What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

One of the most common defenses made over the years regarding Trump’s various crimes was “nobody cares”. This was never true but it will be now. Trump’s ultimate punishment for the events of January 6 is irrelevance outside of GOP internal politics. The GOP’s punishment for yesterday’s acquittal is greater insignificance. 

I understand the nonsense excuses. Histrionics aside, is there any legitimate reason not to favor remote voting moving forward? IMO, it’s kinda ridiculous it isn’t primarily e-voting at this point.
You can file your tax return, pay or be paid electronically to the federal government.  

Get paid by your employer...pay your bills.

Trillions upon Trillions of dollars exchanged over the internet.

But we can't secure things to vote that way?

One of the most common defenses made over the years regarding Trump’s various crimes was “nobody cares”. This was never true but it will be now. Trump’s ultimate punishment for the events of January 6 is irrelevance outside of GOP internal politics. The GOP’s punishment for yesterday’s acquittal is greater insignificance. 
I watched a local news show last week where they were interviewing people on the street.   30-40% did not even know there was trial going on, another 30-40% hardly knew and did not seem to care, about 20% seemed to show some interest. Then a handful knew what was going on.

It was sad to see how ignorant the general population is.

Yes. Can you provide a link to prove otherwise?  
That he still is in control of the party?  I can provide many opinions showing that is likely the case.  

Because it is an opinion of course.

But based on facts that they continue to do things for Trump and in fear of Trump and Trump's base.  Including 3 senators meeting with Trump's lawyers on the eve of the impeachment defense.

Based on how the party turns on people like Liz Cheney and Jaime Herrera Beutler and any others who go against Trump.

The Ds have Joe, the house and the senate. How much do you think Mitch is going to obstruct going forward ?
His point was that the silver lining was that McConnell can't hold things up anymore.  

You are just agreeing with him...he can't...that is/was the whole point of his post.

I watched a local news show last week where they were interviewing people on the street.   30-40% did not even know there was trial going on, another 30-40% hardly knew and did not seem to care, about 20% seemed to show some interest. Then a handful knew what was going on.

Surprised it’s not tuned out by more people than that. When you have a track record of worthless political theater instead of impacting the daily lives of citizens in a positive way then people become numb to it and tune it out. 

The Ds have Joe, the house and the senate. How much do you think Mitch is going to obstruct going forward ?
It depends on two things: the Democrats’ willingness to put aside the filibuster, and Joe Manchin’s willingness to go along. 
If there is no will to put aside the filibuster, and/or if Manchin is unwilling to go along, the answer to your question is: a whole hell of a lot. 

This is not representative of the public at large per polling. 

You can file your tax return, pay or be paid electronically to the federal government.  

Get paid by your employer...pay your bills.

Trillions upon Trillions of dollars exchanged over the internet.

But we can't secure things to vote that way?
I suspect — but don’t know with 100% certainty—that secure e-voting is very nearly a technological impossibility.

I strongly disagree with Nancy Pelosi’s decision not to pursue a censure. She complained that a censure is a slap on the wrist and meaningless. It’s far more than that: it would force Republicans in both the House and Senate to put on record either their disapproval or approval of Trump’s actions without the excuse of jurisdiction. 
Just as with the issue of witnesses, the Democratic leadership seems unwilling to push Republicans to the ultimate test, I guess because they think it will hurt them achieve certain bipartisan goals that Biden strongly desires. But weakness is toxic and creates more weakness. 

Is this thing on?  :(
The answer is we still don’t know for sure. But the strong suspicion is that Biden’s people feared witnesses would delay the trial, not change the result, and interfere with the Democratic agenda. So Schumer got the House Managers to agree to just putting it in the record. A surrender. 

I strongly disagree with Nancy Pelosi’s decision not to pursue a censure. She complained that a censure is a slap on the wrist and meaningless. It’s far more than that: it would force Republicans in both the House and Senate to put on record either their disapproval or approval of Trump’s actions without the excuse of jurisdiction. 
Just as with the issue of witnesses, the Democratic leadership seems unwilling to push Republicans to the ultimate test, I guess because they think it will hurt them achieve certain bipartisan goals that Biden strongly desires. But weakness is toxic and creates more weakness. 
Time to let the state of New York deal with Trump. Get back to running the business of passing legislation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s reality which you and others are hiding from in here. Sorry friend. 
I’m sorry for you. The polls don’t match your narrative. Prior to the trial 53% of the American public wanted Trump convicted. By day 2 that number rose to 56%, and I suspect it will be higher within a few days. The news networks had their highest ratings in months and the public is generally paying greater attention than they normally do. 

Biden was never totally on board with this to begin with. Biden has been around the block and he knew it had zero chance to succeed and would just be a distraction in his early days.  Plus it ended up showing all the Dems calling for uprisings and violence as well.  Was not good for any of us. A censure and good-bye would have been better.

The day Trump left I never wanted to hear or read about him again.  

This is not representative of the public at large per polling. 
Wonder if they took account of people who were disinterested?  Or only counted the people who gave their OP?  If people do not know or care those are usually disregarded as their numbers do not add anything to the polling stats.

I don't think your numbers are right, but the average person has other priorities and it was quite obvious to any reasonable person before this week what happened and why. 

I don't think your numbers are right, but the average person has other priorities and it was quite obvious to any reasonable person before this week what happened and why. 
Probably..most of the people were youngers adults too. 25-30 range. The geezers were the ones who followed it more.

I’m sorry for you. The polls don’t match your narrative. Prior to the trial 53% of the American public wanted Trump convicted. By day 2 that number rose to 56%, and I suspect it will be higher within a few days. The news networks had their highest ratings in months and the public is generally paying greater attention than they normally do. 
You can post like this all day in a 99% liberal sub forum and cherry pick your favorite polls and tweets as much as you want. It’s just not reality and I feel sorry for you it has consumed you to this level. 

Biden was never totally on board with this to begin with. Biden has been around the block and he knew it had zero chance to succeed and would just be a distraction in his early days.  Plus it ended up showing all the Dems calling for uprisings and violence as well.  Was not good for any of us. A censure and good-bye would have been better.

The day Trump left I never wanted to hear or read about him again.  
The dems were not calling for violence.  And uprising was spun to mean they supported violent riot/protest.

You think the GOP is going to let you not hear about Trump again?   Its not just the democrats.

That he still is in control of the party?  I can provide many opinions showing that is likely the case.  

Because it is an opinion of course.

But based on facts that they continue to do things for Trump and in fear of Trump and Trump's base.  Including 3 senators meeting with Trump's lawyers on the eve of the impeachment defense.

Based on how the party turns on people like Liz Cheney and Jaime Herrera Beutler and any others who go against Trump.
So no link?  Sourcing all of a sudden not that important?

You can post like this all day in a 99% liberal sub forum and cherry pick your favorite polls and tweets as much as you want. It’s just not reality and I feel sorry for you it has consumed you to this level. 
Bolded together is quite interesting.  You can repeat its 99% liberal all day...but that will never be reality.

The dems were not calling for violence.  And uprising was spun to mean they supported violent riot/protest.

You think the GOP is going to let you not hear about Trump again?   Its not just the democrats.
Interpretation of words differ with everyone.  Just watch the lawyers on how they define words.

Yes...true.  Some took Maxine's post as promoting violence.  It never was.  Among other things people took that way.  Does not make it so.
I agree, but that is the same thing they said about Trumps words as well.  I am just glad this is over..so done with Trump.

I agree, but that is the same thing they said about Trumps words as well.  I am just glad this is over..so done with Trump.
Trumps words led directly to a stop the steal rally.  The rioters echoed his actual words.  If you have examples or the defense did of the same happening...that might work...and even then wouldn’t excuse Trump.  But there wasn’t that.  There wasn’t examples of a campaign helping fund such a rally was there?

It will be interesting if this does make it to civil or criminal  charges as some are speculating.

Bolded together is quite interesting.  You can repeat its 99% liberal all day...but that will never be reality.
You mentioned you didn’t fare very well in a more evenly split forum, I think we all expect you would try to avoid this reality. That’s fine, it’s not like it’s a secret to anyone but it’s funny watching some of you try to convince others it isn’t what it is.  :lmao:

Anyways, sorry another Impeachment didn’t go so well for guys, don’t let it ruin your Valentines Day. 

I didn't care because I knew how it was going to end.  

I didn't care because I knew how it was going to end.  
So did Joe Biden.  That is why he was not on board.   Well the distractions are over now.  We still have a pandemic to deal with and Biden has a country to run. Hopefully congress can now devote their time to getting vaccines out and stimulas to the people in need.

So did Joe Biden.  That is why he was not on board.   Well the distractions are over now.  We still have a pandemic to deal with and Biden has a country to run. Hopefully congress can now devote their time to getting vaccines out and stimulas to the people in need.
Exactly.  Most sane people with reasoning skills knew Trump had some part of the 1/6 deal.  Now to what extent, it really doesn't matter anymore.  The country has to move on.  

You mentioned you didn’t fare very well in a more evenly split forum, I think we all expect you would try to avoid this reality. That’s fine, it’s not like it’s a secret to anyone but it’s funny watching some of you try to convince others it isn’t what it is.  :lmao:

Anyways, sorry another Impeachment didn’t go so well for guys, don’t let it ruin your Valentines Day. 
I never mentioned the bolded whatsoever.  

Its funny that you think the place is 99% liberal...or that others have called this place far left.  That is not reality.

Wonder if they took account of people who were disinterested?  Or only counted the people who gave their OP?  If people do not know or care those are usually disregarded as their numbers do not add anything to the polling stats.
Yes. When a poll says 56% of Americans, it’s not limited to only those interested. 

Polls like this make me suspect you’re at least half shtick because you’re far too smart to live in this sort of fantasy. 

Users who are viewing this thread