candidate. 
Oh don’t get me wrong. It’s going to last a long time in terms of the Republicans. But not in terms of the nation as a whole, that’s over. 

Schumer played it well.  extending it doesn't help.  they proved their case.  put the 43 cowards on the record.  move on.
Meh...they were never going to win this one.  The other should not have happened. So much wasted time and money.  All the video of Dem calling for uprisings, confrontations and punching people in the face did not help their cause or anyone`s cause.   

Pretty disgusted with both parties at this stage of my life.  I really have no trust in either.

Agreed.  I look at the few remaining "purple states" that currently have one senator from each party.  As things become more polarized these likely go away.  There are currently only 5:  MT; WI; OH; PA; WV.  The R's have an advantage in at least 3 of those 5.
AZ and GA jumped from no Dem Senators to two pretty quick.  

ETA: I would also add ME to your list, Angus King caucuses with the Dems and Susan Collins is Republican.

Users who are viewing this thread