• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The quid pro quo discussion is a red herring. Sondland’s statement and testimony is proof that the President was running a shadow diplomacy operation using his private attorney outside of normal execu

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there i

48 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I wonder if any harm or death happened to any members of Congress, particularly a Republican, if this vote would have gone differently.

Probably depends on which republican. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

Might as well get rid of congress. There's clearly no place for it.

agreed

get rid of all these old fossils who've been in office for 40 years and start over

1 minute ago, GROOT said:

Way to start off a presidency Democrats with an L. This is going to bring unity right? What week is the bye?

Is it really a loss though? I mean, we knew the cowardly Republican Senate would protect Trump, and we all know that Trump did in fact incite the insurrection. 

I think it’s just more degradation of the GOP, which is good for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, dozer said:

The pertinent quote was from Ben Sasse.

Aren’t you the poster who has used (actual) fake news sites like gateway pundit and OAN as sources?

The point is that Trump was happy about the insurrection that he incited. There is no doubt about that. To deny it is to deny reality.

The US Senate did not see it that way.   Acquitted 

4 minutes ago, GROOT said:

Way to start off a presidency Democrats with an L. This is going to bring unity right? What week is the bye?

No worries my man.   "Covid Killer" Joe "The Bull Market" Biden has been busy this whole time saving American lives and the World's economy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, thriftyrocker said:

McConnel saying Trump "practically and morally responsible" for Jan 6 before presumably getting into the mental gymnastics of why he didn't vote to convict.

The guy put off the trial so he could use a bogus excuse to vote to acquit.

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

The US Senate did not see it that way.   Acquitted 

Sure, he’s acquitted. That’s a fact.

however, a solid bipartisan majority in both chambers of Congress found Trump guilty of inciting an insurrection.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

McConnel saying Trump "practically and morally responsible" for Jan 6 before presumably getting into the mental gymnastics of why he didn't vote to convict.

Such a weird move by Mitch.  He's kind of broken off from the Trump/Trump Republicans, and has tried to tone down the insanity of the party.  He speaks out against Trump.  I thought he was working to hold the traditional Republican party together.  Not sure what the hell he's doing.

5 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Ended how everyone knew it would, let's get on with the healing and unity.

Not sure if this is serious or sarcastic. My cynical take is that neither healing nor unity is on the horizon.

• Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Such a weird move by Mitch.  He's kind of broken off from the Trump/Trump Republicans, and has tried to tone down the insanity of the party.  He speaks out against Trump.  I thought he was working to hold the traditional Republican party together.  Not sure what the hell he's doing.

Agreed. He would have been better served voting guilty. This seems to be the worst of both worlds. Alienate his base and not do the right thing.

49 minutes ago, dozer said:

The pertinent quote was from Ben Sasse.

Aren’t you the poster who has used (actual) fake news sites like gateway pundit and OAN as sources?

The point is that Trump was happy about the insurrection that he incited. There is no doubt about that. To deny it is to deny reality.

This is not your father's GOP.

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

🇺🇸:thumbup::thumbup:🇺🇸

Verdict- not guilty. Dems fail again. Time to move on. 

Yep.  Not guilty.  Two shams in a row.

Can the healing start now?  Or is this the start of going after those that don't agree with Democrats?

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

Here’s my opinion - the whole trial was unconstitutional as Impeachment is for removing someone from office. That being said, Trump is a pos and if he were still in office he should have been removed. Basically what McConnell just said.

8 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Ended how everyone knew it would, let's get on with the healing and unity.

The people at the root of the problem are damaged beyond repair. There will be no healing with them. Unity in this context hopefully just means back to the typical battle stations, and not brazen gaslighting and disingenuous everything.

• Laughing 1
16 minutes ago, dozer said:

Is it really a loss though? I mean, we knew the cowardly Republican Senate would protect Trump, and we all know that Trump did in fact incite the insurrection. 

I think it’s just more degradation of the GOP, which is good for everyone.

No, you needed him to incite an insurrection. It didn't happen.

• Like 1
Just now, Apple Jack said:

The people at the root of the problem are damaged beyond repair. There will be no healing with them. Unity in this context hopefully just means back to the typical battle stations, and not brazen gaslighting and disingenuous everything.

I agree.  Once the Dems purge those within their ranks that want revenge and payback and, well, anyone who opposes them, THEN - and only then - can the healing begin.

• Like 1

It may not be in its jurisdiction, but I wish SCOTUS could have had the power to weigh in on the constitutional nature of this impeachment. Also ridiculous nlthat Mcconnell can be allowed to run out the clock and then claim the loophole. Despicable.

Edited by Shatner!
10 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Here’s my opinion - the whole trial was unconstitutional as Impeachment is for removing someone from office. That being said, Trump is a pos and if he were still in office he should have been removed. Basically what McConnell just said.

Reminder: Trump was impeached for the second time while still in office. McConnell delayed the trial.

10 minutes ago, GROOT said:

No, you needed him to incite an insurrection. It didn't happen.

It certainly happened. It’s been happening for months. It’s undeniable.

Discussion that Mcconnell should not have been able to use the constitutionality of the argument to vote not guilty after the Senate decided it was. He failed his duty based on what he just said.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Impeachment happened while he was in office.  McConnel is why he wasn’t removed while in office.

12 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The Democrats and Administration have zero interest in healing. 

I hope you are correct. Now is the time for accountability, then we can have healing.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Congratulations traitors everywhere!

The Democrats lost their 2nd impeachment sham.  Not something I would be congratulating them for.  

0-2 on the impeachment shams.

Who's next on the list?

14 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The Democrats and Administration have zero interest in healing. 

Sure they do...do Republicans?  Sure doesn’t appear so.